WSAZ Online Brackets

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
WrestlingFan1
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:08 am

WSAZ Online Brackets

Postby WrestlingFan1 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:46 am

This year the WSAZ tournament brackets and scoring were online. I thought it went well. Just wondering what everyone else thought, opinions?

Whizzer
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:33 am

Re: WSAZ Online Brackets

Postby Whizzer » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:12 am

Fantastic..! Made the tournament much more enjoyable!

aaacoach89
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:23 pm

Re: WSAZ Online Brackets

Postby aaacoach89 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:54 am

Loved it!!! Much easier for the wrestlers to know when they are coming up, when to warm up, and what mat to report to. Made it easier on the coaches to not have to go searching for your wrestler. Scoring was easy to find, brackets were easier to follow. All around, it made the tournament better.

Underdog3382
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:57 pm

Re: WSAZ Online Brackets

Postby Underdog3382 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:41 am

Loved it. Made everything much more enjoyable. Knew exactly who was wrestling and where.

ZZChooseTop
Posts: 262
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:01 am

Re: WSAZ Online Brackets

Postby ZZChooseTop » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:50 am

As a fan I appreciated it

NhsMom
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:26 pm

Re: WSAZ Online Brackets

Postby NhsMom » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:41 pm

As a parent and a fan, I would have appreciated a little more info on how to use it and what to find where. We were trying to follow th live B.B. and it was much easier to help the kids get where they needed when we were shown the find team functionality and what it did. We have multiple freshman and 1st year wrestlers who needed some guidance and when the coaches were with another kid in the floor, we were helping to coordinate.

Other than that, it was great. And not hearing the “on deck” and “results” announcements throughout the day made it more enjoyable

Bearhugger
Posts: 3253
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:14 am

Re: WSAZ Online Brackets

Postby Bearhugger » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:56 pm

The online brackets and the screens on the walls were nothing but a 100% positive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everybody I was around all weekend knew what was going on with the brackets, team scoring, etc. This helped keep people involved throughout the tournament.

I suspect and hope we will have all of these resources at the state tournament also.

I truly believe that enhancements like this will help fan involvement in the sport. It helps everybody know what is going on while it is going on.

The security scanning at the front door was good too!

Great job to all involved!!!!!
Bringing balance to the forum, one post at a time.

aacoach30
Posts: 365
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:49 pm

Re: WSAZ Online Brackets

Postby aacoach30 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:43 pm

Bearhugger wrote:The online brackets and the screens on the walls were nothing but a 100% positive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everybody I was around all weekend knew what was going on with the brackets, team scoring, etc. This helped keep people involved throughout the tournament.

I suspect and hope we will have all of these resources at the state tournament also.

I truly believe that enhancements like this will help fan involvement in the sport. It helps everybody know what is going on while it is going on.

The security scanning at the front door was good too!

Great job to all involved!!!!!



I could not agree more. It was my understanding that a lot of credit needs to go out to Coach John Dempsey for the new program. Well done!

Jchap8750
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:44 pm

Re: WSAZ Online Brackets

Postby Jchap8750 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:53 pm

I think it made it much easier on the coaches having this online so that the parents in the stands could tell all the kids when they were wrestling. Kids were at the mat where they were supposed to wrestle without having to track them down. I learned about the live B.B at finals time, wish I had known about it for the whole tournament so I would’ve known who was wrestling on every mat. Not sure what it cost to have that program but it was nice.

Truesouthfaninhunt
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:17 pm

Re: WSAZ Online Brackets

Postby Truesouthfaninhunt » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:16 am

Too many fans/coaches/wrestlers milling around on the arena floor next to the mats blocking the view of the fans in the stands. No floor security personnel and efforts to control this via PA announcements were futile and eventually abandoned resulting in fans/coaches/wrestlers milling around inches from the mats on Saturday.

mscoach134
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:44 pm

Re: WSAZ Online Brackets

Postby mscoach134 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:58 pm

As a coach i thought going to the electronic / online brackets was a great move. It allowed me to easily track what mats my kids were on and going to be on, easily keep tabs on the results of other teams and wrestlers, as well as team scores, and have access to constantly updated brackets not only for my middle school boys, but the high school side of things as well. Big shout out to everyone involved in the implementation of this program and those who run the tournament. Ran very smoothly! Job well done, guys !

WrestlingFan1
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:08 am

Re: WSAZ Online Brackets

Postby WrestlingFan1 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:10 pm

Truesouthfaninhunt wrote:Too many fans/coaches/wrestlers milling around on the arena floor next to the mats blocking the view of the fans in the stands. No floor security personnel and efforts to control this via PA announcements were futile and eventually abandoned resulting in fans/coaches/wrestlers milling around inches from the mats on Saturday.

I don't understand what this has to do with the online brackets.

mattman
Posts: 245
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:21 am

Re: WSAZ Online Brackets

Postby mattman » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:35 pm

Personally I like the bout system. Each individual weight assigned a mat and bout number would Simplify the tournament structure. High school kids can comprehend the system but I noticed middle school kids running to the mat and strapping their singlets seconds before the match. It was ok for high school but some new 6-7th graders didnt have a clue what mat or when they were to wrestle. As usual Huntington and staff put on a great tournament.

Bearhugger
Posts: 3253
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:14 am

Re: WSAZ Online Brackets

Postby Bearhugger » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:36 pm

WrestlingFan1 wrote:
Truesouthfaninhunt wrote:Too many fans/coaches/wrestlers milling around on the arena floor next to the mats blocking the view of the fans in the stands. No floor security personnel and efforts to control this via PA announcements were futile and eventually abandoned resulting in fans/coaches/wrestlers milling around inches from the mats on Saturday.

I don't understand what this has to do with the online brackets.


From where I was sitting, I never thought one single time that anybody on the floor was in my way.
Bringing balance to the forum, one post at a time.

Bearhugger
Posts: 3253
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:14 am

Re: WSAZ Online Brackets

Postby Bearhugger » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:40 pm

mattman wrote:Personally I like the bout system. Each individual weight assigned a mat and bout number would Simplify the tournament structure. High school kids can comprehend the system but I noticed middle school kids running to the mat and strapping their singlets seconds before the match. It was ok for high school but some new 6-7th graders didnt have a clue what mat or when they were to wrestle. As usual Huntington and staff put on a great tournament.


I must question where the coaches were if there were 6th and 7th graders clueless during the tournament. Being a good coach means being a good leader and getting your best troops ready and in the right place at the right time. The rent is due everyday, even for coaches.
Bringing balance to the forum, one post at a time.

mattman
Posts: 245
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:21 am

Re: WSAZ Online Brackets

Postby mattman » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:09 pm

Bearhugger wrote:
mattman wrote:Personally I like the bout system. Each individual weight assigned a mat and bout number would Simplify the tournament structure. High school kids can comprehend the system but I noticed middle school kids running to the mat and strapping their singlets seconds before the match. It was ok for high school but some new 6-7th graders didnt have a clue what mat or when they were to wrestle. As usual Huntington and staff put on a great tournament.


I must question where the coaches were if there were 6th and 7th graders clueless during the tournament. Being a good coach means being a good leader and getting your best troops ready and in the right place at the right time. The rent is due everyday, even for coaches.
hugger, you have 3 coaches and 25 wrestlers in which 2-3 in the same weight class and one in the championship round and two in the consolation round. It was confusing especially when you have 2-3 kids wrestling and 3-4 on deck or in the hole. The bout number system and weight class assignments are much easier imo


Return to “High School Wrestling”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aaacoach56, hoswvu and 31 guests