West Virginia High
School Wrestling

West Virginia Wrestling -- February 2000 Forum (Part Four)

Questions and comments welcome!

If you have some bit of West Virginia wrestling information to share, or a question or comment, here is the place.
Let's keep the discourse positive!
(Note: Flames, trash talk, and other items deemed inappropriate will not be posted).

To submit an item for the forum, click here to go to the forum submission page.

Current forum and index
Return to the WV-Mat front page

February 14, 2000
comments: comments to hedgesville wrestler: I thin fairmont senior would beat you guys if they were healthy. Come tournament time it is betwwen you guys and south at states with fairmont senior in a close third. Deligatti will win 103. I hope this will actually make the forum!

February 14, 2000
email: tarasuemccartney@hotmail.com
comments: I just wanted to take a minute to say good luck to all of the wrestlers this weekend. I have read a lot of comments on which region is the toughest and which team has it easy and all of that good stuff but as they say "talk is cheap" It is not only petty and stupid to argue over which region is the toughest it is not fair to the boys or girls in those regions. The fact is the wrestlers have worked hard all season for this weekend and I think it is only fair to give them the credit they deserve. I think it is just as awesome for a wrestler to win in Region 1 or 2 as it is for a wrestler to win in any other region. Yes I am a South graduate yes I want South to win and yes I am proud of my little brother and my dad and I want to see them both win it all but I am not going to get on here an be-little the other teams or other regions. I don't think that is necessary. The score on Saturday and the score a week from Saturday will speak for its self. So good l! uck South! And good luck to the other teams throughout the state I hope these next two weekends are filled with great matches!

February 14, 2000
comments: Not to bring back the "MATMAID" subject but in a match this weekend my brother was wrestling in the finals it was a very close match and at the end my brother took the guy down the ref awarded my brother 2 points but the girl ( a high school girl) working the score saw the ref holding up 2 and see put it against my brother making the score 6-4 against my brother he lost the match because the girl would rather flirt with another guy than watch the match and do her job right I'm not saying all girls are like this I was just kind of upset and needed to tell someone about it
Editor's note: One obvious question: Where was your coach? These kinds of scoring errors are usually readily worked out by the coach and the official.

February 14, 2000
comments: I would like to compliment the Wood Co. wrestling community. Beckley-Stratton wrestled some stiff competition this season and out of it all you were the best ( Blennerhassett Edison and Jackson to name a few ). Congratulations to Blennerhassett on your #1 ranking and to the coaches Porter the hard work your wrestlers put in year around pays off during the regular season. Your Patriot program is a model for all youth programs in the state to follow and a great feeder for the southern Wood Co. Jr. Highs. The class you have shown in not blowing your own horn and letting your talking be done on the mat is an example we all need to follow.

February 14, 2000
comments: Reply to MATMAN - Feb 14 2000
Hey MATMAN…We are not "down" on South wrestlers we are pumped up on the Polar Bear victory over the previously ranked #1 team in the state. I find it hilarious that you also state that this was not a "big deal". If you look over the forum over the past months all we have been fed is what a great team South is South is unbeatable South is IT South is the Greatest ever!

Perhaps your wrestlers are buying the hype and added pressure your creating from a run of success. But take the message Fairmont Senior sent you. Fairmont Senior Marion County and the rest of the West Virginia wrestling supporters (you know these are the fans wrestlers and coaches that you so eloquently labeled…"you people" in you comment) don't buy the garbage a select group of certain South fans are spreading. Never have…never will.

I am also sure your wrestlers whom you love admire and worship so much appreciate the added pressure for nest year. Gee let em enjoy and concentrate on this year. Remember five titles in six years is pretty impressive. Why do you want to start more "hype" for team that doesn't exist yet??????

You stated if you are going to beat South you had better do it this year. This just in…Fairmont Senior beat South…or are you in denial?

Teem is spelled team.

But most importantly we are not "down on the South wrestlers". We love to wrestle good competition and year in year out South is good competition.

Good luck to each and every wrestler this weekend and at the states. Including South!

February 14, 2000
comments: It's disappointing that the real supporters of Parkersburg South are being overshadowed by the "so called supporters" who voice negative comments.

February 14, 2000
email: From: a south fan
comments: Ummm......to say that no fairmont team or oak glen people have gotten on here and ran their mouths have you been reading the forum?????? Guess not because I have seen some of these fans get on here and talk trash too!!!!! Yeah South is the number 1 team in the state and South also has two number 1 ranked basketball teams so i would say that is only fair that our schools fans brag......Don't we have the right too!?!?!?!?!? I would say yes!! Good luck to all tht South Patriot teams!!!February 14, 2000
comments: I saw the comment that South has no 103. Did Munson get hurt?

February 14, 2000
comments: Does anyone know the individual results from this weekends Wheeling Park vs John Marshall match?

February 14, 2000
comments: I would just like to make a comment that the South wrestler's aren't cocky...it's their fans. If you've noticed none of the wrestlers have been in here talking trash on any other school. I'm not saying that they don't always have a right to. Up until this past Wednesday they were undefeated. Hopefully the Fairmont Sr match was a good learning experience. I'll guess we'll know in 12 days!!! I wish everyone in the state the best of luck!

February 14, 2000
comments: in response to gate keeper. i don't know who you are but i know your from fairmont. have you ever heard of guys like evans or stanley at 125. and jonathon delligatti is a deep underdog now to win states. how bout 119 kevin johnson...try chris johnson. and i don't even know what you mean at 130 but if you're evern remotely implying that anthony delligatti will meet jim shetler in the finals your out of your mind. i think you need to think a little more before you go around voicing your opinions

February 14, 2000
comments: To BP I think your picks are a little off the wall. There are kids who will probley be in the state finals u left off. Yet you seem to favor Greenbrier West alot hmmm. I dont think you even seen half the kids u got on your list wrestle.

February 14, 2000
comments: Well we are now up to 3 "official state pee wee championships " located in Parkersburg Clarksburg and Belle. Heck let's keep all the dads happy and just declare everyone's kid a jr. state champ.

February 14, 2000

comments: I'v been reading about whose the best between Wood Co. and Marion Co. during the past 50 years and decided to research the results myself. First of all Marion Co. should be proud of thier wrestling history with teams like Fairmont West/East/Sr and Mannington (AA/A powerhouse in the late 70s). However not taking anything away from Marion Co. rich wrestling tradition the facts speak in favor of the Wood Co. schools. For instance the Fairmont High School's can boast 49 state champs North Marion has 18 and Mannington produced 4. Marion Co. state champs teams are as follows: Fairmont - 1 N. Marion - 1 and Mannington - 2. On the other hand the facts for Wood Co. are PHS - 112 state champs South - 47. The Big Reds won the state championship 17 times and South claim 10 titles. I can't leave out another Wood Co. school --Williamstown. Although tiny in comparison with PHS or South Williamstown has a rich wrestling tradition too. WHS won 2 state championships and can boast 33 state champs. Let's quit pitting Marion against Wood and let's look towards the future of wrestling in WV. Marion Co. stand up and be proud you have great teams and maybe in the next 20 years the pendelum may sway in your direction and the Wood Co. schools may someday become "have beens". And for Wood Co. enjoy your deep wrestling heritage because you have earned it.

February 14, 2000
comments: I have listened to many comment about region 1 being weak because there are only 7 teams in that region and how South would probably qualify their entire team because of this. Fact is South cannot qualify for every weight class because they have no 103#. Another fact is they could probably qualify just as many in any region as 8 are ranked in the top 4 in th state! They have 2 others ranked #6 and #7 in the state and their 275# just pinned the 5th ranked guy in the state.They will be hard pressed to qualify at 145 and 171.So saying they should qualify their entire team is not realistic. But I will go on record as saying they could qualify ust as many for state in any region ! Good luck to every school and wrestler in their region and in the state tourney.

February 14, 2000
comments: SOUTH Is by far the best team in wv .. sure thay lost a duel last week but thats really not a big deal.. What you people need to understand is that you dont win state championships with duel mat wins ...SOUTH PATRIOTS are a great teem you will see at Huntington..By the way if you are ever going to beat SOUTH it better be this year thay have a very young team and will be yery strong next year.... By the way if any of you people that are down on south dont know thay are going after there fifth state championship in the last six years ...

February 14, 2000
comments: south will dominate in state!! just be patient! I predict six state champs. We all know your much better than any Fairmont team. Show us how to preform. LETS GO SOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 14, 2000
comments: Congratulation to Mackenzie Peters of Williamstown who was named MVP of the Wood County Jr Championships this past weekend in Mineral Wells.

February 14, 2000
comments: to comments: Stevens got his bell rung at the TOP GUN when he shot into a knee which hit him in the temple and knocked him out pretty much ended the day after that.

February 14, 2000
comments: my son was a two time state champion in wv in 92 and 93 and we follow the wrestling in west virginia on the web site and really enjoy it. My question is do you post the pairings for each region for this weekend and if so tell me where to find them on the web. Will you do the same with the states for the following weekend. let me know thanks.
Editor's note: I doubt that we will be able to post the pairings for the regionals, but we will if we get them. We have often posted the seeds. As for the state tournament, we will post the pairings.

February 14, 2000
comments: I totally agree with you. Fairmont Senior is never trash talking on here nor Oak Glen. These two teams look to win states (yes I know all you south fans think you have a better team but just watch out)

February 14, 2000
email: BP comments for the forum
comments: I agree with the other guy. Yurkovich did beat Bell at The Calhoun Invitational and Saturday at Greenbrier West.

February 14, 2000
email: wv_aa@hotmail.com
comments: Sorry for the delay page is updated. Check out the regional preview on the weight class round -up page.
http://wvaa.homepage.com

February 14, 2000
comments: Another question....does anybody know who the 171lb. wrestler is who's ranked 8th (AAA) but with no school beside his name....His name is Gary Nicholson but I've never heard or seen anything on him all year...
Editor's note: Yikes, my error. He is from Roane County. Check the LKC results...

February 14, 2000
comments: Need info from anyone who knows what happened to Tennant from North Marion....he was at 171 all year now he dropped out of sight in their duals.....is he injured....did he lose his spot.....who is the replacement.....any info would be greatly appreciated.
Looks like he wrestled 2/10 vs FS

February 14, 2000
comments: My comments are about sportsmanship. Not of them wrastlers but of the parents. At a match earlier this season a parent from another team {I will not name anyone but you know who you are} said that our wrastlers are "Grizzled" [whatever they think that means]. I am sure that they mean it as a type of redneck or something. Come on people lets grow up a little O.K! maybe our kids are not what you think they should be or maybe you were mad because you are not even a decent match for us still there are no excuses. You know maybe we are "grizzled" down here but that's what makes our kids tough hard nosed wrestlers the best in the state at that. Thats what we are tough hardnosed "Grizzled" {whatever word you like} and proud of it too. But in two weeks you can call us state champions again!!!!

February 14, 2000
comments: i don't understand how u could say that south is a far better team then fairmont senior when we beat u head to head i think u need to watch wrestling a little longer before u start talking on here because when a team beats another team (i think every person in W.V. will agree with me) that means they are the better team (common sense) and u guys have to realize that U lost ITS OVER WITH the dual is over and i know you guys wish u could go back and change it but u can't the truth is i think u under estimated fairmont senior and they took it to u and fought harder and longer and it showed in the outcome. You shouldn't talk so much cause then when u lose its hard to come back with something to say and u did lose but u keep talkin like it didn't happen i don't mean any hard feelings im just speaking the the truth GOOD LUCK AT STATES

February 14, 2000
comments: Well there is alot of talk about Marion and Wood County Wrestling programs on the forum. However I must say that it is the fans from Wood County and not Marion County who seem to do all the "Trash talk" on the forum We here in Marion County take care of our business on the Mat. I will also say they same for Oak Glen they are not "Trash talkers and they take care of their business on the mat.

February 14, 2000
comments: GOOD LUCK to Michael and Matt Bosley!!! I can't wait till STATE. Won't it be great to see the two brothers both win their first high school state championship!! You boys deserve it!!!

February 14, 2000
comments: i would like to thnk the Hedgesville wrestling team for sending for showing great sportsmanship by sending my family flowers this weekend.

February 14, 2000
comments: the Oak Glen county is called Hancock. What about Wood county? I am pretty sure that they have there fair share as well.

February 14, 2000
comments: Congratulations to Troy Morrello for your Coalfield & BNI championships. Good Luck in the Regionals!!!!!!

February 14, 2000
comments: Hey South Girl... are you serious? The loss that Parkersburg South took last week doesn't matter??? I very much beg to differ. I agree...it will be hard to defeat South at the States look at the easy region they are in. I bet they send a wrestler for each class. But notice I did not say "impossible to beat"! Hey Fairmont Senior and Hedgesville one of you are the best team in the states in 99/2000 in AAA. No doubt about it! The real states are this weekend at East Fairmont's gymn! Doors open on Friday.

February 14, 2000
comments: To: informed person!
For your information...why wouldn't Wood County dominate the States? They have the best chance of getting each county wrestler to the states due to the way the regions are set up.

February 14, 2000
comments: Congratulations to Independence High School on their win over Braxton Co. High School. Wrestling the best competition over the course of the season has prepared your team to meet the test at the end of the season if you haven't been beaten somewhere along the line you haven't been to the right place yet. Good luck to all Raleigh Co. teams in the upcoming regional and state competition. Independence Shady Spring Liberty Raleigh and Woodrow Wilson rise to the occasion and reach your ultimate goals !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 14, 2000
comments: exuse me buddy but williamstown had mike mason come out of there program who went wv and wrestled and got 3rd in the ncaa tourney and got screwed in the semis on a call for stolling in the overtime ride out period untill marion and hancock and all of those countys have people like mike mason come out of there program they are not better than wood county

February 14, 2000
comments: TO BP FYI Yurkovich beat Bell at the NRVC and the Calhoun tourney but everyone is entitled to their opinion

February 14, 2000
Northern Garrett wins Maryland State Dual Meet see some comments and results.
http://go.to/allmarylandwrestlingforum

February 14, 2000
comments: Its hard enough for our boys to go out there and try to beat there opponent but when they have to also go out and to beat the ref. it gets pretty bad. As we seen this weekend. If you do one for one person you should do one for the other. I know its a hard job but sometimes things get out of hand. Don't you no that the parents and fans can see what team you want to win or person and I guess you don't think about how the other boy is going to feel losing when actually he did win but got cheated out. We just feel really sorry for any of the boys that go through this (but I guess that is Wrestling).

February 14, 2000
comments: Expected State Champions: 103-Johnathon Delligatti..I think it will come down to him and Easter from Nitro in the Finals
112-Alot of choices in this weight class....we have trent casto who has beaten sammi bonasso many times..but hten there is the number one kid who has only beaten bonasso by 4...look for this one to be a head turner.
119-Its been a crazy year for this weight class...but i think Kevin Johnson from Nitro will take this one this year.
125-Dustin Barnes......watch out for the legs
130-Parkersburg South will be waving its flag high that day. but all in all i think it will be between Hedgesville and the Bears(Fairmont Senior)

February 14, 2000
email: hayhurst@ruralnet.org
comments: in 1985 Dave Miller of Parkersburg South received the Most Outstanding Wrestler award not Ken Chertow from Huntington. I would like to remind wrestling fans of South he still holds numerous records. Dave only won the state twice but went undefeated his junior and senior year. He later went on to wrestle at WVU. Dave received a masters degree in enviromental engineering and a bachelors degree in civil engineering. He now resides and works for a firm in Columbus Ohio. South Fans remember "ITS MILLER TIME" when Dave and brother Pat wrestled one after another. There was some talk on the forum early this month about an all century team Dave would definitely be on it including Rich Underwood Brad Dornick Steve Bosley Darren Moore. Dave is passing on his knowledge of wrestling to others he is coaching a team in ohio as well as working with his nephew Jason. GO SOUTH...

February 14, 2000
Comments from a West Fairmont Fan; who ever commented on the West Fairmont wrestlers should have named them all in Marion county, I know of one they ommitted --Nick Hedrick, he was one of the best.------WAY TO GO WEST FAIRMONT.

February 14, 2000
comments: Congratulations to the Harpers Ferry wrestling team! You guys broke (I believe this is correct) the old state record for most wins in a season by a junior high team previously held by the 1998-99 Sherrard team that went 39-3 by posting a perfect 40-0 season! You guys did it by going on five overnight trips and traveling more than 3 000 miles to wrestle anyone we could find. #1 at Beckley Newspaper Invitational Duals #1 at Sherrard Duals #1 at McKinley Duals #1 at Buckhannon-Upshur Duals #1 at Spencer Duals #1 at Harpers Ferry Invitational! Every boy with at least one tournament championship! I have never seen such a line-up of heavy hitters from top to bottom. You guys proved yourselves as the best junior high team in the state this year by beating 30 different teams by an average score of better than 64-17! You were truly a dream team in a DREAM SEASON and you've made one old coach very very happy! 40-0! Wow! (Check out the updated Harpers Ferry home page!!)

February 14, 2000
comments: The 2 losses Stevens had are against who?

February 14, 2000
comments: I was reading the comment about how Fairmont could beat OG cause there 160 was out well our 160 already had beaten Cinalli at the Brooke Classic and OG was giving up a forfeit at 119 which gave FSH 6 points . Just face whether you like it or not OG is the best in the state.

February 14, 2000
comments: I doubt hedgesville could beat fairmont senior again. Ballam beat delligatti once this year not twice but when ballam placed 4th at the winners choice Delligatti won it. at 112 Bonasso pinned drappo the last time they wrestled so thats 3 more points. At 160 Cinalli lost to Everhart in the dual but he has beaten him twice in a row so thats 6 more points there. 189 A DIFFERENT STORY? The last time they wrestled Barber won the match 8-1. That is why Fairmont Senior would definately win if they wrestled again.February 14, 2000

comments: I think that you need to re due your rankings cause if you have magnone 1st then you need to rank hebrock of og a little higher cause this weekend he took magnone into double ot.....but lost on the ride out..nd to BP

February 14, 2000
email: citrus@ovis.net
comments: Parkersburg South Fans: I saw Don Scarr (remember him?) refereeing at the St. Albans Duals in Washington DC. He reminisced about the Millers Moores McCartney's and others. Ed Coss former assistant at Parkersburg Catholic who coaches at Wilson High School in DC was also there.

February 13, 2000
email: comments for the forum
comments: I like your way of thinking. Your predictions are closer to the way the states are going to be come finals. With of course a couple of exceptions. More people oughta think like you!!! GO BRAXTON COUNTY EAGLES!!!!!

February 13, 2000
comments: I would say that Marion county is jealous of Wood county. They know down in there hearts we are better and they can not deal with it cause they are insucre. They also talk like there is only 2 schools in Wood county. Do we forget MIKE MASON came from WILLIAMSTOWN not PHS or SOUTH which last i checked was a Wood county school. Marion can not compete with the state champs out off Wood county. There is just too Many good ones. Many times over what there was in Marion County or any county. How many guys from Marion county completed carries at WVU. I can say WOOD has had more. Just admit it WOOD is better. It doesnt mean that we will be in the futre but as far as the past we are number one. I am not saying Marion hasnt had there share of good wrestlers they have just in WOOD there is more and better!

February 13, 2000
comments: I was looking at the outstanding contributers page and noticed that David Drennen has not been added to the 3 time state champion page. I also noticed that Mike Miller has not been added to the 4 time state champion page. These are two very good wrestlers that deserve to have their names recognized. Thanks.
Editor's note: Yes, you are right. Thanks for calling that to my attention.

February 13, 2000
comments: I am a well informed guy and have been watching high school wrestling in the state of wv for the past 15 years. I have seen wrestlers from Mingo to Monroe county. I would have to say that the best wrestlers either come fromm Marion or the Oak Glen County. Those are two tough countys that every year produce many state champs.

February 13, 2000
comments: I think that Hedgesville would still beat Fairmont Sr. because Hedgesville beat them by 5 points with out there 103 but Ballam has beatin Delligatti 2 times and that just makes the match 3 points closer but still Hedgesville wins. I also think that the outcome of the 189 match would be a different story this time. That makes the point spread even bigger for Hedgesville. Also congrat's to Hedgesville for finishing the season 31-0 and I think that they are the number 1 dual team in the state.

February 13, 2000
comments: To BP: I think you need to look at your 135 weight class. What about Chris Leach from Grafton? Looks like you have Matt Jones there twice. Leach beat Jones at the Big 10 12-0 and the last I knew his record was 37-2.

February 13, 2000
comments: the history of wv high school wrestling resides in parkersburg. parkersburg the county seat of wood county has dominated secondary school wrestling in the mountain state since its inception. parkersburg's high schools have won 27 of 51 state titles...individual champions are again dominated by the wood countians with 156 individual champs. anybody who disputes this ignores the recorded facts!...many of you who write of marion county do not understand the history of the sport. i imagine you are young people who have stars in your eyes for your local wrestlers. so do your homework and practice harder..for wood county will dominate the state tourney again in 2000...and the next..and the next..etc..thank you!

February 13, 2000
comments: Best of Luck to Ravenswood High School Wrestlers!!!

February 13, 2000
comments: Congratulations Independence for you victory over Braxton Co. this thursday. You did it forfeiting 119. Good luck at regionals.

February 13, 2000
comments: Hey Region I...Any one of you guys want to come on over to Region II??? Didn't think so. The odds of you making it to the states would be cut in half. Give me a break...this system is not fair! These guys work to hard to be put in a situation where they have no control.

February 13, 2000
comments: who beat Zach Zubay (103) at the OVAC tournament?

February 13, 2000
comments: just wondering if andrew mcchesney wrestled this year for parkersbur south or not -

February 13, 2000
comments: I just want to say about the South vs. Fairmont match...yes they did win but none of that really matters there is still no way they can beat us at state we are far a better team then them. And about the Oak Glen beating them and people think they can beat us then why when we ask them to wrestle us they always turn us down every time. And I guess we will just see who the better team is at state in 2 weeks...even though everyone will know who it will be!

February 13, 2000
comments: I'm so teed off I don't even know if I can say this in a nice way. I'm really going to try. We attended a tri tonight that was unbelievable. The unsportsman like conduct was thick. Not just one wrestler on the team but two or three. I don't know what kind of morals our boys are being taught by being put in these situations and have enough respect to not fight back. The hard part about it the refs saw what was going on and did nothing. I've been around wrestling for a long long time and never encountered people like this. Notice no names but I'm sure they know who they are because we beat the socks off them and I'm also sure they know who the "NEW RIVER CONFERENCE CHAMPS" are too.

February 13, 2000
comments: i agree with the person that said marion is no 1 in county rankings but wood shou;d be no 2 but im not degrading hancock they're very tough too but marion is better in that wood has more state champions but the state champions that marion county has are in some cases unbelievable mike vianni johnny lamb mike joseph johnny jezero rashaan bates( i know wood county fans think that jason johnson is better cause he pinned bates at states but what happened every other time they wrestled bates almost major decesioned him earlier that yr the truth is bates was sick and my opinion is if he wasn't he would've done the same thing) joe naternacola aric and adam naternacola andy wilfong christopher neptune and ryan don and chris courtney dan bonasso mike besidich doug moore( 4 time state champion) adam gorby. these are all top quality wrestlers and in my opinion wood county wrestlers can't compete with these wrestlers. no hardfellings it would be very close but you guys compare! too many stats instead of quality wrestlers

February 13, 2000
Jeremy Hart (from Independence) is doing well, 25-2,
http://www.goasu.com/normal/display.php3?id=819

February 13, 2000
An Internet article from the Weston Democrat re Lewis County.
http://www.westondemocrat.com/Sports/Sports_NoShow.htm

February 13, 2000
comments: My comments are about the strongest county in wv thing sent in by that one feller. He rised some good points but I would have to say that Wood country is the best of the century. Marion county would be a close runnrs up second place. This year Marion is the strongest but it just aint right to put Wood in the third place there. we are 2nd but not for long. Big Reds FOREVER!!!!

February 13, 2000
comments: Info from Pitt/Clarion duel on 2/11
Pitt 33 Clarion 6
Zach Hasse of Pitt (Parkersburg South) claimed his third major decision and his first dual victory of the season 13-4 over Clarion's Mike Snyder at 125 pounds.

February 13, 2000
email: wpeters@access.k12.wv.us
comments: Can someone please help me understand what is happening with pee state wrestling. I understand the break that happened several years ago. You had the WV Youth States in Parkersburg and the other state that moved from location to location the last being in Wheeling. Now we have two "Youth Wrestling Championship of West Virginia" one in Clarksburg the other in Belle WV. Both are on the same date.... will the real Youth Championship of WV please stand up. How many championship must be won before we can unify the title.
Editor's note: I sorta had the same question.

February 13, 2000
comments: Congratulations to Fairmont Sr. for their against South in their recent dual match in Fairmont. I was unable to attend but understand there were some exciting matches and a few "upsets". I(I really don't like that word because on any given night...)I guess one of the turning matches was the Dotts/McCartney match.Being a South fan since the school became a high school in 1968 I hope this reminds the South team that no individual or team can rest on past accomplishments and that it serves to "light a fire" in their efforts. Being a true high school wrestling fan I sincerely say "congrats" to FSHS and I really look forward to another battle at states in 2 wks.

February 13, 2000
comments: Greenbrier west may do better than expected at regionals so dont count them out yet.there seniors simms morrello and callison are all going for the gold. Along with the help of there underclassman like bell thornton morrello sykes flook and bowes all are ex cellent wrestlers and may still have a few tricks left up there sleeves. Expect Simms Morrello and Callison to turn in an outstanding state tou rnament performace. these three will more than likely clash heads with independences brown sexton and moyer in the regional finals.

February 13, 2000
comments: I dont think Fairmont Senior gets enough credit. Yes they lost to Oak Glen and Hedgesville in a dual but they had there #2 103 pounder out for the dual against hedgeville which could have determined it. For oak glen Fairmont was without there 160 pounder Matt Cinalli. Both were very close duals and having a whole team ithink Fairmont Could have won. They showed when having a full team in wednesday nights match vs Parkersburg South they can do alot of damage when healthy. Good Luck to Fairmont senior in there region this comming weekend.

February 13, 2000
comments: I would like to wish the CCHS wrestlers good luck at the regionals coming up the 19. I know that the team has the talent and potential to get it done. I haven't been around to watch any matches this year but I've been keeping up on this team and as a former wrestler at CCHS I know that Coach Stump will have the team ready and that the wrestlers will want it. So good luke CCHS and you never know I might be in for the regionals.
CCHS 1999-2000 REGION CHAMPS!!! Bring it home !!!!!!!!

February 13, 2000
comments: To all of south's wrestlers. Listen don't let last weeks loss over fairmont senior get you down. Everyone has a bad night. I and I'm sure every other SOUTH fan have all the faith in the world that you guys are truely the best. All that really matters is who pulls through when the state tournament roles around. I know that will be all of you. Keep your heads high work hard and GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 13, 2000
email: citrus@ovis.net

comments: to Mr. Everhart and Editor: my email address as posted on the hyperlink. Did you get my email?
How 'bout that Robert Kimball from St. Marys. What an effort at LKC. Williamstown must have done a great job running the tourney (according to Matlines). Congrats Briz on your season!!
Editor's note: I got your email. Don't know why the first email link didn't work, except that the "C" was capitalized. Perhaps some servers have case sensitive email addresses.

February 13, 2000
comments: Congrats to Fairmont Senior for a 2nd big win in a row 45-9 over North Marion way to go!

February 13, 2000
All I can say is wow. What a web page for wrestling enthusiast. You have really impressed me. I am from IN and could not get to the Indiana link or the Dan Gable link but rest assured I will be back. VERY IMPRESSIVE

February 13, 2000

103                112              119
 ZUBAY                GANDEE           MCARTNEY
MOORIS               PRATER            MORRELLO
HOSEY                AUVIL             KOTSON
BLAKE                BELL              SEXTON
BIDDLE               YURKOVICH         HADDOX
DYE                  LOBIS             STILES

125                130               135
JOHNSON              HAYHURST         CROSS
WENMOTH              KUPHER           LOWERS
HARRIS               WESTBROOK        JONES
HUNLEY               LYNCH           WESTBROOK
ECKELBERRY           LEACH            JONES
HUGHES               NOEL              

140               145                152
GLASS              POOLE            LITTON
PRATHER            SCHIDLER         HOLDSWORTH
WOOD               HUGHES           SMITH
ZYLA               KESNER           LIVLEY
BOSLEY             BOGGS            HALL
ANDERSON                            JUSTICE

160             171                189 
 HARDAWAY         NESTER            MOYER
 SIMS             BARNETT           CALLISON
 BROWN            STOTLER           BELLIVILLE
 STICKELS         KIMBALL           DELABREAU
 ONEIL            BUTLER             HART 

215                    275 
 SIX                    TAYLOR
 PUGH                   NAYLOR
 KINKAID                LAUGLIN
 BUSK                   RITTER
 MCKINNEY               OLIVER
 RABAN                   CAUGHY,BOWES

February 13, 2000
email: sullivj2@oak.cats.ohiou.edu
comments: My apologies to the statistician who found the scoring error at the LKC tournament. The fact was relayed to me by the official scorekeeper who probably was unaware that the error was noticed by someone else.

February 13, 2000
comments: To: fan
Stanley had the flu

Current forum and index
Return to the WV-Mat front page