December 21st - Night of Conflict

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Bearhugger

December 21st - Night of Conflict

Postby Bearhugger » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:39 am

Winfield High School, we need your help to save the wrestling season.

1. December 21st is when the greatest TRI match in modern WV wrestling history is scheduled. Parkersburg South vs Independence vs East Fairmont. There will be some of the state's best go 0-2 that night.

2. Winfield High School has also scheduled the "Mom's of Wrestlers" tournament. This sounds like another extravaganza that should be witnessed by all.

Hey Winfield..................can you guys do this thing on December 20th????

Please do not make the state make a choice.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

noshowjoe

Re: December 21st - Night of Conflict

Postby noshowjoe » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:33 pm

They need to bring in the 2nd best team in the state PHS
and make it a quad.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:03 pm

noshowjoe wrote:They need to bring in the 2nd best team in the state PHS
and make it a quad.

Second best AAA team? Sounds good to me. Somebody make it happen.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

MaleMatMaid

Postby MaleMatMaid » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:12 pm

noshowjoe wrote:They need to bring in the 2nd best team in the state PHS
and make it a quad.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

noshowjoe

Postby noshowjoe » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:55 pm

Not the 2nd best team in AAA the 2nd best team in the state.

MaleMatMaid

Postby MaleMatMaid » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:12 pm

noshowjoe wrote:Not the 2nd best team in AAA the 2nd best team in the state.

Get real...you’re pretty funny young man

Truesouthfaninhunt

Postby Truesouthfaninhunt » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:41 pm

Yes, there will be kids go 0-2 that night, however I am going out on a limb and predict that NO one from South will end up 0-2. ( assuming they have all their starters in place).

Diamond

Postby Diamond » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:08 pm

Truesouthfaninhunt wrote:Yes, there will be kids go 0-2 that night, however I am going out on a limb and predict that NO one from South will end up 0-2. ( assuming they have all their starters in place).

It very likely can happen in several weights.

maskedman

Postby maskedman » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:24 pm

Truesouthfaninhunt wrote:Yes, there will be kids go 0-2 that night, however I am going out on a limb and predict that NO one from South will end up 0-2. ( assuming they have all their starters in place).

You my friend are an exact reason of why you can't even qualify for OVAC duals and then whine about it later. If you have a great thing going, be humble and others would respect you, be a self proclaimed arrogant elitist and people will shun you. Comment not just for you but also the remainder of your cronies that find it impossible to show any professionalism what so ever. The only thing you do is take credit away from the south wrestlers from your alligator mouth constantly overriding your canary a$$.

Hope you have someone go 0 and 2 so you can get on here and complain how they were cheated, the referee was unfair or whatever other excuse you can come up with, besides showing humility and maturity and not discrediting wrestlers from other teams that may have worked harder or God forbid not be from South but are just better than what your team had.

Here comes the delete post and ban as someone else is sick of of the arrogance of a few.

ZZChooseTop

Postby ZZChooseTop » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:18 pm

maskedman wrote:

You my friend are an exact reason of why you can't even qualify for OVAC duals and then whine about it later. If you have a great thing going, be humble and others would respect you, be a self proclaimed arrogant elitist and people will shun you. Comment not just for you but also the remainder of your cronies that find it impossible to show any professionalism what so ever. The only thing you do is take credit away from the south wrestlers from your alligator mouth constantly overriding your canary a$$.

Hope you have someone go 0 and 2 so you can get on here and complain how they were cheated, the referee was unfair or whatever other excuse you can come up with, besides showing humility and maturity and not discrediting wrestlers from other teams that may have worked harder or God forbid not be from South but are just better than what your team had.

Here comes the delete post and ban as someone else is sick of of the arrogance of a few.

I get what you're slingin but you overstate your argument. If the reason ovac teams won't schedule a dual against south is because of anonymous message board posters then those coaches are cowards. East fairmont has a few people who go overboard. Hate to say it but so does Indy sometimes. I think it causes neutral fans to root against a team when people are obnoxious on here but I would hope that it doesn't affect coaches choosing who to schedule. As far as I am concerned, whether south beats us or not we are still a step ahead of the teams who are afraid to schedule them.

Diamond

Postby Diamond » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:55 am

ZZChooseTop wrote:
maskedman wrote:

I get what you're slingin but you overstate your argument. If the reason ovac teams won't schedule a dual against south is because of anonymous message board posters then those coaches are cowards. East fairmont has a few people who go overboard. Hate to say it but so does Indy sometimes. I think it causes neutral fans to root against a team when people are obnoxious on here but I would hope that it doesn't affect coaches choosing who to schedule. As far as I am concerned, whether south beats us or not we are still a step ahead of the teams who are afraid to schedule them.

ZZ you and masked man make some strong, truthful points. Your
last sentence is relevant to a statement I made earlier regarding the team aspect. While there are teams that would rather dodge the embarrassment, some of those lesser teams have wrestlers that would wax your best. However, most get hung up on team scores so 1 win out of 14 generally means nothing. Wrestling is not football, some people(usually the ones who’s kid is less than average but are part of a dominant team) can rationalize how good their kid is through the teams success. I do not like football for this reason nor do I like those who view wrestling this way. But...it’s never gonna change. Wrestling in my opinion is an individual sport and too much emphasis is put on the team.

maskedman

Postby maskedman » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:44 am

Choose another tree with stronger limbs next time.

Return to “High School Wrestling”