West Virginia High
School Wrestling

West Virginia Wrestling -- January 2004 Forum (Part Two)

Questions and comments welcome!

If you have some bit of West Virginia wrestling information to share, or a question or comment, here is the place.
Let's keep the discourse positive!
(Note: Flames, trash talk, and other items deemed inappropriate will not be posted).

To submit an item for the forum, click here to go to the forum submission page.

Current forum and index
Return to the WV-Mat front page

January 17, 2004
comments: what all teams are in the wsaz this year

January 17, 2004
comments: Mark Samples is the best ive ever seen.

January 17, 2004
comments: to WV MATMAN
119 1st Turnbull-- With ease....
2nd Riner-- Beat NEAL from Shady one of the best.
3rd Hays

Watch out for Humphrey at 119, he is healthy this year.

January 17, 2004
comments: How about 4X State Champion R.C. Anderson from Cameron? He and Chad Burge 3X State Champion were two of the best I say. If you go strictly by HS, you can't argue with the results.

January 17, 2004
comments: I have watched almost every match of South over the past 2 years and most of PHS. I travel to the Ironman, local high schools, HUNTINGTON STATE TOURN, WSAZ, MSAC,etc and pretty much can tell you how the SOUTH VS PHS match should turn out. This is just to set the record staight.
103--  Stilgenbaugher  vs  Kellar    PHS 3
112--  Ewing??         vs  Townsend  PHS 3 if Ewing wrestles or 
                                     South 3 or 6 (FFT)
119--  Hayes  vs   McCray            PHS 3
125--  Shyver vs   Kelley            PHS 3
130--  Rader  vs   Dunn              PHS 6
135--  Ice  vs Porter                South 3
140--  Bailey  vs  Shaun Smith       South 6
145--  Litton  vs  OCotto            PHS 3
152--  Dowler/Chichester  vs  Smith  South 6
160--  Combs/ Chichester  vs  Norman South 6
171--  Myers/  Combs   vs  Walters   South 6
189--  Lindamood  vs Radcliffe       PHS  3
215--  Thomas vs Davis               PHS 6
HWT--  Dearman vs Dorton             PHS 6
PHS 36 vs 27 or 33 vs 33 (Determines if Ewing wresltes at 112). To make a long story short PHS has the lite weights and Heavy weights and South has the middle weights. Can South pull off some upsets at 103,112, or Even 145 (never underestimate FELIX)? You betcha I will be there to watch and find out. Wouldn't miss it for the world!!!! South could switch there line up to get a better matchup(Move walters to 189, Monday in at 160, Norman 171) and you could see a upset in the making. They might upset the Big Reds as the normal lineup is now. Let's see Wednesday night!!!! GOOD LUCK TO EVERY ONE!

January 17, 2004
comments: Mr. Wrestling III raised a good question (any question beats the endless speculation over whether McCartney and Schenny will switch lineups--I hope they pencil in Ratteaser versus Mad Max as an exhibition).

Back to III's question: I don't know the answer but if we are looking at HIGH SCHOOL only, then chuck woolerie is wrong with his #4 vs #15. Both were great high school wrestlers but look at head to head results and tell me who was better--there is a reason that #4 has a 2x by his name, namely because your #15 (3x) beat him. If we are talking about career (high school & beyond) then your #4 should arguably be ranked higher (maybe #1).

I forgot about Rich Greathouse when I was making my own list--he was a darn good high school wrestler and deserves to be mentioned in that same great group of HIGH SCHOOL wrestlers.

January 17, 2004
comments:
i think this is the top 6 102s they r in no order!
1.Joey Maldonado
2.Mackenzie Peters
3.Derek Mitchell
4.Anderw church
5.Jake Justice
6.Aaron Hinzman

January 17, 2004
comments: Anybody have any AAA state predictions from 152 up?

January 17, 2004
comments: Wanted to take a second and congratulate Point Pleasant Middle School Wrestlers and Coach David Darst,Coach Colandros, and Coach Clements for Outstanding performances this year! We've seen some great matches thru this year already, and we appreciate you guys making our program "a class act!" We've got some of the best wrestling in the country right here in West Virginia! Thanks to ALL of the programs here in the state! Everybody keep up the good work! I am proud to be a part of West Virginia Wrestling! Go Point Pleasant Middle School! Good Luck at WSAZ's next week!

January 17, 2004
comments: I would say greatest high school wrestler in WV, would be determined by how a wrestler did in WV during his 3 or 4 years in HS. Moore, Mason, Easter, Rexroad, Stevens,and Etc were all great 3 and 4x champs. But none of these wrestlers dominated the state like Gary Tuttle did. Right now i think we are fortunate because if you follow HS wrestling you would know we have a couple wrestlers competing for the right to be "the best ever in WV." neither one of the wrestlers i am talking about have ever lost a match to a wrestler in WV. And never will either.

January 16, 2004
email: ken@kenchertow.com
comments: Figuring out who was the best of the best in high school over time is very difficult and there will always be many opinions...

This being said, I believe "WV mat man" is on target with his thoughts below. I saw all three of these boys - Mike Mason, Mark Samples, and Matt Easter - grow up at my camps annually and more, and I saw them develop into the most dominating WV Wrestlers I have seen, not only at State Level but at National Level as well. I took Mike and Mark to HS Nationals and they both did great!

January 16, 2004
comments: WV Mat Man three great choices but I said HIGH SCHOOL after that doesnt count because if so then its Merrill from PHS Bronze medalist in like 48 or somewhere around there in the Olympics,Chertow( unless he was wrestling an Underwood) also an Olympian( I think) and Greg Pettit from Parkersburg a Medalist(I think gold maybe bronze) in the Deaf Olympics

January 16, 2004
comments: Best wrestler in the state of WV ever comment: In addition to Easter, Mason and Samples... How about Doug Moore, 4X state champ from North Marion I believe. It is also tough to leave out some of the old school PHS wrestlers...Rexroad, Higgins, Tuttle, Fleming, Koreski, I could go on for a while. And I won't mention a certain wrestler who is currently still in High School.

January 16, 2004
comments: I vote Ken Chertow for the best WV wreslter.

January 16, 2004
comments: The best wrestler ever -
#1 Mike Mason 3x (williamstown)
#2 Matt Easter 4x (nitro)
#3 Mitch Smith* 2x (ripley)
#4 Ken Chertow 2x (huntington)
#5 Matt Ashley 4x (spencer)
#6 Doug Moore 4x (north marion)
#7 Doug Rexroad 3x (phs)
#8 Mike Miller 4x (wirt)
#9 Todd Kendall 4X (spencer)
#10 Jason Johnson 3x (south)
#11 Rich Greathouse 4x (spencer)
#12 Brad Dornick 3x (south)
#13 Matt Deem 3x (phs)
#14 Rich Cokeley 3x (harrisville)
#15 Rich Underwood 3x (south)
* Still wrestling - could move up still!

January 16, 2004
comments: Congratulations Jeff Pettit of Cameron on your HUGE win over Dustin Bartrug of St.Marys! Stay hungry and you can be in the money come February!!!

January 16, 2004
comments: OK here is some real predictions..

AAA

1st GREEN- Alot of people probably has'nt seen this kid wrestle he is the real deal.
2nd PHALEN- looking real good this year
3rd KNAPTON

1st EASTER- Was there ever a doubt
2nd Ewing- Makes weight and finishes a close 2nd
3rd Rush

1st Turnbull-- With ease....
2nd Riner-- Beat NEAL from Shady one of the best.
3rd Hays

125 1st Shyver
130 1st Rader
135 1st Guistenes
140 1st Smith
1st Litton-- He's Due
2nd Osuna-Cotta
3rd Wilson-- Sleeper
The rest will come later..

In Reply to the best ever WV High scholl wrestler
#1 Mike Mason 3X State Champ 2X NCAA All American 7th as JR 3rd as SR
#2 Mark Samples State Champ NCAA All American 7th as SR
#3 Matt Easter 4X State Champ Prob Future NCAA All American.
WHAT DO YOU THINK???????

January 16, 2004
comments: wrestlewhatyouweigh, I really don't think that there are any coaches that are letting wrestlers wrestle a weight that they are not allowed. I am positive this stuff is checked at sometime. Each coach has his wrestlers weight cert. Also how do you bend a rule? It's either broken or it is legal. No bend.

January 16, 2004
comments: I think this week at Winners choice there is going to be one particular weight class to look at. There is alot of talent and anyone can win. The top 6 placers in alphebetical order will be: Bonecutter, Cambell, Connor, Demastes, Elder, Wilson. After getting to see Cambell vs. Demastes wrestle, I am looking for a nother exciting match up. Good luck to all the wrestlers!

January 16, 2004
comments: Does anyone know why Turnbull doesn't wrestle all of University's matches. He wrestled against John Marshall but not Morgantown.

January 16, 2004
comments: Mr. Wollerie, Micah Gerasmovich has been wrestling at 135 for the last several weeks.

January 16, 2004
comments: In regards to the weight certification issue...a doctor is supposed to come in during december and certify each wrestler at a specific weight that the wrestler can cut to without serious risk. If a wrestler is certified at 148, he cannot wrestle 145 or any class lower than that. If a wrestler chooses to jump up more than one weight class, he cannot go back down two weight classes, like say a person wrestling 140 can never wrestle 130. Also each wrestler must have more than half their matches at the weight class they weigh in for at the regional tournament. I would strongly encourage any coaches who are thinking about bending this rule to stop! It's against SSAC rules and puts the health of the wrestler at risk. This is an honorable sport...not a how to be anorexic sport.

January 16, 2004
comments: Cameron 56 Tyler 21, see results here:
http://www.ovaecwrestling.com/dual_results1.htm

January 16, 2004
comments: where is the winners choice hosted and what time does it start?
Editor's note: Check the tournament itenerary on the front page. Its at the Fairmont Armory. As set of directions to the Armory is on the Fairmont Senior Team page.

January 16, 2004
comments: I have watched both miller and moffat wrestle a few time this year and i think that miller will win if him and moffat face eachother at states.....

January 16, 2004
comments: I think the state could host an all-star match the friday after states at Parkersburg South. That is where the Jr. State tournament holds their Friday night weigh-ins. It doesn't necessarily have to be AA vs. AAA. Any line-ups would do. I think the BACF committee in Parkersburg should look into this since they already do a Football and Basketball All-Stars.

January 16, 2004
comments: Now that weights are pretty set for the south/phs dual....heres my prediciton
103-phs 3
112-phs 6
119-phs 6
125-phs 4
130-phs 6
135-south 3
140-south 6
145-phs 3
152-south 6
160-south 6
171-south 6
189-phs 3
215-phs 6
hwt-phs 6
PHS 45 South 27

January 16, 2004
comments: chuck wollerie- elder will place higher than 4th, I think he'll win it or get runner up

January 16, 2004
comments: To Inside Info...
Phalen did NOT beat Knapton last year. Knapton was undefeated last year as an 8th grader and then won Parkersburg Jr. States. Might I suggest that people check their facts before they spout off in this forum.

Then again, if they did it wouldn't be so much fun to read. What do you think Doc?
Editor's note: As I indicated a few days ago, readers are advised to react to information here at their own peril.

January 15, 2004
comments: What was the results of Cameron vs. Tyler?

January 15, 2004
comments: Winner's Choice looks to be the place to be this weekend....weight classes to watch ..... #1 145 - its loaded - Campbell, Tyler Wilson, Ryan Elder, Dave Bonecutter, Brandon Dye, Demastes, R. Connor, J. Wince and many others! Also, 140 looks tough ...... Mitch Smith, Matt Dye, Anthony DiMarco, Mike Barbour, and Micah Gerasimovich. These are two classes to watch.

My predictions - (before seed meeting)

140) 1. Smith 2. Gerasimovich 3. Dye 4. Barbour 5. Dimarco 6. Everhart 7. ? 8. ?
145) 1. Campbell 2. Connor 3. Elder 4. Bonecutter 5. Wilson 6. Wince 7. Dye 8. Demastes

Both should be great classes to watch....Good Luck to all.

January 15, 2004
comments: Who regulates the Certified Weight thing? What would stop a wrestler from showing up at a match and weighing in at a lower weight than he was certified for? What happens if he is sick for a while and lost weight, can he be recertified? How does it work.
Editor's note: I don't know. However, rest assured there are coaches out there who keep a close eye on such things....

January 15, 2004
comments: To whoever said that Ewing couldn't wrestle 112 for some ssac rule. Well guess what, he must be breaking the rule because he wrestled 112 in the tri last night!! Good news for PHS, bad news for the rest of the 112 pounders in the state. I think the south side is gettin a lil nervous now!! Also congrats to litton for bumping up to 52 instead of taking the forfeit at 45 and facing some good talent in moore from EF. And to dearman for his pin over valentine.

January 15, 2004
comments: hey this is a eastern panhandle fan an here are some good match ups that we will be seeing here pretty soon
103 colton gustines and dustin haislip i know they already wrestled but its always a good match up
112 scott chapman and joe shetler both are good this year
119 zimmerman and barret althogh barret will crush zimmerman
125 zane carrol and steve miller
130 jon smith and josh grim
135 we already know there is no good match here ecept cody killen someone
140mike barbour and clint kees barbour will win
145 robert conner and bret manus
152 gustines and foltz
160quin and lancaster
171hedesville
189 the dude from hedesville has this covered
215 hedisville
275 mussleman

January 15, 2004
comments: Seth Phalen beat Knapton last year, and pinned Graley in Junior High.

January 15, 2004
comments: It is to my knowledge that moore was a senior last year and i am not sure about the other young man. maybe someone else can help us out.

January 15, 2004
comments: hey doc! are there gonna be individual rankings or polls out soon? are u all going to even do them this year? keep up the great work the site rocks and the forum is awesome. good luck to all the wrestlers keep up the hard work states is just around the corner.
Editor's note: Perhaps in a couple of weeks or so.

January 15, 2004
comments: Who is the best HIGH SCHOOL wrestler in WV history? My pick is either Gary Tuttle or Jay Michaels. Lets here what youns think.

January 15, 2004
comments: The wed. after the state tournament, we can have a Clash of Champions where all the AAA champs take on the AA/A champs. Hold it at the Parkersburg Memorial Fieldhouse since it seats the most. good idea yes or no? Not gonna happen but its fun to think about.

January 15, 2004
comments: When does the SOUTH/phs dual start?,,thanks,, anyone

January 15, 2004
comments: Looking ahead to next weeks dual between PHS and christiansburg, VA. Brandon Rader will square off against 3 time state champ B.J. Compton. Should be a great match.

January 15, 2004
comments: doc, read about you being a state champ in PA. Did you place any other years? what was the score of your finals match? just curious
Editor's note: Hmmmm, I often get the feeling that readers may be confused by the multiplicity of docs associated with this website.

Dr. Bill Welker, Ed. D., WVSSAC rules interpreter, official, who writes Mat Thoughts for this site as well as "Making the Call" was a PA state champ now living in the Wheeling environs.

Yours truly Dr. Timothy Miller, M.D., who otherwise edits and operates this website, wrestled some for Spencer and Calhoun years ago and accomplished little more in his wrestling career than inspecting most of the gymnasium ceilings in the LKC, and now operates his computer from Kingwood.

January 15, 2004
comments: what happened to moore and bennett from berkley springs?

January 15, 2004
comments: Hey Doc, no disrespect, but why do you even bother posting my message if you're goin to delete my name and half my post? I'm tired of all the trash talking not just against me, but for me as well.

Editor's note: That's a fair question and I'll have a go at answering it. I posted your message so you'll know it was received. I deleted your name, because I have no way of knowing if it really came from you. It could have come from someone using your name, trying to cause trouble or get further in your head. People have tried that before. I regret any discomfort you may have as a result of what is written in the forum. If the post came from someone other than yourself, I did the right thing. If the post really came from you, I was trying to do you a favor. I recommend that wrestlers not respond to stuff on this forum. I stand advised of your feelings on the matter.

January 15, 2004
comments: yes james moffatt is wrestling 112 the rest of the season. he only wrestled one tournament at 119 so he could get some quality matches in. thank you.

January 15, 2004
comments: any predictions for AA in the 125-140# range, looks like some tough kids in the mix in these wieghts. kinda curious to see some more predictions for AA especially in the middle wieghts

January 15, 2004
comments: Can anyone tell me the schedule for the WSAZ tourny? I'd like to know starting times for sessions on Friday and Saturday.
Thanks, Fan234

January 15, 2004
comments: to anyone who would know...please reply to this post. when do wrestlers start getting a 2lb allowance. will they get it on the first day of the braxton county tournament??? Im sorry i havent wrestled since the end of december and i havent been able to get a clear answer

January 15, 2004
comments: I think that everyone is majorly messing up their predictions for 145 AA. If any of you were at the Cameron tournament this past weekend, Casey Hughes dropped to 145 and went to the finals only to find Todd Duryea from Grafton, which to his surprise, gave him a great match, Todd only lost to him 10-2. Although the score might not sound good, there arent many people that can say they only got beat by Casey Hughes by such a small margin. Todd is 18-2 as of now, with the only 2 losses coming from Hines of Braxton, and Hughes of Cameron.... If I had to make a prediction, I'd be predicting a top 4 place coming from him in states, so rethink your predictions on 145, just look at the facts for once. thanks, good luck this year Todd, your an awesome wrestler...

January 14, 2004
comments: Predictions for Heavyweights in AA/A division:
1. Freda(Lewis County)
2. Fegal(Weir High)
3. Manning(Cameron High)
4. Wiseman
5. Crookshanks(Greenebrier West)
6. McKeaver(Tyler Consolidated)

Definitely have to go with the champion, but haven't heard much about him yet. As for Manning and Fegal, Fegal had Manning all year last year, but most of the time because Fegal won the toss and got to score first. But have to put him above Manning for that and he has more criteria on the year so far. McKeaver is a capable heavyweight who has qualified once his sophmore year, didn't wrestle last year because of injury. Wiseman is likely but haven't seen much on him either. 2nd and third could be anyone's match, but can someone beat Freda?

January 14, 2004
comments: Predictions for Region 2 AA/A

January 14, 2004
comments: hey AAA guru, lets hear some predictions for region 3 in AAA. individual and team predictions.

January 14, 2004
comments: Comment: To It's a sure thing
Your picks don't look to bad. I think that you need to re-evaluate 103, Haislip will win and I really think you are way off at 135, Gustines will be on top, no doubt. Shaw is dropping to 135? And by the way they have wrestled each other before.

January 14, 2004
comments: This weekend got to the WINNNERS CHOICE Tournment. The 103 class will be the one to watch. Seht Phalen from Ripley it showing to be one of the toughest in the state. So is Knapton from EF. That will probably be the finals match. Who do we think will be the top team in the tournment. Im thinking Ripley will be up there. They could possibly place 8 guys, maybe 9 with there 152 back from injury. What do u guys think.

January 14, 2004
email: sullivj2@ohio.edu
comments: To past_wrestler: Here are the teams that are scheduled to be in the Braxton Pizza Hut Big 16 this weekend:

Braxton
Bridgeport
Calhoun County
Clay County
Fayetteville
Frankfort
Grafton
Greenbrier West
Herbert Hoover
Independence
Liberty Raleigh
Midland Trail
Nicholas County
Petersburg
Ravenswood
Richwood
Roane County
Shady Spring
South Harrison
St. Albans
Webster County
Winfield

January 14, 2004
comments: Amateur Wrestling News top 40. Parkersburg High at number 17. Keep up the good work.

January 14, 2004
comments: what does everybody think about Lodge getting thin win at nitro and the outstanding wrestler award me i think that we will be seeing alot morer from him this year maybe even a state victory this week him and Rader are matching up we will just have to see what happens from there since he did beet the boy from calhoun that was 110 and 1
Editor's note: I'm confused. I had a report that McCarty from Lewis was runner-up. Can someone alleviate my confusion????

January 14, 2004
comments: Panhandle Fan, I believe that many people do judge our state as somehow subpar. We all know how strong wrestling is in Ohio, for example, although some of the schools along the river are relatively weak. Parts of VA and KY are not that strong either. The same holds true for many other areas. A good WV AA school could go down to most parts of FL and clean house. I do think that some people assume that out-of-state competition must be ahead of us here in WV, but it's not reality.

January 14, 2004
comments: josh workman 112 of midlandtrail is 21-1 not 21-11

January 14, 2004
comments: I have read and read and read that no one can beat Oak Glen ... ever. So it must be true. Therefore there is no need of woofing anymore.

January 14, 2004
comments: What about Tracewell from Williamstown and Cremeans from Midland at 171...or throw Walters into the mix.

January 14, 2004
comments: Mr.AA, I think Williamstown could place 2nd in the state, maybe get real close to oak glen if they had a full roster. They have 6 of the 7 they took to state back, and i'll include flowers and johnson to go to state as well. So that makes 8 going. I see all of them placing to with smith and tracewell, and elder winning state.

January 14, 2004
comments: 103 - Robert Rash
112 -
119 -
125 - Derek Scarbro
130 -
135 -
140 -
145 - Matt Stewart
152 -
160 -
171 -
189 - Robert Ward
275 -
You guys fill in the rest
i wasn't sure what neal was wrestlign so i didn't put him in and i also wasn't sure about anthony harvey

January 14, 2004
comments: To Mr. AA
you have roane ranked and indpendence beat them?

January 14, 2004
comments: Good luck this weekend Jobey Knapton .. l <3 u ur sis Jess!!

January 13, 2004
comments: I appreciate all the attention I am getting, but I don't like where all this is going, and I'd appreciate if we could end this discussion about who I can and can't beat....

January 13, 2004
comments: Could anyone put the scores of the championship matches up for the nitro tourny? thanks

January 13, 2004
comments: who all will be wrestling in the big 16 at braxton this weekend?

January 13, 2004
comments: Teams
1.Oak Glen
2.Williamstown
3.Calhoun
4.Cameron
5.Shady Springs
6.Roane
7.Braxton
8.Greenbrier West
9.Wirt
10.Berekley Springs

I think that Oak Glen is going to be tested like they were in 02 but instead of just Calhoun i think Calhoun and Williamstown have a chance to knock the king off. As for 6-10 it was hard to put them in slot Point Pleasant has a chance to be in there too. Good luck to all and have fun!

January 13, 2004
comments: Let's here some predictions on HWT in AA/A Region 2

January 13, 2004
comments: The WSAZ and Winners Choice tournys will give fans a better outlook of how the state is going to turn out. some head to head matches will give fans more knowledge with their predictions. Anyways, after the WSAZ and WC I looked at south's and P-burgs schedules for good dual matches. So here are the duals and what matches to watch.
South vs.PHS-the whole thing will be exciting!!!
South vs. University-Osuna cotto vs. campbell 145
South vs.North Marion- shumate vs kelly 125
South vs. John marshall-richey vs osuna cotto 145, adkins vs smith 152, ewing vs radcliffe 189
PHS vs.WP-tominack vs. lindamood
PHS vs.Brooke-rader vs durbin 130, smith vs hayes 119, shyver vs mcfarland 125,
PHS vs.Williamstown. Flowers vs stilgenbauer 103, biddle vs. shyver 125, litton vs elder 145, lauderman vs lindamood 189
PHS vs.University- hayes vs. turnbull 119, rader vs. brewster 130, litton vs. campbell 145.

January 13, 2004
comments: is moffatt from winfield wrestling 112 the rest of the year

January 13, 2004
comments: Your 2004 state AAA Champions are:
103 Knapton
112 Easter
119 Turnbull
125 Shyver
130 Rader
135 Shaw
140 M Smith
145 Litton
152 S Smith
160 Norman
171 Walters
189 tominack
215 Thomas
275 Dearman
OW Thomas
Nothing to surprising, but that is how it will end up.

January 13, 2004
comments: Will we see a "new" updated Jr. High/ Middle School poll this week? After this past weekend Edison should be the new # 1!!!

January 13, 2004
comments: Just a side note on AAA wrestling teams. Anyone heard of Buckhannon-Upshur?! They are coming off a 2nd place outing in a 16 team torney in Lexington, KY where they knocked off some very good teams from all over KY. They lost to a AAAAAA returning state championship team from AL by 2 points in a dual match up the night before. By the way they gave up like three weight classes in that dual as forfiets. Go ahead and forget about BU.....they like being underdogs. But look out they might just take a bite out of you when you are not looking!

January 13, 2004
comments: This comment is NOT in any way to detract from Parkersburg South or question the quality of its opponents at the Virginia Duals. It is but a passing question: Why when we see teams from states other than WV do we assume they must be of high caliber and thus a "great victory"? The same thing applies in football. Do we judge our own state subpar, or do you suppose it is a phenomena in the other 49?

January 13, 2004
comments: Seth Phalen 103 - Ripley is 28-0 and Bobby Cooper 125 - Ripley is 28-0 also.

January 13, 2004
comments: Dont expect Oak Hill to do much damage at states this year but watch out for the next couple of years. Oak Hill is very young but very promising. There are only 2 seniors and the rest of the wrestlers are sophmores and freshman with 2 freshman leading the way with 14-2 (Frankie Treadway) 171 and 13-2 (Ryan Fell) 152. A learning year for the devils this year but watch out in the future!

January 13, 2004
comments: could someone post the location and directions to the WSAZ tourny...thank you

January 13, 2004
comments: The 2 parkersburg teams I think will be on top for the next 3 or 4 or 5 years. The B teams for both schools, PHS took 10, South took 9 and both teams did well.Ryan Ewing and Nick Munday are going to be big assets to those teams next year.Definitely state placers. Ewing MD'ing a AA state champ, and munday hung in there with shane and not many guys can say that. And PHS's HWT might be a good one next year to when dearman graduates. So look out for the young guys coming up for both schools.

January 13, 2004
comments: THANKS FOR THE RESULTS, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK
Editor's note: While we are on the subject, we have received and posted results from Jefferson, Nitro, and got results from Jackson County yesterday.

Without fail, after every tournament, we get floods of posts from fans who are anxious to see results. I usually don't post them all, because it gets redundant, and I don't want to add to the stress of tournament directors who are trying to dig out from under a just completed tournament. However, lest there is a tournament director who may not be aware of this, there IS a great deal of interest throughout the state in seeing results of matches, particularly the major tournaments, including middle school and youth. Thanks to those who send them in.

To fans, I suggest be patient. Those who have run tournaments (I've conducted a few youth tournaments and a few HS tournaments) know that when the tournament is over there is a ton of work to be done. Clean the gym, clean the restrooms, haul the mats back to wherever they came from, clean up the hospitality room, put the equipment back, and on and on. I know that right after a tournament getting to the computer to submit results is not the top priority.

Again, thanx to all those who submit results. This website is nothing without match/tournament results. The only thing that really matters in this sport is what happens on the mat.

January 13, 2004
comments: I don't believe Oak Glen will be knocked off the top in AA/A for some years. Cameron has a fine team along with Williamstown but they will come nowhere close to Oak Glen once again. Oak Glen is a team of all-stars and new faces looking for their turn to shine. Good luck to all teams. Go bears.

January 13, 2004
comments: predictions for soem light weights in AAA??? who is all undefeated i know of green 103 17-0 ,rush 112 22-0 and humphrey 119 22-0 any more???

January 13, 2004
comments: To "been there, done that"...I have heard many parent's whose children wrestle in this weight class say they will not take them to the state tournament if something is not done to divide the weight class. Do you have any other suggestions on this matter?

January 13, 2004
comments: Mark de toro: the WSAZ tournament is the 23rd and 4th i believe and it will have some of the best in state competition there. p. south, huntington, ripley, williamstown, nitro ect. And if you want to see the 2 best teams wrestle a dual, then come to memorial fieldhouse on jan 21. and see p.south vs. PHS.

January 13, 2004
January 13, 2004
comments: Can anyone give me any feedback from the JIT this past weekend. Was it tough or weak? Who shined out the most? Who were the best teams there? Best matches? Etc... Thanks

comments: Can someone post the score of gustine and foltz match at the jefferson.
Editor's note: All Jefferson results posted.

January 13, 2004
comments: About interesting match-ups at WSAZ, Micheal Cremeans(171) from Cabell Midland is still undefeated and it'll be good seeing him against Tracewell or Walters somewhere in the tourny. Adam Moye also just had his best showing at Nitro at 160, and we may see him breakthrough again. SPROUT

January 13, 2004
comments: hey how ya doin??
phs wrestles north marion and east fairmont this wednesday 7pm at north marion
Editor's note: I have received this info from several forum readers, and, as with anything else you read on this forum, react to this info at your own peril....

January 13, 2004
comments: WOW ! It would seem that AAA 145 may be the toughest class in the state this season. Here are some of the studs.
1. Chance Litton-Runner up at 130 last year.3rd 119 year before.
2. Dustin Richey-State Champ 145 last year.
3. Felix Osuna-Cotto- 4th at 112 last year. 4th at 103 year before.
4. David Campbell-Runner up 135 last year.
5. Chad Nelson-6th at 135 last year.
6. Robert Conner-6th at 119 last year.
7. Tyler Wilson-State Qualifier at 140 last year.
8. Brandon Demastes-State Qualifier at 140 last year.

January 13, 2004
comments: does anyone know how cremeans from cabell midland did this past weekend at nitro? if could please let me know i would appreciate it. thanx
Editor's note: Nitro results posted this AM.

January 12, 2004
comments: Where are the good tournaments this weekend? Just curious, I am from Florida and I don't know much about WV wrestling. Just tell me where the top wrestling will be.

January 12, 2004
comments: All this complaining about the youth states.... People have been complaining about this event for years, and they still keep faithfully attending year after year by the droves. You can gripe all you want, but you vote with your feet.

January 12, 2004
comments: The WSAZ tourny is coming up and here are some possible matches i will be looking forward to seeing.
103-phalen, fraley, knapton
140-mitch smith, shaun smith
145 osuna cotto, elder
160 shane smith, norman
171 walters, tracewell
there will be alot of great matches, anyone got any input on guys to watch or possible good matches?

January 12, 2004
comments: ppl are asking about the jci's scores n results.... well the 103 champion was seth phalen who defeated rash, good match, junior villafana was champion at 112 along with mitch smith, bobby cooper, anthony kurnot, and ben anderson

January 12, 2004
comments: Does anyone know if North Marion and Parkersburg is going to make-up their match, that was cancelled back in December, this week.

January 12, 2004
comments: Don't forget about David Wojo from Riverside at 215. He placed second at Nitro beating Bryant and going into double overtime with Hutchinson

January 12, 2004
comments: who placed at 119 at nitro

January 12, 2004
comments: Ewing is not certified at 112. So he wont be there. Check the wvssac and that will answer that

January 12, 2004
comments: calhoun, cameron, shady springs,and williamstown will be the key to knocking off oak glen at the states

January 12, 2004
comments: What was the score of the Valentine/Freda match?

January 12, 2004
comments: shuffling the line up is what duals are all about so let the best coaches do thier thing to win thats why you wrestle

January 12, 2004
comments: Congrats to Anderson from Ripley at 275 as well for winning the JCI's!

January 12, 2004
comments: For those parents who have not taken the time to read Dr. Welker's article on corporal punishment, you should, it is a good read. Some of the greatest coaches/teachers in the history of this state would probably find themselves on the bad end of a law suit or criminal complaint if they were coaching today.

January 12, 2004
comments: CONGRATULATIONS to Seth Phalen, Jr. Villafona, Bobby Cooper, Kurnot and Mitch Smith for winning the JCI's! Congratulations to the rest of the team as well for a great showing and defending the title. I hope I did not miss any other individual Champs!

January 12, 2004
comments: What teams will be at the Winners Choice tourn. this weekend in Fairmont?

January 12, 2004
comments: Congratulations to Codie Gustines at the Jefferson Invitational this past weekend. He knocked out the #1 Ranked 135#'er from Virginia and on top of that took MVP of the tournement. Congratulations again you are a class act. Look forward to seeing you wrestle at the Winners Choice. Good Luck.

January 12, 2004
comments: Can we get some feedback from someone at the Jr. State Tournament regarding the concerns in the heavyweight (unlimited) weight class? Obviously, there has been concern for several years on this matter. If the reason nothing has been done is due to economics, that is not good enough to override a child's safety. In addition, I think people would be willing to pay an additional amount on the entry fee to keep our kid's safe. I would like to hear some feedback. It will impact my decision, and I am sure other's, whether my son will be competing this year or not. Thanks!

January 12, 2004
comments: Can we get some feedback from someone at the Jr. State Tournament regarding the concerns in the heavyweight (unlimited) weight class? Obviously, there has been concern for several years on this matter. If the reason nothing has been done is due to economics, that is not good enough to override a child's safety. In addition, I think people would be willing to pay an additional amount on the entry fee to keep our kid's safe. I would like to hear some feedback. It will impact my decision, and I am sure other's, whether my son will be competing this year or not. Thanks!

January 12, 2004
comments: I wouldnt say that Oak Glen beat East Fairmont by over 100 points, Scoring from the Brooke CLassic is different then a regular tourement not sure how they score it but ive never seena 16 man bracket tournment where the winner scores almost 500 points which Canon-McMillian did at the Brooke Classic. Pluss who is to say Calhoun doesnt beat Oak Glen, its still a different tourement and a different day.

January 12, 2004
comments: THE STATES NEED TO HAVE THE REGULAR WEIGHT CLASSES.BECAUSE SOMEONE COULD GET SERIOUSLY INJURED IN HEAVYWEIGHT CLASS WITH 80 LBS TO HEAVYWEIGHT.SO COULD THE STATES HAVE REGULAR WEIGHT CLASSES.

January 12, 2004
comments: GREAT JOB TO WOODROW WILSON AT THE NITRO TOURNAMENT THIS PAST WEEKEND!
I think the work you guys are doing in the mat room is helping tremendously... if you keep it up who knows where you all will be by february 27.. good luck in the rest of the touranments and states!!
congradulations to phil bartram & kevin wilson for being able to come back after last years season and help the team out the way they have done! Keep it up guys!

January 12, 2004
comments: I see that ryan ewing at 119 majored a AA state champ, and then pinned in the finals. Why didn't he get MOW? But hopefully he can make weight at 112, and if he cant, then maybe he can go 119, hayes 125, shyver 130, and rader 135. just a thought. That'd be a crazy move to do that though.

January 12, 2004
comments: January 12, 2004
comments: here my prdictions for 189 and 215 AAA...
189:1st:Tominak-WP                   215: 1st:Thomas-P burg
    2nd:Lindamood-P burg                  2nd:Hutchinson-Hunt
    3rd:Delligatti-Fair Sr.               3rd-6th...could be
    4th:Young-Hedges.                     Bryant,Bennett,
    5th:Radcliffe-P.south                 Nicholson,Graley,
    6th:Ewing-JM                          Davis,Hercules...class
                                          is loaded with even
                                          talent...2 or 3 good 

Tominack is healthy this year and much stronger. Hercules is considering dropping to 170 as he is light after dropping to wrestle 189 for the early matches.

January 12, 2004
comments: northcraft and wharton were equal last year but northcraft wrestled all summer and got alot better

January 12, 2004
comments: CONGRADULATIONS to HHS Wrestlers for placing 4th at Jefferson this past weekend!!!!!

Win or Lose you all did a great job and I see improvement's in each of you! Keep up the good work.You still have a tough and long road ahead.

A special CONGRADULATIONS to Troy Foltz on his 1st place win!But more impressive...on your win over Gustine!!!!Keep up the good work and beware,I'm sure Gustine will be out for revenge next time you meet up!Great job Nicholson on 2nd place,keep trying. Looking forward to CVAL's and Regionals to see how well our boy's do then.

January 12, 2004
comments: The score of lodge and ashely was 6-3 , it was a very good match .

January 12, 2004
comments: TO THE OAK HILL FAN, WEST DUALS RESULTS HAVE BEEN POSTED. THANKS FOR FOLLOWING US. KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN FOR THE DEVILS.

January 12, 2004
comments: How can you say Calhoun is going to beat Oak Glen when they got beat by East Fairmont and oak Glen Beat them by like 100 points in the Brooke Classic?

January 12, 2004
comments: Congratulations to Musselman wrestlers at the Jefferson Invitational:
Dustin Haislip - Champion 103
Billy Barrett - Champion 119
Jesse Miner - Fifth 119
Kyle Hendrickson - Sixth 275

January 12, 2004
comments: here my prdictions for 189 and 215 AAA...
189:1st:Tominak-WP                   215: 1st:Thomas-P burg
    2nd:Lindamood-P burg                  2nd:Hutchinson-Hunt
    3rd:Delligatti-Fair Sr.               3rd-6th...could be
    4th:Young-Hedges.                     Bryant,Bennett,
    5th:Radcliffe-P.south                 Nicholson,Graley,
    6th:Ewing-JM                          Davis,Hercules...class
                                          is loaded with even
                                          talent...2 or 3 good 
                                          wrestlers will not 
                                          place..

January 12, 2004
comments: anyone have any predicts for region II A/AA?

January 12, 2004
comments: Will someone from Nitro and Ripley please submit this weekends results so everyone can enjoy them.

January 12, 2004
comments: Devin from frankfort is very under rated this year, an to da reporter he is staying at 152, so you might wanna get your facts straight before you go sayin stuff you have no idea about. Watchout for devin and frankforts 119lbder, shawn snowburger, those to have a good chnce at states. Good luck to both of you.

January 12, 2004
comments: About half-way through the season now. Looks like the talk is up about the A/AA 152 pound weight class. I agree that it is tough. IS Hughes dropping? Is anyone else? How about some more A/AA predictions for all weight classes. I like to see peoples opinion on who the top 6 in every weight is. Thank you and good luck.

January 12, 2004
comments: I would like to comment on the Hughes Northcraft discussion.
1. Northcraft may not be better than Wharton but he is as equally good
2. Northcraft places last year at states as a freshman wrestling up about 2-3 weight classes.

January 12, 2004
comments: RatsTeaser, What are you talking about?? PHS wrestled the exact lineup against South as they did in the regional. The coach did not do any shuffling of wrestlers like you have implied. If you don't believe me go back and look at the results.

January 12, 2004
comments: does anyone know if we get 3 pounds over base weight at winners choice or 2 pounds

January 12, 2004
comments: Congrats to East Fairmont on their 2nd place finish at the Pat Vance Nitro Invitational. Also big ups to Jobey Knapton who defeated Huntington High's Zack Fraley 5-3 in the championship match and to Jessie Valentine who beat Lewis Coounty's A.J. Freda in the finals. Another note, Huntington High looks to be pretty solid top to bottom, watch out.

January 12, 2004
comments: Any one got predictions on the Williamstown vs Cameron duel on Wed. The big question is will Cameron wrestle Williamstown strait up or will they switch there line up around?

January 12, 2004
comments: What was the score of the Ashely of Calhoun and Lodge of North Marion at Nitro?

January 12, 2004
comments: Ewing from PHS was very impressive at JCI's he majored Judd Billings 10-2 a defending AA state Champ and then pinned Griffen of Roane who was undeafted. If he makes 112lbs for the Big Reds he will definatly be a big assest for them.

January 12, 2004
comments: I got a chance to see Efaw from Grafton wrestle....man, he can do some tricky thangs, he's sneaky. Nice cradle...

January 12, 2004
comments: if any one has the results for the nitro tournment please post them team standings as well as who placed top 4 in each weight class

January 12, 2004
comments: Does anyone have a list of teams that will be attending Winner's Choice in Fairmont?

January 12, 2004
comments: What I don't understand is how you still rank Nitro above Beckley, when Beckley has beaten Nitro ever time they have met this year. And every time by a very large amount.

January 12, 2004
comments: RatsTeaser: Look for NEITHER line up to change. And 2 years ago, marks did not know if he was going to wrestle or not because of a shoulder injury. He did not move up a weight, he wrestled 171 most the season. He noticed that his team needed him and he stepped it up and won a match. He wrestled with an injury. so good for him. I applaud his effort. are you still mad about what happened 2 years ago? Grow up!

January 11, 2004
comments: It seems that there is a lot of concern over who will win in the AA/A 152lb class.....why not quit talking about this and let the young men who are working for that title settle it on the mat?

January 11, 2004
comments: Congrats to Coach Randy and Toni Woods for their win at the Braxton Invitational. Coach Toni is to be commended for her help on the mat, as well, as the scorer's table. Braxton is always appreciative of their officials. Mike Kirby, Mike King and Dave Harpold were at their best. Sometimes we fail to commend those of us who make our sport great. Also, I'd like to thank Al and Lance Culverhouse and Pam and Greg Shafer for manning our tables. Lastly, I'd like to thank (too numerous to mention names) all of those faculty members and parents who help to make Braxton Knights Wrestling great.

January 11, 2004
comments: CONGRATULATIONS MATT DYE FOR HIS 107TH WIN THIS WEEKEND. GOOD JOB....

January 11, 2004
comments: Something has got to be done about the heavyweight class. Yesterday my son who weighs 105 wrestled a kid that i know had to weigh over 200 pounds. Is this fair??? I realize this kids deserve to wrestle but has anyone ever thought of a heavyweight class and then a extra heavyweight class??? Someone is gonna end up hurt and something has got to be done about this!!!

January 11, 2004
comments: South Wrestling Fan: If Ewing does go at it at 112, I think he wins that match. Yes the 103 match will be key, and 189 will be key also. All the other matches we pretty much know who's going to win. litton/osuna cotto will be a key match to. if both teams can stay off their backs, then we'll see a really close match.

January 11, 2004
comments: Ryan Ewing is an incredibly talented Freshman. I believe that he could go as high as second or third in the state at 112, depending on the pill at the state tournament. Ryan will be unleashed on the state very soon and everyone will know his name!!

January 11, 2004
comments: The South-PHS dual is more than just another dual. It's for city bragging rights. The regional will take care of itself. Look for Big Reds to make the first roster shift when Hayes, Shyver and Rader all move up a weight class. If this is just another dual for PHS, then why did they adjust their roster two years ago when they got the tie with South? This dual is Parkersburg's wrestling equivalent to the Buckeye-Wolverine football game.

Question: Since Hayes didn't make weight at 119 against John Marshall and wrestled in the JV match at 125, does he have to make base weight now at 119? Does anyone know the correct ruling on this?

January 11, 2004
comments: Hey Doc, when will the offical rankings come out I would like to see how close I am? Thanks Doc.
Editor's note: Team rankings are (usually) released on Tuesday. Individual rankings not for another three weeks or so.....

January 11, 2004
comments: congratnulations to the calhoun wrestling team on the 3rd place finish at nitro! they beat #3 shady springs and finished behind huntington an east fairmont!160 p.goodrich won and is 23-1 and is wrestling tough. metz won and we will see bosley next week at the big 16. ashley lost to lodge but he'll be ready! burrows is wrestling strong and placed 4th.ramsey placed 4th while pinning the #3seed kesecker in the quarters and losing to dixon from huntington by 2. he is wrestling strong and is a definite sleeper while the year goes on with loses to cooper(rip)2-1and allen from nitro twice an dixon.cummings got beat but will rebound as you'll see. price has been wrestling good but had a tough weekend.calhoun is for real!! and everyone knows that they never get any respect like this year being ranked 5th they will be definite top 3 and i look forward to seeing williamstown at the runmble and the LKC it will be one to remember.

January 11, 2004
comments: To Chuck Wollerie: Why are you putting Hughes above Elder?? I think you will see that Ryan Elder is the Top wrestler in 145 even with Hughes there. Elder has not been beat this year, and I don't look for him to be. Here is my 145 predictions. Do not under rate Elder, I promise you he will surprise you.
1. Elder
2. Hughes
3. Bonecutter
4. Hines
5. Dye
6. Wince
7. Stevens
8. Stewart

January 11, 2004
comments: just wanted to say the Woodrow Wilson did a great job at Nitro on saturday. Andrew Troche did a great job coming in 5th place. Great job for a freshman. keep it up Woodrow go ALL THE WAY!!!!! #1 FAN

January 11, 2004
email: FROM DEVIL FAN
comments: WOULD YOU PLEASE POST YOUR TEAMS RESULTS FROM THE GREENBRIER WEST DUALS ON DEC 27. THOSE ARE THE ONLY SCORES I DON'T SEE POSTED FOR YOUR TEAM

January 11, 2004
comments: to ex ov wrestler:

Um.. I would pick Hughes over Northcraft because
A. He has won 2 state titles to Northcraft's something place finish last year at states.

B. Hughes is undefeated.

C. Last time Hughes wrestled an OG wrestler, the score was 13-5. Do you think Northcraft is better than Wharton? I don't.

D. He might be at 145 anyways, but its appaling to me that you wouldn't consider him the favorite. Have you been to a Cameron match this year yet? Didn't think, please don't make any more foolish predictions.

January 11, 2004
comments: About that match between Matt Stewart and Chuck Meadows, Chuck cracked his ribbs and hasn't been wrestling since then. They are both good wrestlers but I do think Matt is very under rated, all I'm saying is if Chuck wasn't injurred the match would've been closer.

January 11, 2004
comments: Congrats to Matt "Meetball" Delligatti on his impressive tournament at the JIT especially with his win in the finals over the AA state champ from Virginia... Matt just remember to keep on keepin on baby!!!

January 11, 2004
comments: I think the South/phs dual will come down to two or three weight classes.If Ewing can make 112 weight limit and the Stigenbuaer/Kellar and Lindamood/Radcliff matches will be key for both teams.I usually don't go against my boys,but I see it 37-34 for phs.I hope that the South wrestlers prove me wrong,but it is what happens in late February in Huntington that really matters.

January 11, 2004
comments: Region 1 AAA is by far the toughest region but take a look at 2 weight classes where possibly the top 4 in the region will be top 4 in the state. 145-Litton, Richey, Campbell, Osuna cotto. that weight is loaded with talent. and 189-Lindamood, Tominack, Ewing, and Radcliffe. I think the 4th place finisher could easily work on up to the semi's maybe the championship. The other regions need to be careful, a 1 seed from another region could easily be beaten if he overlooks the 3 and 4 placers from region 1.

January 11, 2004
comments: Good job to the Flying Eagles on a solid performance at Nitro. The 4th place finish (7 1/2 points behind 2nd place East Fairmont) is a big turn around from last season's finish. Looks like Coach Bartram has things on the right track again in the practice room. Sean Meade-119, Zack Evans-135, Joe McQuillen-140, Tyler Wilson-145 and Jay Thomas-152 with solid 3rd place finishes. Andrew Troche-125, Justin Wharton-130 and Nick Llado-189 bringing home 5th. A great TEAM performance wrestling back through consolations. Keep up the hard work and you'll continue to reap the rewards. Also kudos to the other Coaches in the mat room with our boys- Kevin Wilson, Dr. Kurt Reiber and Manny Troche, we appreciate the time you guys are putting in and it's really making a difference.

January 11, 2004
comments: chuck wollerie, I like richey and campbell over osuna cotto, richey will be in better shape by regionals and he is the defending state champ., and campbell looked good at states last year. nelson is also really tough. Heres how I see it 1 litton 2 richey 3 campbell, 4 osuna cotto 5 nelson 6 who knows.

January 11, 2004
comments: Region 1 AAA 189 placers. 1 tominack, 2 lindamood, 3 ewing, 4 radcliffe. any comments? lindamood has already beat ewing by fall, lindamood has beaten radcliffe(ironman) and will face off in the south/phs dual. He will also get tominack in a quad in p-burg. Radcliffe, lost to lindamood, will see ewing in feb. in a dual at south. no matches with tominack.

January 11, 2004
comments: Congratulations to the North Marion team this weekend at Nitro. You wrestled good and had some tough matches. A HUGE CONGRATS to JUSTIN LODGE for winning first at 130lb defeating 110-1 Justin Ashley from Calhoun and also winning Outstanding Wrestler. It was well earned. Also congrats to Kurt Shumate and Steve Campbell for winning 4th at 119 and 152. Good Luck this weekend at Winners Choice.

January 11, 2004
comments:
145 AAA
Region in ( ) 1. Litton - phs (1)
2. Osuna-Cotto - south (1)
3. Richey - jm (1)
4. Cambell - uhs (1)
5. Nelson - hhs (4)
6. Wilson - ww (3)
7. Demastes - bu (3)
8. R. Connor - mart (2)
Hate to be in Region 1......Good lord!!!

AA/A
Region in ( )

1. Hughes - cam (1)
2. Elder - will (1)
3. Stevens - og (1)
4. Bonecutter - pp (4)
5. Hines - brax (2)
6. Dye - wirt (2)
7. Wince - rit (2)
8. Bennett - bs (2)

* I would like Hughes at 152, but if he declines he will be the favorite at 145...also i need to see some results on hines to move him up. good wrestler no results.

January 11, 2004
comments: good job to all the braxton co. middle school coaches,parents, volunteers on the middle school invatational 1-10-04 good competetion, job well done.

January 11, 2004
comments: RatsTeaser: why would south switch their whole line up just to beat PHS. its only for bragging rights this time around. The only thing PHS cares about is winning state. they could care less what happens for the south match. I know they would like to win, but whatever happens, a W or L they put it behind them and concentrate on their upcoming matches.

January 11, 2004
comments: this is to really smart you must be really dumb not hearin of matt stewart speakin of how strong shady is please matt stewart pinned your boy from shady chuck meadows who was coalfield confrences most outstanding wrestler last year in the second period pal matt stewart is the most underated wrestler in the state he just doesnt know whether he wants to win 145 or 140

January 11, 2004
comments: Post was wrong for VA Duals, South finished in the top 6 with a 3-2 (not 4-2). Thanks for pointing that out.

January 11, 2004
comments: RatsTeaser, the imposter, What makes you think Radcliff would want to move up and get Thomas? Also Radcliff needs a big win here for seeding at the regional. That weight is tough with Tominack and the JM wrestler.

January 11, 2004
comments: In regards to the PHS-South match, I don't think movin all those kids around to win the dual is a very good idea. You need those head to head match ups going into your regional seeding meeting. It would be bad coaching to move a kid around in a dual then get a lower seed cause he never wrestled someone during the season. that could cost you team points at state, regional and maybe even qualifying for state.

January 11, 2004

From: GRANDMA comments: CONGRATULATION TO EAST FAIRMONT AND COACH SHANE EAKLE ON WINNING THE VALLEY CLASH III AT TYLER CONSOLIDATED MIDDLE SCHOOL. SCHOOLS THERE TYLER CONSOLIDATED, FOLLANSBEE, MOUNDSVILLE, INDEPENDENCE, EAST FAIRMONT, BUCKHANNON UPSHUR, WILLIAMSTOWN, SHERRARD, CHEAT LAKE, MANNINGTON, POINT PLESANT, WELLSBURG, TAYLOR COUNTY, CAMERON, POINT PLESANT B, AND TYLER CONSOLIDATED B. WE ARE SO PROUD OF OUR TEAM AND COACHES AND HOW HARD THEY HAVE WORKED. GOOD LUCK AT WSAZ GO HORNETS LOVE YOU GRANDMA

January 11, 2004
comments:
103-phs 3 Stilgenbauer dec. Keller
112-phs 6 ewing steps it up
119-phs 3 hays
125-phs 6 shyver
130 phs 6 rader
135 south 4 porter
140 south 4 smith
145 phs 4 litton is tough
152 south 6 OsunaCotto/Smith
160 south 6 norman
171 south 6 walters
189 phs 3 joey
215 phs 6 lou best wrestler in the state
hwt phs 6 dearman

final score south 26 phs 43

January 11, 2004
comments: Questions?? Does anyone have the results for the Nitro and Jackson County Invites? Or do you know where I can find them...Thanks Editor's note: I have some partial from JCI, but am waiting (hoping) to get results from both....

January 11, 2004
comments: This is Jake Hayes last year for PHS due to wrestling 2 years as a ninth grader so that makes 4 seniors for PHS

January 11, 2004
comments: To: cameron wrestler
I think it's funny how you can say hughes will win state? I'm sure you haven't seen Northcraft wrestle. If he can start keeping his weight down he will be unstoppable. We'll find out what happens comes ovac's!

January 11, 2004
comments: good job to woodrow wilson... they placed 4th at the nitro tournament.. good luck in the future tournaments.

January 11, 2004

January 11, 2004
comments: How could osuna cotto and smith both go 5-0 when they wrestled 6 duals? I would think teams would have their full line-ups for something this big.

Current forum and index
Return to the WV-Mat front page