Ethics with Talent vs Dedication

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
shemailman

Re: Ethics with Talent vs Dedication

Postby shemailman » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:14 pm

More curious in the team...still.
"Trans people deserve something vital; they deserve your respect. From that respect comes a more compassionate community."

-Caitlyn Jenner

Repoman1304

Postby Repoman1304 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:29 pm

Be glad your kid is healthy enough to wrestle! I would be happy if mine could participate at all this year it is his senior year and he is a talented young man. Your son may be the hardest working kid there is but he is on a team and the coach has to do what is best for the team. I hate it that you have hard feelings but it's been my experience with kids that we adults are usually the one that creates the hard feelings not the kids and when they know we have hard feelings toward a coach it makes it hard on them they don't want to go against their parents and really don't have any hard feelings toward the coach except the ones the parents are feeling.. just my two cents and they're not worth that much...

vortexfan

Postby vortexfan » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:15 am

Bearhugger wrote:
vortexfan wrote:
coach_williams wrote:vortex I feel sorry for that senior. You are presenting yourself as a supporter of him, yet even you don't think he can beat out this "new talent". Hopefully his coach has more faith in him than you do.

With that said, a coach who has watched a kid be a part of the team for four years, but never crack the starting lineup, is supposed to just give him a starting position rather than recruit someone to compete for the spot? That would be a pretty poor coach in my opinion. A good coach creates competition in the wrestling room which makes for better wrestlers on Saturday which helps the team win.

Coach not trying to argue about your post but you mentioned giving him a starting position was not the case, he had starting position but after season started coach recruited to see that it doesn’t happen.

What weight class is this wrestler? I know a school that needs a 132 and a 220.

Thanks for the concern and idea if that but neither of those weight classes

vortexfan

Postby vortexfan » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:22 am

Repoman1304 wrote:Be glad your kid is healthy enough to wrestle! I would be happy if mine could participate at all this year it is his senior year and he is a talented young man. Your son may be the hardest working kid there is but he is on a team and the coach has to do what is best for the team. I hate it that you have hard feelings but it's been my experience with kids that we adults are usually the one that creates the hard feelings not the kids and when they know we have hard feelings toward a coach it makes it hard on them they don't want to go against their parents and really don't have any hard feelings toward the coach except the ones the parents are feeling.. just my two cents and they're not worth that much...

Good post! Not my kid just know what went on with this situation and it was not right for this kids sake and other mediocre wrestlers on this team that has potential see this. (What did coach gain in long run)? This kid again worked very hard off season, participated for all booster fund raisers and practiced and lifted off season. This team doesn’t need much help.

vortexfan

Postby vortexfan » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:25 am

shemailman wrote:More curious in the team...still.

Sorry been counting my participation trophies!

ZZChooseTop

Postby ZZChooseTop » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:05 am

This has happened at hwt many times on local teams and feathers sometimes get ruffled. I can think of a situation where a kid has wrestled hwt for years and according to family and friends he is "dedicated" but doesn't wrestle off season tournaments doesn't do freestyle or greco parents do not help with anything but the kid is a good kid that everyone likes and he does make the occasional appearance at a summer practice plus he does lift if you count whatever workout he and his daddy do together (havent seen a gain in high school). Along comes a physically mature football player that the wrestling coach and football coach talk into wrestling and he doesn't show up until after season has started. Johnny Football wins the wrestle off and suddenly the parents who were never around when help was needed are at the coach/principal/ad/board office. Kid quits and talks a lot like vortex is now.

Almost the same scenario and I sided with the coaches then and from vortexes similar description I side with his or her coaches as well. I hope vortex's son decides to compete. The question remains unanswered so I think I know, are we saying that vortex's victim doesn't have the ability to win his weight class nor the one above or below? So either vortex's son wrestles for Blair or vortex's son probably isn't as dedicated as we're led to believe.

Vortex, did your victim wrestle off season? Freestyle? Come to practice consistently? How many wrestle offs had occurred before the new guy appeared? I have commented many times, bearhugger has had countless threads dedicated to the fact that wrestling coaches need to scour the halls to make wv wrestling better. Now yours does and he's unloyal. I truly mean it when I say best of luck and I hope the child finds a positive adult voice or you can change yours.

vortexfan

Postby vortexfan » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:50 am

ZZChooseTop wrote:This has happened at hwt many times on local teams and feathers sometimes get ruffled. I can think of a situation where a kid has wrestled hwt for years and according to family and friends he is "dedicated" but doesn't wrestle off season tournaments doesn't do freestyle or greco parents do not help with anything but the kid is a good kid that everyone likes and he does make the occasional appearance at a summer practice plus he does lift if you count whatever workout he and his daddy do together (havent seen a gain in high school). Along comes a physically mature football player that the wrestling coach and football coach talk into wrestling and he doesn't show up until after season has started. Johnny Football wins the wrestle off and suddenly the parents who were never around when help was needed are at the coach/principal/ad/board office. Kid quits and talks a lot like vortex is now.

Almost the same scenario and I sided with the coaches then and from vortexes similar description I side with his or her coaches as well. I hope vortex's son decides to compete. The question remains unanswered so I think I know, are we saying that vortex's victim doesn't have the ability to win his weight class nor the one above or below? So either vortex's son wrestles for Blair or vortex's son probably isn't as dedicated as we're led to believe.

Vortex, did your victim wrestle off season? Freestyle? Come to practice consistently? How many wrestle offs had occurred before the new guy appeared? I have commented many times, bearhugger has had countless threads dedicated to the fact that wrestling coaches need to scour the halls to make wv wrestling better. Now yours does and he's unloyal. I truly mean it when I say best of luck and I hope the child finds a positive adult voice or you can change yours.

Pretty good post if your scenarios were accurate but they are not. Not my son (again)! This kid wrestled all summer long, lifted etc...

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:49 am

I think the victim wrestler should just decide to kick the recruited wrestler's A$$.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

vortexfan

Postby vortexfan » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:04 pm

Bearhugger wrote:I think the victim wrestler should just decide to kick the recruited wrestler's A$$.

That is a good one

Sunshine&Butterflies

Postby Sunshine&Butterflies » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:27 pm

Why cant we all just get along? :geek: :D
"Can't we all just get along"

- Rodney King

shemailman

Postby shemailman » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:10 pm

vortexfan wrote:

Well it shouldn't take you very long to count to three.
"Trans people deserve something vital; they deserve your respect. From that respect comes a more compassionate community."

-Caitlyn Jenner

vortexfan

Postby vortexfan » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:19 pm

shemailman wrote:
vortexfan wrote:

Thanks for not being negative :roll: but I have more than three and still counting!

shemailman

Postby shemailman » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:08 pm

vortexfan wrote:
shemailman wrote:
vortexfan wrote:

Thanks for not being negative :roll: but I have more than three and still counting!

Congrats on your abundance of participation trophies :lol: :lol:

-Caitlyn Jenner

vortexfan

Postby vortexfan » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:06 pm

shemailman wrote:
vortexfan wrote:
shemailman wrote:

Congrats on your abundance of participation trophies :lol: :lol:

Well thank you! As a tribute to Jim Nabors SHAZZAAM! GOLLY! THANK YA THANK YA THANK YA!

Return to “High School Wrestling”