AA/A Reg 1 is loaded if this happens.

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
sugarbear

AA/A Reg 1 is loaded if this happens.

Postby sugarbear » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:46 am

wow Reg 1 is loaded and I noticed at least one team missing... I'm assuming you can add Madonna back in Reg 1

Berkeley Springs, Bishop Donahue, Cameron, East Fairmont, Fairmont Senior, Frankfort, Grafton, Hundred, Keyser, Magnolia, North Marion, Oak Glen, Paden City, Paw Paw, Philip Barbour, Ritchie County, St. Mary’s, Tyler Consolidated, Weir, Wheeling Central

Braxton County, Bridgeport, Clay-Battelle, Doddridge County, East Hardy, Elkins, Gilmer County, Harman, Lewis County, Liberty, Lincoln, Moorefield, Notre Dame, Pendleton County, Pickens, Roane County, Robert C Byrd, South Harrison, Trinity Christian, Tucker County, Tygarts Valley, Union, WV School for the Deaf

Bluefield, Charleston Catholic, Clay County, Fayetteville, Greater Beckley Christian, Greenbrier West, Herbert Hoover, Independence, James Monroe, Liberty (R), Mount View, Nicholas County, Oak Hill, Pike View, Pocahontas County, Richwood, River View, Shady Spring, Webster County, Westside, Wyoming East

Buffalo, Calhoun County, Lincoln County, Logan, Mingo Central, Point Pleasant, Nitro, Poca, Ravenswood, Scott, Sherman, Sissonville, St. Joseph, Tolsia, Van, Wayne, Williamstown, Winfield, Wirt

oldgold72

Re: AA/A Reg 1 is loaded if this happens.

Postby oldgold72 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:02 am

That is pretty crazy. Almost seems like the regional tournament would be bigger and better than the state tournament. I don't know, but maybe it's time to combine A/AA with AAA and do a sectional tournament to qualify for regionals and then on to states???

mscoach64

Postby mscoach64 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:07 am

no, but it may be time to split some of AA into the AAA division and some of the AA in the A division.

WVU

Postby WVU » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:13 am

No Madonna? Petersburg?

aacoach57

Postby aacoach57 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:18 am

This is what was sent to AD's from the WVSSAC yesterday, why does that other list have 18 or 19 schools that do not have programs in it?

AA/A
Region I
Berkeley Springs, Bishop Donahue, Cameron, East Fairmont, Fairmont Senior, Frankfort, Keyser,
Madonna, Magnolia, North Marion, Oak Glen, Petersburg, Ritchie County, St. Mary’s, Tyler
Consolidated, Weir, Wheeling Central
Region II
Braxton County, Bridgeport, Clay County, Clay-Battelle, Doddridge County, East Hardy, Elkins,
Grafton, Lewis County, Liberty, Lincoln, Moorefield, Philip Barbour, Roane County, Robert C Byrd,
South Harrison
Region III
Bluefield, Fayetteville, Greenbrier West, Herbert Hoover, Independence, Liberty (R), Meadow Bridge,
Midland Trail, Nicholas County, Oak Hill, Pike View, Richwood, River View, Shady Spring, Webster
County, Wyoming East
Region IV
Buffalo, Calhoun County, Lincoln County, Logan, Mingo Central, Parkersburg Catholic, Point Pleasant,
Nitro, Poca, Ravenswood, Sissonville, St. Joseph, Wahama, Williamstown, Winfield, Wirt

baxter841

Postby baxter841 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:19 am

The wvssac should go to 4 classes. For wrestling have a AA/AAA state championship and a A/AA state championship. The tourney would operate the same way ( 2 classes ) but the 2 classes would be more evenly distributed. The bigger AA's would go up and the smaller AA's would go down. Then of course the regions would be redistributed again and they could correct the flaws. For years the tourney has had 2 classes - I think it should stay that way. In fact - I think the 4 classes would be best for all sports.

Bearhug

Postby Bearhug » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:18 am

Make regionals one big class but have more regions. Then run the the state tournament kind of similar like the OVAC tournament,make it one class, but crown a AAAA/AAA team title and a AA/A team title. Also have an undisputed team title.

aacoach97

Postby aacoach97 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:20 am

aacoach57 I think you forgot Notre Dame from region 2 on you list. I did not see the e-mail but I would assume they are staying in region two with the other Harrison county teams.

aacoach57

Postby aacoach57 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:09 pm

WVSSAC did not put Notre Dame on the list. I just copied and pasted from the PDF they sent out yesterday. The first draft they sent out for review did not have several teams on it.

aacoach97

Postby aacoach97 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:40 pm

Ok didn't mean to question you just one of the teams I noticed

coach_williams

Postby coach_williams » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:35 pm

Looks like Valley HS was left out of region 1 also. I assume the first list is of all schools in a region.

Return to “High School Wrestling”