AA/A 106 Rankings Oversight

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
coach_williams

Re: AA/A 106 Rankings Oversight

Postby coach_williams » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:43 am

Bearhugger wrote:I hope Cassucio is brought down to the National Guard Duals in Beckley. I hope EF puts him in and then moves Murderer's Row Up in weight. I hope they meet up with Braxton County. I am sure we will have more believer's after that.

Nothing would please me more than for us to face EF. It wouldn't change my opinion about JV wrestlers being in states. Giving JV wrestlers an easier path to states smells too much like participation trophies to me.

Also, for some reason people seem to think I am saying something about this specific kid from EF. I don't know why. I have spoken generally about JV wrestlers the entire time.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:55 pm

coach_williams wrote:
Bearhugger wrote:I hope Cassucio is brought down to the National Guard Duals in Beckley. I hope EF puts him in and then moves Murderer's Row Up in weight. I hope they meet up with Braxton County. I am sure we will have more believer's after that.

Nothing would please me more than for us to face EF. It wouldn't change my opinion about JV wrestlers being in states. Giving JV wrestlers an easier path to states smells too much like participation trophies to me.

Also, for some reason people seem to think I am saying something about this specific kid from EF. I don't know why. I have spoken generally about JV wrestlers the entire time.

I hope Cassucio and many other WV 106'ers go to NHSCA Nationals.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

P.H.D.

Postby P.H.D. » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:20 pm

Its a bad situation all around. So you cant win a varsity spot on your team but you are likely the #2 wrestler in the state? So you get to sit home and watch 7 other wrestlers that you can beat stand as state placers? I'm not a big team fan simply because I see so many on our team do nothing to get better. Kids quit or don't return that the team counted on. A jv kid can fill a vacancy and cost the team 6 points every time out though. A kid on our team will stand on the podium because the rule says...meanwhile the kid who waxed him earlier in the season is ineligible. I see both sides but its an individual sport too and my opinion is that the BEST wrestlers should be in the state bracket.

mike.carman

Postby mike.carman » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:17 pm

Bearhugger wrote:
coach_williams wrote:

This is the exception and not the rule. Typically, there is another weight class they can move to. In this case there isn't. I feel for him but on the other hand, he has a great situation as far as practice is concerned. Hopefully these guys spread out and are able to get everyone in the lineup some way in the future.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:35 pm

mike.carman wrote:
Bearhugger wrote:
coach_williams wrote:

This is the exception and not the rule. Typically, there is another weight class they can move to. In this case there isn't. I feel for him but on the other hand, he has a great situation as far as practice is concerned. Hopefully these guys spread out and are able to get everyone in the lineup some way in the future.

If they JV could enter the regional tournaments, only the exceptions would qualify, unless there are less than 4 wrestlers.

A great practice situation indeed. However, we only go through life one time. All kids only go through high school for four years.

On another note, I was looking this morning at JM's schedule to see when they meet up with Parkersburg. It appears the two schools will not meet until the state tournament. I bet you can figure out why I was looking.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

mike.carman

Postby mike.carman » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:23 pm

Bearhugger wrote:
mike.carman wrote:
Bearhugger wrote:

If they JV could enter the regional tournaments, only the exceptions would qualify, unless there are less than 4 wrestlers.

A great practice situation indeed. However, we only go through life one time. All kids only go through high school for four years.

On another note, I was looking this morning at JM's schedule to see when they meet up with Parkersburg. It appears the two schools will not meet until the state tournament. I bet you can figure out why I was looking.

Enlighten me.

P.H.D.

Postby P.H.D. » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:07 pm

mike.carman wrote:
Bearhugger wrote:
mike.carman wrote:

Enlighten me.

He wanted to see who Anthony was gonna beat. Lol

P.H.D.

Postby P.H.D. » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:07 am

Sorry I went from 106 to 138. Mike.Carman fault.

Return to “High School Wrestling”