Hampshire Minus 3

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Bearhugger

Hampshire Minus 3

Postby Bearhugger » Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:58 am

In looking at the AAA final team standings, I see that Hampshire finished with -3 team points.

Did they not win a match and then lose 3 teams points along the way?
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

Pottstd

Re: Hampshire Minus 3

Postby Pottstd » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:51 am

I believe that had several wrestlers advance and win matches. I know one lost in the bloodround and was understandably upset. He took several actions that the ref took team points for and ultimately was ejected from the tournament (thus they lost all of the points he had gained up to that point). Resulting in their negative score. I'm not sure if they lost any other points or anything.

KDunbar

Re: Hampshire Minus 3

Postby KDunbar » Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:06 pm

Didn't witness and wasn't aware of an incident leading to the negative team score, so I looked it up. According to the official final brackets on the state tournament page there appears to be only 3 wrestlers in the tournament from Hampshire, Helmes-Evans at 126, Goodwater at 220, and Staub at 285. The first two went 0-2 and did not score any team points and the third scored a major decision in the champ bracket for three points and then lost, moving to the consolations and scored a pin for three team points before losing his next match. The brackets do not show anybody as having been disqualified.

Return to “High School Wrestling”