West Virginia High
School Wrestling

West Virginia Wrestling -- March 2000 Forum (Part Two)

Questions and comments welcome!

If you have some bit of West Virginia wrestling information to share, or a question or comment, here is the place.
Let's keep the discourse positive!
(Note: Flames, trash talk, and other items deemed inappropriate will not be posted).

To submit an item for the forum, click here to go to the forum submission page.

Current forum and index
Return to the WV-Mat front page
March 20, 2000
comments: Did Vertus Jones win the NCAA title? Why is WVU sports info so late in posting such news?

comments: Vertus Jones lost 19-6 in the 184 lb. NCAA finals to phenom Cael Sanderson of Iowa State who is now 79-0. Vertus is WVU's first 3X All American finishing 2-3-2 the last 3 years. His brother Greg is an incoming WVU recruit and will be wrestling for the Pennsylvania All Stars at this weekend's Dapper Dan Classic in Pittsburgh at 160.

March 20, 2000
Congrats to Jeremy Hart on a great season, he beat the 7th place finisher in the first round!!!!
http://www.goasu.com/normal/display.php3?id=922

March 20, 2000
Congratulations to Martha McAnlis of Weirton WV for taking a 3rd place finish in the 1st Annual USGWA Pennsylvania Girls Wrestling State Championships which took place on March 19th! Your coaches and trainer are proud of you. CONGRATULATIONS!!

March 20, 2000
comments: Any results from either and of Mid Atlantic tourneys taht were held in WV? Please post

March 20, 2000
comments: way to go noechel sternthal satterfield hoss mirror twins and hungarian barbarian tony. tear it up at regionals.

March 20, 2000
comments: First off would like to thank and congratulate some people. Would like to say thank you and congratulations on your award at states to the editor of this website. This website makes wrestling in this state much more fun for fans and wrestlers. By providing this great source of info about wrestling around the state it makes the sport much more enjoyable. Of all the states I have pulled up on the internet I have to say this one is the tops. I wish Maryland and Virginia had such good sites. If there was a national award for things like this the editor should receive one. Also like to thank and congratulate Tony Regalbuto for everything he has given to the wrestlers and fans. For those of you who don't know Tony in the offseason has a large tent in his yard with a mat in it. He lets kids from all over come and teaches them and it has definitely paid off for them. Tony is a very classy individual opening his home to anyone even the competition. If anyone knows of any good citizen award out there that I can nominate him for how about letting me know. He gives kids everywhere the chance to excel.

Next I would like to say good luck to all WV wrestlers who will be wrestling in the NHSCA sr. nationals in Pittsburgh. I saw comments on here asking where are the Parkersburg wrestlers in this. I agree where are they would love to see Trusty Radcliff and Williams there. Trusty looked very dominant in states would like to see him at nationals representing WV. Also like to see Wehrle and Ochap as well. Lets go Wv. Accept the challenge and good luck.

On to other things I believe I saw something on here about things the coaches would be discussing this offseason. One of those I believe was seeding for the state tournament. I think thats a bad idea no offense to whoever thought of it. Right now the random draw is the only OBJECTIVE way of doing states. By introducing seeding you start getting people arguing about who is better than whom. Also who would be doing the seeding. Many wrestlers from the south end of the state don't get to see those in the north. So how is someone going to determine who is better. Also if it goes by records look at the records of the parkersburg wrestlers. They wrestle nationally ranked kids all season long and thus there records aren't that great. Should they be penalized for there tough schedule NO. Anyway I think its a bad idea why fix something thats not broken.

If the coaches want to fix something how about the number of teams in each region. I saw some comments on here by Phanatic and I don't know who you are but you definitely know your stuff. I agree with most of your comments. I drew a line down the state and across and what I get for regions is this. Region 2 or Northeast would comprise of: Jefferson Musselman Martinsburg Hedgesville Keyser Elkins Preston Morgantown University and Grafton if they move up to AAA. Region 1 or Northwest would be: Brooke Wheeling Park John Marshall North Marion Fairmont Sr. East Fairmont Robert C. Byrd Philip Barbour and Buckhanon Upshur. Region 3 or West Central would be Parkersburg Parkersburg South Lewis Ripley Roane Pt. Pleasant Herbert Hoover Nitro St. Albans. Region 4 or Southern would be Huntington Cabell Midland Spring Valley George Washington Capital Riverside Logan Nicholas Greenbriar East and Oak Hill. This would give Regions 2 and 4 ten teams and 1 and 3 9 teams thus fixing the numbers problem. Also quality wise looks good as well. Region 2 would have 33 state qualifiers returning and 14 state placers again this is counting Grafton. Region 1 would have 40 state qualifiers and 10 state placers returning so pretty even in the northern regions. Southern regions may need some tweaking quality wise as region 3 would have 49 qualifiers and 15 placers returning whereas region 4 would have 27 qualifiers and 7 placers. Anyway I didn't do anything complicated to come up with this again I just drew some lines on a map and used logic and a little math. I would like to see the WVSSAC get involved in this since to many people this kind of gives a bad impression of the state when somebody can't even divide up a number of teams equally.

Anyway I would like to wish good luck to Cary Kolat at WVU in his quest for olympic gold. Kolat is my favorite wrestler on the world team at this time and Zeke Jones was my favorite when he was on it. So you can imagine how happy I am to see both of them at WVU especially with Anthoney going there. I hope that those two and Coach Turnbull stay for a long time. Wvu is doing extremely well in recruiting this offseason picking up Ant Brandon Lauer and Greg Jones PA state champ.

Now on a unfortunately negative note to the comments by the so called Hedgesville Parent on here talking about my former comments. I never claimed to speak for everyone. These are my opinions although I did speak to a few of the true Hedgesville parents coming out of the civic center when states was all over and we agreed that we didn't do as well as we should have. And personally I was not the first one to bring it up during that discussion. Frankly I doubt you are a Hedgesville Parent. I don't know of any who have so little pride that they would discount our undefeated dual record and victory over Fairmont by saying that they agreed with the dual rankings. Also if you have a problem with my comments I would ask that you please address your response to me and not name wrestlers. Those young men that you named Lord Drappo Hess and Baker are good kids who worked really hard this season and during the offseason. Each one of them scored big wins at critical times to keep us undefeated. I don't mind you bashing my comments but keep the kids out of it. I am glad to see that they have the pride in themselves to feel they should be considered the number 1 dual team as shown by there comments on here. Those young men I am sure will be at Tonys this offseason working hard to do it again next season. Again I dont know what team you are from and frankly I dont care. Anyway good luck to all Wv wrestlers this offseason.

March 20, 2000
comments: I don't think it is fair that I submit a well written forum article to you everyday in hopes that you will post it. I am the one who writes the post about .......
I have seen a lot worse posts on this site. I don't think it is fair that you deny my right to express my opinion about two wrestlers but you allow D.K. to do so. If he is allowed to say that his sons SHOULD have won I should be allowed to say why I think that they SHOULDN'T have one. Please post my article I will send it everyday until you do so. Please don't allow my opinions to go unheard. I think you are showing favoritism to D.K. I feel that there are no flames trashtalking or anything. I feel it is evident that you are purposefully keeping my post out.
Editor's note: Yes, you are correct. I am purposefully keeping your post(s) out. You do raise an interesting point. As I have mentioned before, some discretion should be exercised, in all fairness, when we say that so-and-so should have been the champ. Is that to say that whoever DID win the championship was unworthy? What is the intent here -- to pump up and console an athlete who fell short of his goal OR show disrespect the athlete who ultimately DID win the championship, thus cheapening and detracting from HIS accomplishment? There is a fine line here. It should be possible to "pump up" someone without "bashing" someone else. I do not think the the previous post to which you refer had any attempt whatsoever to bash anyone else - but to rather pump up someone who fell short of a goal for a variety of reasons...

If I write a forum post that says "My wife is the prettiest wrestling mom in the state (and she is) -- that is a complement directed to my wife and I don't think anyone should read any more into it than that. However, if I write a post that says "All wrestling moms in the state are ugly old hags compared to my wife....," or, "John Doe's wife is ugly compared to mine...," well, while perhaps expressing roughly the same sentiment, I think such a comment would be, er, ill advised. And, if I express the opinion that "My wife is the prettiest wrestling mom in the state" and someone wishes to respond, "No she isn't, she is an ugly old hag with a wart on her nose....," well......

March 20, 2000
comments: The idea that Hedgesville could beat Oak Glen in a duals match is absurd! Oak Glen would at least win 103 112 130 152 160 171 189 215 275. Most of Hedgesville's team had impressive records but Oak Glen wrestled a tougher schedual. Whoever submitted the comment that Oak glen would only win 2 matches is in error. There is no way that three of their five state champions would lose.

March 20, 2000
comments: I guess some diehard wrestling fans are having a hard time excepting the fact that South was the best team in the state once more in 1999-2000. The subject has now shifted to who was the best dual team.You wrestle duals and tournaments for on reason-to get the kids in shape and experience.Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe South has never crowned a champion at the Ironman tourney in northern Ohio.They do however wrestle the toughest competition you could possibly find anywhere in high school wrestling which helps prepare them to win state championships.Until some of the other high schools in AAA get out of the state or their region they may never catch up.So you can argue who is the best dual team in the state but bottom line is South is still the state champion and will contend year in an year out because they simply wrestle the very best.

March 17, 2000
Hart pulls of first roun upset record should read 30-2
http://www.goasu.com/normal/display.php3?id=916

March 17, 2000
comments: From South Berkeley Fan: Congratulations to Ken Haslip on a great First season for the South Berkeley Dragons. It looks like the power has begun to shift from one end of Berkeley County to the other in youth wrestling. Look for it to begin to shift on the High School level soon as well !

March 17, 2000
comments: We ARE the best dual team in the state. How can you say that we are behind Oak Glen and FS. We beat FS a whelling park. By 5 pts. Also Oak Glen would not stand a chance aginist Hedgesville's 1999-2000 team. We would only loose 2 matches. I think we had the best team in the state. Hedgesville will also have a great season next year. Hedgesville will be ranked #1.

March 17, 2000
comments: Congratulations to Tyler Hughes Jeff Hughes and Tucker Brown for placing in the high school state tournament! Great job guys!

March 17, 2000
comments: Listen to the Dapper Dan Classic and NHSCA Senior Nationals next weekend on your computer at http://www.nsnsports.com

March 17, 2000
comments: To the Hedgesville fan describing the Maryland State Tournament. I wrestled in West Virginia and now live in Maryland. I couldn't agree with you more. The facility for the Maryland State Tournament is about as poor a place to hold a state tournament as I've seen. I get a lot of grief for having grown up in West Virginia but I'll tell you that Maryland's State Wrestling Tournament doesn't come close to the West Virginia State Tournament.

March 17, 2000
comments: I just wanted to say a huge GOOD LUCK to all the South wrestlers partcipating in the AAU District Qualifer Tournament at Parkersburg South this weekend!!!! Wrestle your best sweeties and a special good luck to Nathan and JJ!

March 17, 2000
comments: Congratulations to Parkersburg for hosting yet another well run Youth Championship tournament. They have done an excellant job year in and year out. They should be commended not berated. They once again had by far the toughest competition( I was there ). Congratulations to Clarksburg for doing a fine job under less than ideal circumstances hosting their Youth Championship tournament( R.C. Byrd H.S. is a beautiful school by the way). The competition was not on a par with Parkersburg but a fine tournament none the less( I was there also ). Congratulations to Mountain State Wrestling for trying to breath new life into our State Youth Tournament. You have excellant ideas and should be commended not berated. Parkersburg has a long tradition of holding the best tournament in all of West Virginia they should in no way be asked to comprimise all the success that they have obtained! As for Clarksburg or Mountain State hosting their own tournament I think thats fantastic. Competition between the tournaments can only improve the wrestling environment in our state however it is of utmost importance that we support each other and try to understand each others point of view. Question: Wouldn't it have been great to see 800-900 kids at the Parkersburg States ( AN EVEN AGE BRACKET ). Then see 800-900 kids at the Mountain State States ( AN ODD AGE BRACKET )??????? The kids would have been the real winners. Thats what we're all here for Isn't it ???? Everyone in this state that has worked for the kids benefit deserves a big hand!! Now let's show our kids what we are capable of doing for them in the future!

March 17, 2000
email: SHickman@aol.com
comments: The Dent kid from Hundred that won the 13-15 #155 title has been wrestling for the Hundred pee wee program for several years. I think he is 15 years old. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think he has placed in the Parkersburg states before. The last I heard the parents from Hundred were begging for a wrestling team at the high school but so far were unsuccessful. It's a shame Hundred has a nice pee wee program with good coaches supportive parents and well behaved kids. Congratulation to Mr. Dent. Hard work will pay off in life also.

March 17, 2000
email: GROGER119 comments: JAMEY DENT IS FROM HUNDRED LOCATED IN WETZEL COUNTY.HUNDRED HIGH SCHOOL HAS NOT HAD A WRESTLING PROGRAM FOR 20 + YEARS. HUNDRED HIGH SCHOOL MAY HAVE A PROGRAM IN 2001.

March 17, 2000
comments: To salami-swami: You stated that Hedgesville did not deserve the title of uncrowned dual meet champ in the state despite a perfect 31-0 record. You must be a Fairmont Sr. fan because you made excuses why Fairmont couldn't beat Hedgesville. I don't go to Hedgesville or know a single wrestler there but I do follow them and know they are a class team! They had the best duals record in the state so accept it especially after they beat your apparent team. I'm really tired of losing teams saying they are better than someone else when they already lost to them. Hey Fairmont Sr. lost so don't say they are a better dual team than Hedgesville--they proved they are #1 the old fashioned way--they beat EVERYONE! Cut the excuses about if if if....when you lose the bottom line is...you LOST!

March 17, 2000
comments: To whom it may concern. Hedgesville Fan M is not a Hedgesville parent and does not always reflect the views and opinions of those of us who are. While we did have a very good team this year we did not have the depth of other teams. While Danny Lord had a great year he is still a freshman and not the best in the state. The same can be said for Drappo Hess and Baker. To say that Dellagatti would automatically beat Ballam I disagree. As for everything else in a nutshell the final standings are in my best observance a true reflection of the order they should be in no matter how biased I may be as a Hedgesville Parent. Thank you to the Editor for providing such an informative way for wrestling families and enthusiastic fans to keep up with the sport they love. You deserve a great credit as it must be an enormous task to keep up with. Thank you. To all those who don't like the competative rhetoric that sometimes appears on here all I can say is this is wrestling not figure skating. See you next year.

March 17, 2000
comments: This is a comment to the person that said the jones wrestling team "mopped up" at the cougar classic . I know that when I wrestled we (the cougars never lost the cougar classic and I am only aware of maybe 1 time that the cougars didn't mop up their own tournament.

March 17, 2000
email: wvmatman@hotmail.com
comments: It is a shame that there is so much resentment over the Junior State Championships. What should be done is to pick out a weekend to hold this tournament each year. Have different areas hold the tournament and NO other wrestling club or team hold a tournament on that day. It is a shame the several teams hold a tournament on the dates of the Junior State Championships. I was very pleased that we got to wrestle at both Parkersburg and Clarksburg. They did an excellent job running their tournaments. The most thing that bothers me is that alot of coaches and parents are in this sport for themselves and not the kids. We have a very sucessful club and it is because the kids work very hard . Good parents that stand behind them and have very good leadership in the coaching staff. I have not and will not take credit for the sucess of any wrestler that I have helped coached. The kids do all the hard work and should be given the credit. I hope that the teams that hold tournaments on the same day as the Junior State Championships would relize that the quality of wrestling would be great if we all got togeather this one weekend and had a great time wrestling one another.Good kids good parents and good coaches getting togeather to have a great time !!

March 15, 2000
COULD YOU PLEASE REQUEST THAT THE ADDRESS OF THE SCHOOL OR WRESTLING SITE BE INCLUDED ON ENTRY FORMS SO THE SITE WILL BE EASY TO FIND FOR THE WRESTLERS FROM OUT OF TOWN THANKS

March 15, 2000
comments: Saw that Hwt Jow Heath and 215 Ryan Morris have also registered for the National Championships in Pittsburgh. Regalbuto registered at 140. They give 3 lbs. Also Marcus Cherry (only person to beat Wenmoth tihs year) from SC is registered at 119. Does anyone know if anyone else is going? Only 6 WV wreslters registered. Stanley Walters and Coffey are the others.

March 15, 2000
comments: To the Hedgesville parent complaining about the school wrestling schedule. the forum is not the place to air your dirty laundry. If you have a problem with the wrestling schedule there is a person called an athletic director in every high scholl in the state and also a principal.. That is where your need to go NOT the wrestling forum

March 15, 2000
comments: TO: HEDGESVILLE FAN M ON THE EAGLES BEIGN THE UNCROWNED DUAL MEET CHAMP THINK AGAIN. YOU GUYS HAD A GREAT TEAM PROBABLY THIRD BEST INTHE STATE BEHIND #1 OAK GLEN AND #2 FAIRMONT SENIOR AND IM SURE YOU GUYS COULD HAVE HUNG WITH PARKERSBURG SOUTH. WHEN YOU BEAT FAIRMONT SENIOR JONATHAN DELLIGATTI WAS NOT WRESTLING AND THEY HAD A FEW INJURIES TO DEAL WITH. IF EVERYTHING WAS THE SAME BUT THE 103 BOUT AND DELLIGATTI WON(HE WOULD HAVE BEAT BALLUM) THEN THEY WIN BY 2 POINTS. THAT WOULD MAKE THEM THE UNCROWNED DUAL CHAMPS. THINK ABOUT IT!!!!!!!

March 15, 2000
comments: I'm glad to see someone answered on the forum regarding the Youth State Tournaments and hope to see all the coaches unite in having one true state tournament. You should give Mountain State credit for their efforts. It takes alot of hard work for a tournament to run smoothly so if an area is willing to run a state tournament I feel they should have that opportunity. Not just Parkersburg and Clarksburg. (and why two?) Since I have been a wrestling parent there have always been at least two maybe more. This would have been their "First Annual" and you need support of "all" areas to make it a success. Ideas were expressed heard and voted on by the officials just like they are when hosted by others. I guess their officials didn't see how it was "punishing" wrestlers. Hopefully before this time next year representatives from around the state will get together and decide on one state tournament but it doesn't have to be in Parkersburg or Clarksburg as long as all the coaches make decisions and it is done fairly. On a positive note I think wrestling teaches kids more than any other sport and would like to see more kids enjoy the sport.

March 15, 2000
This entry is meant to settle the Oak Glen - AAA controversy once and for all. The following comes from the 1999-2000 WVSSAC Rules and Regulations Handbook.
#127-3-10 Classification
10.3 A school may choose to compete in WVSSAC tournaments in one class above its classification providing proper notification is made to the WVSSAC prior to April l of a new classification year. Approval of this option will be for a two year period and will be effective for all sports sponsored by the school.
Oak Glen wrestling DOES NOT have the option to move to AAA unless every other sport in the school does. As long as they are classified AA by the state, that is where they will be wrestling. Get used to it!

March 15, 2000
comments: As an interested but OUTSIDE observer... I suggest that all the controversy surrounding age groups and weights could be simply solved. Just adopt EITHER the AAU or USA Wrestling groups and weights and be done with it! I also suggest that the little guys need a growth allowance too perhaps around Jan. 15th. I fight a similar battle when our middle school wrestles OHIO teams at Ohio weight classes. It always means that some of my starters can't compete because we don't fit the weights right and they have fewer weight classes than WV. I wish that the entire USA would settle on one set of classes for middle and high school as well. One final note kids are bigger these days. In many youth entry blanks I saw posted ont the board anything in 13-15 over 155 or 165 was heavyweight. That good friend is a tragedy waiting to happen. Our state association at the prodding of many coaches put in the 190 pound class for Jr. High (which equates to 13-15) and I don't know any coaches or wrestlers (or doctors - or EMT's) who thought that was a bad idea. Again the solution is a simple one. All youth programs in our state simply go by AAU or USA Wrestling and it will end all this outcry of hard feelings.

March 15, 2000
comments: I saw a boy named Jamey Dent from Hundred wrestle this weekend. He won the championship at Clarksburg and Parkersburg in the 13-15 age and 155# weight bracket. I can't seem to find his name anywhere associated with a junior high school. Does anyone know what school he goes to? And what grade his is in?

March 13, 2000
comments: Does anyone from Williamstown know if Ash Wenmoth is going to wrestle in the NHSCA Senior Nationals???

March 13, 2000
comments: WVU recruit Greg Jones (Greensburg) son of the founder of the Jones wrestling club which always mopped up at the Cougar Classic and brother of 2X WVU All American Vertus Jones won the Pennsylvania big school 160 lb championship this weekend. The beauty of it though was that he beat defending state champ and undefeated James Woodall 6-4 in the semifinals. Woodall and his twin brother Jason recently accepted full rides to wrestle at Penn State. WAY TO GO GREG.

March 13, 2000
email: bee5@aol.com
comments: I'm glad someone tried to defend the Mountain State Tournament on here on the FORUM so that another viewpoint could be expressed.

The reason for the FAILURE of the Mountain State Tournament may be related to the following circumstances: They agreed to host the WV Youth Championships that has been either hosted by Clarksburg or Wheeling in the past. However instead of maintaining the format of the tournament and it's structure they chose to change the age brackets and weights with out consulting any of the coaches involved with the tournament.

That idea would be satisfactory if they were holding their own tournament -- not a Youth Championships for the state. To change the ages and weights at which the kids have wrestled at all year just for the sake of change at State Tournament time is controversial. Could you imagine the SSAC changing the weights for states after a kid qualified and wrestled at that weight all year.

Secondly several coaches appealed to the Mt State officials about changing the ages and weights back to the originals far enough in advance to change his form making it so kids would attend their tournament. This tournament is for the kids so why punish them by changing the ages and weights. If kids want to wrestle up an age group they can all season to wrestle "other kids" outside their age. Not at the State Tourney. This appeal was not fruitful.

Lastly Clarksburg ran an excellent tournament and on short notice. Issues for changes were addressed at the seeding meeting voted on and will be in place next year. See the idea here -- ideas are expressed heard and voted on by the whole not by some individuals changing things on their own.

Hopefully before this time next year representatives from around the state will get together and decide on 1 State Tournament whether it be in Parkersburg or Clarksburg...where all the coaches make decisions and it is done as fairly as possible for the kid's sake. It is for the kids.

In the mean time let's not bad mouth Clarksburg for the failure of Mountain States Tournament. If Mt State officials had not have played with the ages and weights perhaps they would have had close to 600 wrestler's in Charleston this past weekend...not in Clarksburg. If Coaches and Wrestlers aound the state were in favor of their changes they would have had over 400 wrestlers and Clarksburg would have had to cancel.

March 13, 2000
email: ColletteH@msn.com
comments: I would like to say "Kudos" to SHERMAN NEWBERRY head coach and organizer of the Jefferson Junior Wrestling Assoc. He has done a great job with this youth wrestling program. Registration has almost doubled from previous years the team has achieved several winnings in team competition: 2nd @ Berkely Cnty Bears Tournament 1st @ Mason-Dixon Qualifier 5th @ WV Youth Championship in Clarksburg (missed 4th place by 1 point) and 4th in the Mason-Dixon Tournament. BUT !!! more than the trophies -- Sherman has taught these kids the discipline and integrity it takes to be a good wrestler and a good human being. This is my son's last year with Sherman but he will take with him all that he has learned from "Sherm" over the last few years. Thanks Sherman

March 13, 2000
comments: Congratulations to Dustin Haislip for winning the Championship at the WV Youth Championships this past weekend. Also congratulations on a great season of wrestling. All that hard work pays off. Good luck at the MAWA District tournament in a couple of weeks!

March 13, 2000
comments: Now that another successful wrestling season has came and went with South winning another state title I would like to say aa few words about their coach Tim McCartney. You don't have to be around Tim long to know what kind of person he is and how he feels about youth. You can spot him and his family at any South atheletic event and he plays the part of cheerleader-fan with as much enthusiasm as he coaches wrestling. He gives the credit to the South wrestling success to many other coaches in other levels and most of the credit to his young wrestlers.That is very classy.He also gives all the glory to a greater power than any man his God.South and coach McCartney also have the a very competitive edge in the great assistant coaches that spend tremendous amounts of time and sacrifice huge portions of their lives to the kids. I don't believe that any wrestler can everything from one coach and all this knowledge makes for a very successful program. Thanks and God bless to all the coaches managers and staff that give all us fans a program to be very proud of and easy to support.

March 13, 2000
comments: I guess all the hoop-la about who has the best team South or Oak Glen will be answered on Jan.6 2001 at Oak Glen High School ! I was just informed of this dual by South atheletic director John Flint this past weekend. They are also scheduled for a dual in the 2002 season at South High. Special thanks to the two schools atheletic directors and boosters who help put together this great wrestling event. It should be very croud pleasing to witness ! Also to the Hedgesville fan who wrote in about his school's wrestling schedule not being strong enough in the latter portion of the season--most schools are regulated by atheletic dept. expenses but help may be available through your schools boosters program. I know South has a very strong backing from its boosters and perhaps this could help your school in travel expenses to more competitive areas. Hope this may help in some way.Thanks!

March 13, 2000
A HUGE congratulations to my boys Codie Corie COlton and Colin for an outstanding showing both at States and at Mason Dixon. With 3 state champions a 3rd place state champion 2 Mason Dixon championships and a second place Mason Dixon the boys proved who was best. Again I cannot tell you how proud I am of all you guys and enjoyed the trip this weekend. Luv all you all!
Jim

Current forum and index
Return to the WV-Mat front page