Spring Mills 106

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Bearhugger

Spring Mills 106

Postby Bearhugger » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:47 pm

Initial reports indicate that Spring Mills has a pretty tough guy at 106. Who is this unknown grappler??????
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

aacoach109

Re: Spring Mills 106

Postby aacoach109 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:06 pm

He's not unknown. Its Micael Dolan from Iron Eagles. He did not have a MS program at his school but is well known in youth wrestling. Hard Working kid with a great attitude. He will do well this year.

mike.carman

Postby mike.carman » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:14 pm

aacoach109 wrote:He's not unknown. Its Micael Dolan from Iron Eagles. He did not have a MS program at his school but is well known in youth wrestling. Hard Working kid with a great attitude. He will do well this year.

Very well known youth wrestler. He will absolutely do well this year. Good luck to him.

greencrush

Postby greencrush » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:21 am

His name popped up a few times.
It will be interesting to see how he handles the increase,in weight class. ~84 lbs last year, to 106 this year. 108 after JAN1, and 110 by the last day of the state tournament.
BIG jump.
sentenceseller

aacoach109

Postby aacoach109 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:37 am

He came into the season at 110 and in wrestling shape. His weight wont be a weakness.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:07 pm

Mr. Dolan has already scored a big win this season. I wouldn't know him if he walked past me, but I know he is ready to shake things up at 106 in AAA. Good luck.

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:09 am

Since the only Spring Mills match result is against Berkley Springs, I assume this is the 106 match being referred to. However, since no individual results are posted, could you please elaborate on the results and the wrestlers involved in the match you are referring to. Thanks.

baxter841

Postby baxter841 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:51 am

from trackwrestling

Dylan Kincell (East Fairmont Hs) over Roy Brannon (Spring Mills HS) (DQ)
Nathan Kotsko (East Fairmont Hs) over Chad Hammond (Spring Mills HS) (Fall 0:00)
Grant Postlethwait (East Fairmont Hs) over Desmond Tucker (Spring Mills HS) (Fall 0:00)
Jacob Ogden (East Fairmont Hs) over Unknown (For.)
Nathan Gerau (East Fairmont Hs) over Nathan Stiffler (Spring Mills HS) (MD 14-1)
Fazon Hunter (Spring Mills HS) over Hal Phillips (East Fairmont Hs) (Inj. [time])
Michael Dolan (Spring Mills HS) over Geno Casuccio (East Fairmont Hs) (Dec 6-5)
Blake Whorton (East Fairmont Hs) over Jake McCarren (Spring Mills HS) (MD 14-0)
Cole Laya (East Fairmont Hs) over Unknown (For.)
Brock Whorton (East Fairmont Hs) over Hunter Dodson (Spring Mills HS) (Fall 0:00)
Lane Flint (East Fairmont Hs) over Unknown (For.)
Khaleb Fazenbaker (East Fairmont Hs) over Unknown (For.)
Dylan Burks (East Fairmont Hs) over Unknown (For.)
Dimarrian Thomas (East Fairmont Hs) over Javier Diaz (Spring Mills HS) (Fall 0:00)

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:28 pm

Thanks.

baxter841

Postby baxter841 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:35 pm

Joe did Mr Dolan do this weekend?

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:37 am

1st place

Qualityshots

Postby Qualityshots » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:26 pm

M Dolan has been around for quite some time making his way through the ranks of the Mason Dixon Area then onto the national level. Im more of a AA kinda guy but with Spring Mills right next to me I gotta follow them. He was coached by Regabutto from Iron Eagles so he has been battle tested for sure. He is a major contender. If Coach Bennett was still at Spring Mills I would have laid money on a championship.

ZZChooseTop

Postby ZZChooseTop » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:20 pm

Qualityshots wrote:M Dolan has been around for quite some time making his way through the ranks of the Mason Dixon Area then onto the national level. Im more of a AA kinda guy but with Spring Mills right next to me I gotta follow them. He was coached by Regabutto from Iron Eagles so he has been battle tested for sure. He is a major contender. If Coach Bennett was still at Spring Mills I would have laid money on a championship.

If he is a product of Coach Regalbuto then I have no doubt that he is the favorite. Like Miller and Pine I would expect Coach Regalbuto would tell us that if he were from Parkersburg he would be ranked first.

Good luck to this young man although I bet in AAA he won't need any luck!

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:49 pm

The Winner's Choice is on my agenda. Mr. Dolan will be on the watch list. It appears that Holt/St. Albans and Donahue/PHS are at 113.

noshowjoe

Postby noshowjoe » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:17 pm

I wonder what ZZChooseTop is getting PHS and South for christmas.

ZZChooseTop

Postby ZZChooseTop » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:40 pm

noshowjoe wrote:I wonder what ZZChooseTop is getting PHS and South for christmas.

A lump of coal. I'm only a Parkersburg fan when they are at national tournaments representing WV.
I poke fun at regalbuto comment because as a proud West Virginian I like to believe that our kids EARN their rankings. Regalbuto wouldn't have told Noah or jacob that their rankings were because of favoritism, they earned it. He wouldn't say that to amos or humphries this year for the same reason. When the Parkersburg boys and Hall did good at ironman I was happy for them. I wish it was our kids too. I have deleted past posts of mine making fun of Regalbuto quotes in the past because it looked like I was making fun of Miller pine and now Dolan and it isn't the kids fault that their youth coach makes excuses.

SimpleFan

Postby SimpleFan » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:30 am

ZZChooseTop wrote:
noshowjoe wrote:I wonder what ZZChooseTop is getting PHS and South for christmas.

A lump of coal. I'm only a Parkersburg fan when they are at national tournaments representing WV.
I poke fun at regalbuto comment because as a proud West Virginian I like to believe that our kids EARN their rankings. Regalbuto wouldn't have told Noah or jacob that their rankings were because of favoritism, they earned it. He wouldn't say that to amos or humphries this year for the same reason. When the Parkersburg boys and Hall did good at ironman I was happy for them. I wish it was our kids too. I have deleted past posts of mine making fun of Regalbuto quotes in the past because it looked like I was making fun of Miller pine and now Dolan and it isn't the kids fault that their youth coach makes excuses.

I believe its safe to say those comments were not made by Regalbuto. The screen name you are referring to too, was in fact, a fake screen name using a part of the Regalbuto name to make comments. For those of us who know Anthony, we know he is a person of class and character. He and his coaching staff have done a great job representing West Virginia in national competitions. To say anything else outside of Regalbuto being a positive influence to the State of West Virginia's wrestling would nothing short of pure ignorance.

ZZChooseTop

Postby ZZChooseTop » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:10 pm

SimpleFan wrote:
ZZChooseTop wrote:

I believe its

Code: Select all

[color=#FF0040]safe to say [/color]
those comments were not made by Regalbuto. The screen name you are referring to too, was in fact, a fake screen name using a part of the Regalbuto name to make comments. For those of us who know Anthony, we know he is a person of class and character. He and his coaching staff have done a great job representing West Virginia in national competitions. To say anything else outside of Regalbuto being a positive influence to the State of West Virginia's wrestling would nothing short of pure ignorance.

"Safe to say"? Challenge accepted. I think you may be confused.

See the Top 6 thread.
Ironeagles signs in and says that he is not regalbeaglebluto (that's your reference to a fake name) and that people should stop using a name similar to his, establishing to most reasonable people that Regalbuto is using the Ironeagles username (otherwise how would Ironeagles know that Reagalbuto was not regalbeaglebluto)?

Ironeagles (the name Regalbuto uses to clarify that he isn't regalbeaglebluto) makes the comment that Miller has dominated since he was a baby and doesn’t get the notoriety that a Parkersburg kid would. (and unlike Ironeagles I do not want to take anything away from "The Animal" he is a great wrestler and seems like a great kid).

I am neither for nor against the Parkersburg kids. I root for them when they go to national tournaments but if you look at my history you will find that I get annoyed by the constant reference to South on even the A/AA threads. Unlike Ironeagles I do think that when a kid in WV gets ranked we should all be happy for them. As a proud West Virginian I like to believe that all of our kids EARN their rankings. Ironeagles had wrestlers at Super 32, how did they do? Did they dominate? Did they deserve more recognition than the Parkersburg wrestlers who placed?

Appreciate you sticking up for your coach but now that it is "Safe to Say" that you don't know as much about the comments as you thought, I will stick with my thoughts that his comments were not very nice nor were they accurate and I will let you be the judge of "pure ignorance".

To save you some time, here are the posts

Re: TOP 6
Just wanted to clarify something about the username regalbeaglebluto posts that is not Anthony Regalbuto. As I do like positive talk about eastern panhandle kids and Miller and pine coming up thru our system. So maybe get a better username that fits your own not someone else's. thanks
by Ironeagles

Well Miller answers again. Bumped up to 120 against wood 11-0. Like I said there is nobody in wv at his weight On his level. So let's just please let it rest he has dominated wv wrestling since he was a baby he just doesn't get the notoriety a Parkersburg kid would

by Ironeagles

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:58 pm

In reading the thoughts about these comments I would like to add something to the mix. I am originally from Parkersburg and also a Parkersburg fan (but primarily a wrestling fan). I wonder if the "notoriety" comment was actually meant to be as negative as maybe it seems. I do think that if a wrestler is from Parkersburg that they may get the benefit of the doubt that they are probably good (just like the wrestlers from Independence and East Fairmont over the recent years). There is an underlying bias that way maybe. However, in the end the ranking they get and the place they arrive at, like everyone else, they have to earn.

SimpleFan

Postby SimpleFan » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:28 am

ZZChooseTop wrote:
SimpleFan wrote:
ZZChooseTop wrote:A lump of coal. I'm only a Parkersburg fan when they are at national tournaments representing WV.

I believe its

those comments were not made by Regalbuto. The screen name you are referring to too, was in fact, a fake screen name using a part of the Regalbuto name to make comments. For those of us who know Anthony, we know he is a person of class and character. He and his coaching staff have done a great job representing West Virginia in national competitions. To say anything else outside of Regalbuto being a positive influence to the State of West Virginia's wrestling would nothing short of pure ignorance.

See the Top 6 thread.
Ironeagles signs in and says that he is not regalbeaglebluto (that's your reference to a fake name) and that people should stop using a name similar to his, establishing to most reasonable people that Regalbuto is using the Ironeagles username (otherwise how would Ironeagles know that Reagalbuto was not regalbeaglebluto)?

Ironeagles (the name Regalbuto uses to clarify that he isn't regalbeaglebluto) makes the comment that Miller has dominated since he was a baby and doesn’t get the notoriety that a Parkersburg kid would. (and unlike Ironeagles I do not want to take anything away from "The Animal" he is a great wrestler and seems like a great kid).

I am neither for nor against the Parkersburg kids. I root for them when they go to national tournaments but if you look at my history you will find that I get annoyed by the constant reference to South on even the A/AA threads. Unlike Ironeagles I do think that when a kid in WV gets ranked we should all be happy for them. As a proud West Virginian I like to believe that all of our kids EARN their rankings. Ironeagles had wrestlers at Super 32, how did they do? Did they dominate? Did they deserve more recognition than the Parkersburg wrestlers who placed?

Appreciate you sticking up for your coach but now that it is "Safe to Say" that you don't know as much about the comments as you thought, I will stick with my thoughts that his comments were not very nice nor were they accurate and I will let you be the judge of "pure ignorance".

Just wanted to clarify something about the username regalbeaglebluto posts that is not Anthony Regalbuto. As I do like positive talk about eastern panhandle kids and Miller and pine coming up thru our system. So maybe get a better username that fits your own not someone else's. thanks
by Ironeagles

Well Miller answers again. Bumped up to 120 against wood 11-0. Like I said there is nobody in wv at his weight On his level. So let's just please let it rest he has dominated wv wrestling since he was a baby he just doesn't get the notoriety a Parkersburg kid would

by Ironeagles

Thank you your well thoughtout reply. I appreciate when a person puts so much passion into proving they’re right, when in fact, it doesn’t prove anything. Facts are that the screenname regalbeaglebluto was not Regalbuto. Any MOD can clarify that if you need. How would anyone know that is not him? )?: You did it for us: Re: TOP 6
by Ironeagles

So you basically answered your owe question. Thank you for that. Last year, Miller’s closest match at the state tournament was 9-1, so I would chaulk that up as a dominate showing, but that’s just me, so I would tend to agree with Ironeagles comment, but again that is just me. As far as the Parkersburg wrestlers comment, I believe each wrestler earns what they are given, plain and simple. I route for any kid from WV at national tournaments. I truly wish more would attend the bigger tournaments, but it is what it is. The Iron Eagle wrestling program sent three (3) wrestlers to Super 32: Patrick Jackson, Matthew Dolan, and Joeisa Sykes. Jackson finished first place (1st), Dolan finished third (3rd), and Sykes finished sixth (6th). Three wrestlers sent. Three wrestlers placed. Your replay will be more “well that’s it? Why didn’t they send more”?, well they didn’t and I can’t answer that, but from those numbers it’s a fairly solid showing in my opinion. Regalbuto isnt’t my coach, and never has been. I know the program, and I know the coaches. I merely stated my opinion, as did yourself, and it’s pretty safe to say, you don’t know the facts about what comes out of your mouth at times. After looking at your recent posts, you seem to have some bad feelings towards either Regalbuto, or the eastern panhandle itself, which is can be most recently observed in the “South Wrestling Nationally Ranked” thread where you stated “Hope you are wrong but if the state listens to ironeagle south won't have to recruit the good kids from the eastern panhandle, they will move there to get the recognition that they deserve.” At the end of the day, let the tournaments and duals dictate the rankings, after all the season is just a warm up for regionals and states, and for the love of God, please learn how to type with proper punctuation. Cheers

njh

Postby njh » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:07 pm

ZZChooseTop wrote:
SimpleFan wrote:
ZZChooseTop wrote:A lump of coal. I'm only a Parkersburg fan when they are at national tournaments representing WV.

I believe its

See the Top 6 thread.

by Ironeagles

by Ironeagles

This is a lot of fuss over a freshman with a couple of wins under his belt and a rookie ("youth coach that makes excuses") head coach from the eastern panhandle.

Nothing he said was "not nice." He didn't say anything to put down anyone. He's was trying to highlight Miller, and the fact that a kid coming out of the Eastern Panhandle has to do more to gain notoriety than someone from the western part of the state. This was an absolutely accurate statement by him, because the basis of this entire thread is the "unknown grappler" from Spring Mills at 106. Dolan is a multiple time WV state champion at the youth level! He shouldn't be unknown by anyone in the state at that point. Now, if you want a hint about real unknown in the state, the 138 from Berkeley Springs.

We can talk about niceness and accuracy all you want, but the fact is... this forum loves rankings. Anytime you want to rank anything, you are going to get differing opinions. I think Coach Regalbuto was trying to make a point about what he thought about the ranking of this forum. (even though he said nothing of ranking... which has a different meaning than notoriety) He ended up being correct, no? Miller was the state champion if my memory serves me right.

ZZChooseTop

Postby ZZChooseTop » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:20 pm

Dominant in AAA absolutely! Less than dominant in the State of WV

113 Lbs: 1140: Liam Lusher, Independence DEC Joey Miller, Musselman 9-7

Which goes to show that the sun does not rise and set in AAA. WV has good kids at all divisions and classifications. So if your kid isn't ranked, don't blame geography, work harder and try tournaments where there is some risk and reward.

"The Iron Eagle wrestling program sent three (3) wrestlers to Super 32: Patrick Jackson, Matthew Dolan, and Joeisa Sykes. Jackson finished first place (1st), Dolan finished third (3rd), and Sykes finished sixth (6th). Three wrestlers sent. Three wrestlers placed."

For the sake of argument I just pulled up the Super32.com site and cannot find the three young men you speak of under WV entries. Do they live in another state? I am all for giving a kid proper respect for things that he or she has earned, unlike the previously referenced coach I will not make comments to lessen a child's accomplishments nor will I make excuses when one falls short.

Why is it that you don't mention Miller and Pine as Ironeagles when it comes to Super 32? They are arguably the crown jewels of the program.

I do not have an anti eastern panhandle bias and I loved to watch Regalbuto wrestle when he was in high school. This isn't my fight. I don't have anyone wrestling for Parkersburg, I don't live in Parkersburg, and I don't root for Parkersburg. Regalbuto's comment rubbed me the wrong way because it sure appeared to do something that I don't think he did as a wrestler, make excuses. I have watched wrestlers down here work their butts off to get ranked and no one from Parkersburg or anywhere else could take that away from them. When his fanboys defend him by first saying it wasn't him and then later acknowledging that it was but that it wasn't what he meant perpetuates the excuse making.
I hope a lot of kids from WV end the season ranked. I hope they are from all parts of the state. But if the only one ranked is from Oak Glen you will not hear me or anyone down here complaining about northern panhandle bias.
Merry Christmas and stay strong Iron eagle

Qualityshots

Postby Qualityshots » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:19 am

I think I need to clarify something, Im from the eastern panhandle and follow EPH wrestling. When I saw the posting for "Spring Mills 106" I read it and then responded with

Post by Qualityshots » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:26 pm

M Dolan has been around for quite some time making his way through the ranks of the Mason Dixon Area then onto the national level. Im more of a AA kinda guy but with Spring Mills right next to me I gotta follow them. He was coached by Regabutto from Iron Eagles so he has been battle tested for sure. He is a major contender. If Coach Bennett was still at Spring Mills I would have laid money on a championship.

When I posted this I didnt realize that Coach R was the head coach. All I knew was that Darrell Bennett was not the coach there anymore. Im a huge fan of Bennett (My son would not have been a State Champ if not for him) Furthermore I am a huge fan of the Iron Eagles and coach R and what he has done for the EPH. Im jumping on the band wagon of NJH when he talked about the 138 from BSHS (Zimmerman) he is clearly an unknown.

Return to “High School Wrestling”