Archer Receives NFHS State Award
February 26, 2016
The State Award for Outstanding Service is presented to individuals to recognize a record of longstanding service and significant contribution to the NFHS within a specific sport or activity.
The WVSSAC is pleased to present Mr. Bill Archer with the 2016 - NFHS State Award for Outstanding Service.
The award is being presented by Mr. Bernie Dolan, Executive Director, and Mr. Ray Londeree, Assistant Executive Director.
Mr. Archer is the Current Principal of St. Joseph Central Catholic High School after retiring as Assistant Principal of Huntington High School 10 years ago. Bill has a BA in Education and 2 Masters Degrees in Educational Administration and Counseling.
Bills accomplishments include:
Bill is a Certified Master Scuba Diver and enjoys farming, reading, and deer hunting.
Bill and his wife Diana have been married for 47 years and are the parents of 2 sons and grandparent of 4.
- 1966 Huntington HS's first State Wrestling Champion
- Marshall University 3 year career all-time wins leader and 2004 Athletic Hall of Fame inductee.
- He coached wrestling for 35 years at Huntington HS with 25 regional championships, 26 individual state champions and a 465-83 dual meet record.
- 3 time West Virginia State Coach of the Year and 2001i'Jational Coach of the Year.
- 42 year Director of WSAZ Invitational Tournament.
- 32 year Director of West Virginia State Tournament.
- Inducted into Huntington HS Hall of Fame in 1993; Greater Huntington Wall of Fame in 2006; and WV Chapter of the USA Wrestling Hall of Fame in 2007.
Return to the WV-Mat front page