AA/A teams to watch out for

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Eersfan

AA/A teams to watch out for

Postby Eersfan » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:50 am

What's the AA/A teams to watch out for this year?

WrestlingFan1

Re: AA/A teams to watch out for

Postby WrestlingFan1 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:53 pm

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Independence.

Eersfan

Postby Eersfan » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:28 pm

WrestlingFan1 wrote:I'm going to go out on a limb and say Independence.

LoL!!!! That's not exactly a surprise. I have to agree with you tho.

FBISURVALINCEVAN1

Postby FBISURVALINCEVAN1 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:11 pm

Point should have a decent team this season.Wort could surprise some this season to.
My top three though.
1.East Fairmont
2.Independance
3.Point Pleasant

Eersfan

Postby Eersfan » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:15 pm

FBISURVALINCEVAN1 wrote:Point should have a decent team this season.Wort could surprise some this season to.
My top three though.
1.East Fairmont
2.Independance
3.Point Pleasant

East Fairmont over Independence? That could be a tall order but not impossible. I agree tho that all 3 teams will be strong.

FBISURVALINCEVAN1

Postby FBISURVALINCEVAN1 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:27 pm

Eersfan wrote:
FBISURVALINCEVAN1 wrote:Point should have a decent team this season.Wort could surprise some this season to.
My top three though.
1.East Fairmont
2.Independance
3.Point Pleasant

East Fairmont over Independence? That could be a tall order but not impossible. I agree tho that all 3 teams will be strong.

If East gets casucio in the lignup which I think they will. Murders row will extend to 5. Word is East also has an in county transfer that was a qualifier and placer as a freshman and sophomore respectively but sat out last year due to injury I believe.

It will be nice to see what Indy’s lignup turns out like.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:08 pm

I thought we were going to get a good preview on December 21st with Indy vs EF. Now I am hearing many of the Indy wrestlers are going to Winfield High School to cheer their moms on at the "Moms of Wrestlers" tournament.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

Eersfan

Postby Eersfan » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:30 am

Bearhugger wrote:I thought we were going to get a good preview on December 21st with Indy vs EF. Now I am hearing many of the Indy wrestlers are going to Winfield High School to cheer their moms on at the "Moms of Wrestlers" tournament.

We can always count on you bearhugger for a good laugh! :D

dunbar76

Postby dunbar76 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:43 pm

Hissam out for EF for a while with a broken thumb.

Gator

Postby Gator » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:47 pm

Bearhugger wrote:I thought we were going to get a good preview on December 21st with Indy vs EF. Now I am hearing many of the Indy wrestlers are going to Winfield High School to cheer their moms on at the "Moms of Wrestlers" tournament.

Now I'm torn about where to be on 12/21! Thanks Bear!
Moderator WV Mat

Diamond

Postby Diamond » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:45 am

I’m not a huge team fan. I think it takes away from the great wrestlers that are on teams without a full roster or do not have many committed wrestlers. It’s kinda like a football team, you got some in tow and some that can compensate. AA/A had 2 of the 3 undefeated wrestlers last year but only 1 was on a championship team.
Great job men!
Noah Hodges Grafton
Noah Adams Independence *
Cameron Pine Washington

I must acknowledge there would be many more undefeated but some teams do really put a challenging schedule together, usually against teams out of state.

ZZChooseTop

Postby ZZChooseTop » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:41 am

Pains me to say it but indy is best dual team and east fairmont is best tournament team this year.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:32 am

ZZChooseTop wrote:Pains me to say it but indy is best dual team and east fairmont is best tournament team this year.

Shall we interpret this as your pick is East Fairmont to win the state tournament?

ZZChooseTop

Postby ZZChooseTop » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:52 pm

Unfortunately yes Flip of last year. Indy wins the dual, murderers row wins in Huntington. Won't be sad if I am wrong

Frank

Postby Frank » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:21 pm

ZZChooseTop wrote:Unfortunately yes Flip of last year. Indy wins the dual, murderers row wins in Huntington. Won't be sad if I am wrong

I hope your half right, but like I posted several years ago if you want to keep your money bet on the coalfields.

ZZChooseTop

Postby ZZChooseTop » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:31 pm

Frank wrote:
ZZChooseTop wrote:Unfortunately yes Flip of last year. Indy wins the dual, murderers row wins in Huntington. Won't be sad if I am wrong

I hope your half right, but like I posted several years ago if you want to keep your money bet on the coalfields.

Your advice darn near bankrupted me that year. There are coal mines in Marion County but Raleigh County ones are still my favorite.

Frank

Postby Frank » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:35 pm

ZZChooseTop wrote:
Frank wrote:

Your advice darn near bankrupted me that year. There are coal mines in Marion County but Raleigh County ones are still my favorite.

Trust me, I m sure of it this time.
I couldn't be wrong twice

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:58 pm

The rivalry between Independence and East Fairmont will make the season both fun and interesting. Here are a few points of interest:

1. Getting the best on varsity. Last season, both schools had "state podium worthy" wrestlers on the B team. This could happen again this season if these kids don't put down the Zebra Cakes and pick up the spinach salads.

2. Staying healthy. Both schools have top wrestlers NOW coming off of injuries and/or on light duty.

3. Surviving the season's competition. Independence is clearly wrestling the toughest schedule that have probably ever faced.

4. Qualifying through the regional tournaments. Independence is a heavy hitter within region 3 and could qualify 100% of their team. East Fairmont will win region 1. However, region 1 will be filled with some bad, very bad dudes that will rough up some of EF's guys. I can also see some ranked EF wrestlers possibly NOT qualifying for the state tournament. It happened last season. Could happen again in 2018.

5. Moon and the Stars lining up. Before the season kicks off, I think it is fair to say that East Fairmont is really going to need almost everything go great for them and Independence is going to really have to have things go bad in order for the Coal City Express to get derailed. Murderer's Row hopefully will expand to the "Bee Hive Five. However, Murderer's Row collectively placed higher in Huntington than their Indy counterparts, in 3 out of 4 weight classes. It wasn't enough. The Bee Hive Five is going to need a lot of help from their other nine teammates. These teammates are going to have to knock off quite a few returning state champions and/or place winners.

I hope everybody on both teams gets and stays healthy and on weight. I will conclude with the prediction that the dual will be tighter than any tournament competition between the two schools.

Gator

Postby Gator » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:50 pm

I’m glad we get to see both these teams at the ROAC, one month from today!
Moderator WV Mat

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:07 pm

Gator wrote:I’m glad we get to see both these teams at the ROAC, one month from today!

The motion was made on another topic to get PHS invited and make it a quad.

Frank

Postby Frank » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:34 pm

Indy is cancelling, we just found out that Golden Girls is coming back on and will be aired that night.

Return to “High School Wrestling”