OVAC Rankings

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
shaggy71

OVAC Rankings

Postby shaggy71 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:11 am

http://www.ovaec.org/2018/individual_rankings.htm

I will be typing off and on today, enjoy!

guard0544

Re: OVAC Rankings

Postby guard0544 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:30 pm

Are those based on your best guess at who is in each weight class?

fairgame

Postby fairgame » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:07 pm

Kinda early isn’t it

shaggy71

Postby shaggy71 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:53 pm

I have received some lineups from the coaches, and those i did not received i guessed.

No its not to early, I have released my rankings in Thanksgiving for many years now.

The 1st OVAC Contest is Dec 2nd at Union Local

noshowjoe

Postby noshowjoe » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:26 am

Thank you for your time and effort shaggy71.
Going to be some great matchups at 132 152 and 160.

shaggy71

Postby shaggy71 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:19 am

no problem Noshowjoe

and yes i hope those weights stay the same should be some great action come January!

MaleMatMaid

Postby MaleMatMaid » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:48 am

shaggy71 wrote:no problem Noshowjoe

and yes i hope those weights stay the same should be some great action come January!

I doubt those weights, especially 152 will stay the same. Otherwise, the ovac will miss out on a 4 time champion. Boo hoo :cry:

Truesouthfaninhunt

Postby Truesouthfaninhunt » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:28 pm

Yes, 152 is a tad off.

TheDonald

Postby TheDonald » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:45 am

Would have to agree with the MaleMatMaid on this one. Have a funny feeling someone will be going to 145.

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:12 pm

Hopefully we can stay respectful to all the wrestlers ranked at 152. They all deserve our respect. Being a 3 time WV state champ and other wins in your career deserves it. Being a 3 time OVAC champ and an Ohio state runnerup deserves it. The only way to rank the OVAC 152 class is to put the defending champion first and the new challenger 2nd. They haven't met recently enough to provide any history to affect this. If they're lucky, or wrestle good enough, they could meet in about 2 weeks at the Ironman. That would be a great championship final.

Bucktail

Postby Bucktail » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:51 pm

Hubbard signed an NLI to wrestle at Ohio State.... If Tom Ryan thinks he is good enough to wrestle there, why would he try to duck Humphries? I don't believe he will. What are you basing that on?

MaleMatMaid

Postby MaleMatMaid » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:52 pm

Bucktail wrote:Hubbard signed an NLI to wrestle at Ohio State.... If Tom Ryan thinks he is good enough to wrestle there, why would he try to duck Humphries? I don't believe he will. What are you basing that on?

I am sure that he is good enough. But basing it on past results, past behavior from a particular team from OH and just the plain simple fact that the Humphreys kid is on a total different level. Also basing that off his past resume of course. Hubbard will win 145 or 160 but not 152. NOT being critical, just being honest. Sorry if that makes people uncomfortable

coach_williams

Postby coach_williams » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 pm

Did Humphreys never place at OVACs

Gator

Postby Gator » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:37 pm

This is Josh’s first year wrestling in the OVAC.
Moderator WV Mat

coach_williams

Postby coach_williams » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:15 pm

Gator wrote:This is Josh’s first year wrestling in the OVAC.

I guess that is what is confusing me. He wrestled for PS the last 3 years and PS won the OVAC each of those years, but I couldn't find him in the brackets anywhere. Why has he not competed at OVACs for PS before? No doubt he would be about to embark on an attempt for his 4th OVAC championship if he had.

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:37 pm

MaleMatMaid wrote:
Bucktail wrote:Hubbard signed an NLI to wrestle at Ohio State.... If Tom Ryan thinks he is good enough to wrestle there, why would he try to duck Humphries? I don't believe he will. What are you basing that on?

I am sure that he is good enough. But basing it on past results, past behavior from a particular team from OH and just the plain simple fact that the Humphreys kid is on a total different level. Also basing that off his past resume of course. Hubbard will win 145 or 160 but not 152. NOT being critical, just being honest. Sorry if that makes people uncomfortable

It's not that we question whether you're being honest. Of course saying what you think is being honest. It's just that the rest of us are on a totally different level than you. As I stated before, let's give respect to those that have earned it.

Muskee

Postby Muskee » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:47 pm

This is his first year wrestling for PS.

NhsMom

Postby NhsMom » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:52 pm

coach_williams wrote:
Gator wrote:This is Josh’s first year wrestling in the OVAC.

I guess that is what is confusing me. He wrestled for PS the last 3 years and PS won the OVAC each of those years, but I couldn't find him in the brackets anywhere. Why has he not competed at OVACs for PS before? No doubt he would be about to embark on an attempt for his 4th OVAC championship if he had.

He wrestled for St. Albans the last two years

ZZChooseTop

Postby ZZChooseTop » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:28 pm

I don't know how Shaggy can do all of these when poor Magna145 doesn't know what weight his son will wrestle. Thank you Shaggy for your hard work. It is usually a thankless job.
While many of us are at WSAZ, if the Humphreys and Hubbard match does happen will there be a facebook live from the south faithful or will JW have it as part of his viewing package? The match would be a good one.

magna145

Postby magna145 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:00 pm

ZZChooseTop wrote:I don't know how Shaggy can do all of these when poor Magna145 doesn't know what weight his son will wrestle. Thank you Shaggy for your hard work. It is usually a thankless job.
While many of us are at WSAZ, if the Humphreys and Hubbard match does happen will there be a facebook live from the south faithful or will JW have it as part of his viewing package? The match would be a good one.

True dat! At least they’ve narrowed it down to one of two weight classes this week. Hahaha

Wmc2

Postby Wmc2 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:44 pm

Both kids are studs, I hope the match happens. Would be a shame if we don’t get to see it.
I also wanted to see Hoover and Amos but that’s not happening now, different weights.

MaleMatMaid

Postby MaleMatMaid » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:05 am

KDunbar wrote:
MaleMatMaid wrote:

It's not that we question whether you're being honest. Of course saying what you think is being honest. It's just that the rest of us are on a totally different level than you. As I stated before, let's give respect to those that have earned it.

Clearly you're not smelling what I'm cooking. I'm giving respect to the kid, just not the school. But I'm giving more respect to Humphreys. Don't get upset about it

aacoach124

Postby aacoach124 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:18 am

Humphreys won the state wrestling for Huntington in the 106 pound class as a freshman. Never went past the first round at the state tournament that season. Won the 120# title his junior year for St. Albans. And last year while wrestling for St.Albans he won the 145# state title and was AAA MOW. Just a brief recent history for the heavy favorite to win this years Dutton.

coach_williams

Postby coach_williams » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:25 am

I overlooked that he was at StA. That clears it all up for me. Thanks.

mike.carman

Postby mike.carman » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:00 am

All this bickering over Humphreys and Hubbard is pointless. That's why matches are wrestled. Final rankings will come out as the season progresses and we will know if they will wrestle or not. A lot of the kids need moved from one weight class to another. This is just a preliminary ranking.

aaacoach90

Postby aaacoach90 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:06 am

aacoach124 wrote:Humphreys won the state wrestling for Huntington in the 106 pound class as a freshman. Never went past the first round at the state tournament that season. Won the 120# title his junior year for St. Albans. And last year while wrestling for St.Albans he won the 145# state title and was AAA MOW. Just a brief recent history for the heavy favorite to win this years Dutton.

He was a freshman 106 Champ HHS
Sophomore 120 Champ SAHS
Junior 145 Champ SAHS
And Im predicting Sr. 152 Champ PSH

Gator

Postby Gator » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:11 am

I’ve talked with Josh since his Freshman year and he is a great young man. It never mattered what singlet he wore.
Moderator WV Mat

J.W.

Postby J.W. » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:18 pm

ZZChooseTop wrote:I don't know how Shaggy can do all of these when poor Magna145 doesn't know what weight his son will wrestle. Thank you Shaggy for your hard work. It is usually a thankless job.

No probably not on my end. 1. I will be at WSAZ. 2. To do any match is costly. I spent quite a bit of money on the camera, the mixer, the headsets, but the delivery method will still cost money. Too many people made it evident that they thought I was trying to make a buck that I will more than gladly pull out from doing any matches. I was just trying figure out a way to fund it for all those that might have been interested in seeing more wrestling around the state. Maybe somebody else with deeper pockets can jump on this journey.

I still believe it would help to grow and promote wrestling here in WV.

P.H.D.

Postby P.H.D. » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:50 pm

J.W. wrote:

No probably not on my end. 1. I will be at WSAZ. 2. To do any match is costly. I spent quite a bit of money on the camera, the mixer, the headsets, but the delivery method will still cost money. Too many people made it evident that they thought I was trying to make a buck that I will more than gladly pull out from doing any matches. I was just trying figure out a way to fund it for all those that might have been interested in seeing more wrestling around the state. Maybe somebody else with deeper pockets can jump on this journey.

You certainly should not let a few anonymous jagoffs discourage you from your plan. Flo isn’t free, if you wanna see what they are broadcasting then you pay or you don’t. Judging from their success, someone is paying. I’ve liked your idea from the start. There is definitely a market for it. I think if you can provide the content with a user friendly interface it’d be bigger than you expect almost immediately.

coach_williams

Postby coach_williams » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:37 pm

P.H.D. wrote:
J.W. wrote:

You certainly should not let a few anonymous jagoffs discourage you from your plan. Flo isn’t free, if you wanna see what they are broadcasting then you pay or you don’t. Judging from their success, someone is paying. I’ve liked your idea from the start. There is definitely a market for it. I think if you can provide the content with a user friendly interface it’d be bigger than you expect almost immediately.

Agreed.

Return to “High School Wrestling”