T J Lambiotte

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
TrueSouthFanInPburg

T J Lambiotte

Postby TrueSouthFanInPburg » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:24 pm

Congradulations to T J Lambiotte for being named the most outstanding wrestler today at the Kent State Wrestling Camp, competing against over 100 wrestlers. He also won the take down tournament.

Bearhugger

Re: T J Lambiotte

Postby Bearhugger » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:09 pm

Is he going to make 170 again this coming season?
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

mattman

Postby mattman » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:30 pm

I hear he weighed in in the low 160s last season so I'm gonna say he makes 170 easily. South is loaded for sure

Gator

Postby Gator » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:11 pm

Great work TJ!
Moderator WV Mat

Truesouthfaninhunt

Postby Truesouthfaninhunt » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:07 am

Great work indeed TJ!

Can't wait till this season starts.
South will be better in the upper weights than they EVER have been.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:50 am

From 170lbs all the way up to 285, South should have kids in the state finals. Only a bad pill draw will stop this.

South will have other finalists of course. I just do not know who will be where from 160 and down.

Gator

Postby Gator » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:30 pm

Drew Dunbar is also the top returning 160 (3rd) from the state tournament last year.
Moderator WV Mat

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:26 pm

These South wrestlers might get byes all the way to the semi finals. Not too many wrestlers left in AAA.

Gator

Postby Gator » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:18 pm

5 of the 35 teams scored 0 points at the state tournament last year, so there is not much difference, except for the teams lost by population. You act like no other teams will challenge South, but they will. You can't belittle what these teams are doing. It's not their fault that the population in the state is dwindling. Either the WVSSAC wakes up and changes the classification numbers or we go back to one class. You seem to think it's a cake walk to finals, but that's not the case either. Lighten up a little there Bear!
Moderator WV Mat

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:04 am

Gator wrote:5 of the 35 teams scored 0 points at the state tournament last year, so there is not much difference, except for the teams lost by population. You act like no other teams will challenge South, but they will. You can't belittle what these teams are doing. It's not their fault that the population in the state is dwindling. Either the WVSSAC wakes up and changes the classification numbers or we go back to one class. You seem to think it's a cake walk to finals, but that's not the case either. Lighten up a little there Bear!

You need to lighten up. I simply made a joke. If I would have joked that South would struggle to win the AAA title, I would have had the Wood county thunder brought down upon me. Now I joke about South's dominance and you are ready to call me out on the mat. I can see its going to be another fun season on the forum. :)

2016/2017, no AAA team will challenge South for the team title. Of course there will be plenty of individuals out there who will be gunning for individual titles. AAA has plenty of champions and runner ups coming back that are scattered across many teams.

Gator

Postby Gator » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:44 am

Didn't you recently post that you don't joke on here?
Moderator WV Mat

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:56 pm

Gator wrote:Didn't you recently post that you don't joke on here?

I am constantly evolving.

Gator

Postby Gator » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:00 pm

That you are Bear!

You need to stop by Parkersburg and let me give you a South shirt.
Moderator WV Mat

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:53 pm

Gator wrote:That you are Bear!

You need to stop by Parkersburg and let me give you a South shirt.

XXL please

TrueSouthFanInPburg

Postby TrueSouthFanInPburg » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:52 pm

T J will be at 170 again this year. I have been training T J and Drew Dunbar at Planet Fitness since April 1st and they are getting stronger and stronger. They will both have a great chance of being state champs. Drew will be at 160 again. I was trainning Jake Martin also and he was doing great , but recently decided to work out at home. Landon Flinn joined our group a couple of weeks ago and is already getting stronger each workout. He will probable be at 138. I know this might sound crazy, but South actually has a chance to have eight state champs. They WILL run away with then team championship and will set a new record for team points and should win by close to 100 points.

mscoach57

Postby mscoach57 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:15 am

Was it last year that the forum had fun when Cabell Midland fan or coach predicted 7 in the finals and had 3 and then did not even finish first in their county? Big predictions are what makes this forum fun to read. Good luck TSFIP

Panther_coach

Postby Panther_coach » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:15 pm

That could be the kiss of death for South if they get all those byes. Happened to me for years in middle school. One year I had 13 starting kids out of 15 get byes in our conference tournament who therefore could not score (along with 6 JV kids with byes who could not knock anyone else out of scoring - always entered 2 full teams + extras) . . . started out over 50 points behind after round one. Hard to make that up! We had eleven champs if I remember right but the team outcome was in doubt until the finals. Thank goodness the coaches and tournament director worked out and voted on a system to double the bonus points for a wrestler who had a first round bye and scored bonus in round two. Even worse we drove to an event near Cinn. one year and 11 of my starting kids did not get to wrestle at all the first night after their parents had driven 4 hours to watch . . . Just say no to byes!
After all is said and done, all was said and done!
I have retired but not expired!

mscoach64

Postby mscoach64 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:55 am

Go to 4 classes in all sports.

AAAA/AAA compete in 1 class

AA/A compete in 1 class.

Or Split all current classes and only take 12 wrestlers per class per weight to the tournament. Each Regional winner gets a 1st round bye and proceed as normal.

ZZChooseTop

Postby ZZChooseTop » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:18 am

So the thread started with a congratulations to Lambiotte for winning OW at Kent went to mscoach57 reminding cabell midland about their poor fortune telling skills then went to Panther Coach doing some soothsaying of his own warning of potential doom for south if they have too many top seeds at state then he throws in a fable reminding us about his legendary coaching prowess when the unthinkable nearly occurred and one of his Milton teams nearly lost because of their superior seeding, now mscoach64 gives the formula for reclassification?

I keep opening this thread when I see a new comment waiting to see something Lambiotte related and these guys keep hijacking his thread. If I were TSFIP I would not stand for this. I think I have seen Moderator Panther Coach admonish people for hijacking threads and changing the original topic.

Good luck to lambiotte this season and congratulations for the OW award. I apologize for the other adults on the thread trying to detract from what should be a thread about your fine accomplishment.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:39 pm

Upon further review, every comment on this thread was either directly or indirectly "Lambiotte" related. There was dialogue about his accomplishments at camp, his current weight, his intended weight class for 2016/2017, his off season weight training, dialogue about his team mates that he will practice with, talk of the AAA state tournament that he will compete in, the impact of the new regions, potential of byes, impact of byes on Lambiotte's team's score, predictions for Lambiotte's team, etc.

Return to “High School Wrestling”