2018-19 season acknowledgement

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
aacoach105

2018-19 season acknowledgement

Postby aacoach105 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:27 pm

A special thanks to all those who organized, officiated, and assisted in hosting the State Tournament. The tournament transitioned efficiently from weigh ins thru awards.
It was a great weekend of catching up with fellow coaches from all over the state. The current coaches should take pride in the talent and sportsmanship on display this weekend. A big shout out to Parkersburg South, Point Pleasants, and Greenbrier West on their respective championships. Over the past three years, It has been a daunting task for Ryan and I to fill a team. This collective group of coaches, amongst others, have created competitive and reproducible programs worthy of the awards in hand leaving the arena Saturday night.
Congratulations to all competitors. I hope all participants inched closer or achieved their individual wrestling goals. More importantly, I hope they all walk away from this season a better person because of the sport.
Lastly, thanks to all parents and fans. Please, continue to support and promote this great sport. The accumulative demands of the sport can weigh on each competitor and coach by seasons end. Positive actions will go a long way in growing this sport in West Virginia.

Best wishes to everyone for a healthy offseason and future.

Chris Courtney D.O.
Bridgeport Wrestling

forthekids

Re: 2018-19 season acknowledgement

Postby forthekids » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:49 pm

Well said, Coach!

bearfan

Postby bearfan » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:50 pm

A class act as always Doc!

wv16refgk

Postby wv16refgk » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:55 am

As always I am impressed by the great sportsmanship, outstanding commentary, and true love for the sport of wrestling that Dr. Courtney has!! From his days wrestling to today he has always been and will always be one of the great supporters of our great sport of wrestling!!! I congratulate him for his ability to always show the class and actions of a true sportsman whether it's as a coach, competitor, or a true fan of our great sport!! Thanks for the memories and the great sportsmanship, that's what it's all about!!!!!!! GK

aacoach105

Postby aacoach105 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:16 am

Appreciate all the comments. Since returning back into the sport, as a coach and parent, I have learned first hand of the time commitments and emotional ebbs and flows a season delivers. My intentions were just to thank all involved for keeping the heartbeat alive. I know many of the individuals dedicating their time to organize and officiate have reflected on many of the negative threads on this site. I felt a positive thread couldn’t hurt. I am by all means worn out by the end of the season. However, one week removed from my wrestlers I am already thinking of ways to grow the program.

Best wishes,

Chris Courtney
Bridgeport Wrestling
Christopher D. Courtney D.O.
Bridgeport High School Wrestling

mscoach90

Postby mscoach90 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:09 pm

"As always I am impressed by the great sportsmanship, outstanding commentary, and true love for the sport of wrestling that Dr. Courtney has!! From his days wrestling to today he has always been and will always be one of the great supporters of our great sport of wrestling!!! I congratulate him for his ability to always show the class and actions of a true sportsman whether it's as a coach, competitor, or a true fan of our great sport!! Thanks for the memories and the great sportsmanship, that's what it's all about!!!!!!! GK"

Agreed !!!
The program reflects that.

Return to “High School Wrestling”