2017 - 2018 A/AA Watch List

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
maskedman

2017 - 2018 A/AA Watch List

Postby maskedman » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:25 pm

2017-2018 A/AA Watch List

Disclaimer: This is not a rankings post....yet! This is an initial view of how each weight class is shaping up, with little in the results category, a lot of gossip in the forums, hearsay and scuttle butt, and some grape vine information, this is the initial Maskedman Report of the season.

Now to assist in making this a better list, we will need some “Wisdom of the Crowd”. If you are an emotional coach that feels strongly about a wrestler on your team...speak up so we can follow the wrestler. If you are the proud parent and think your wrestler deserves to be in the list, let me know. If you are an angry wrestling mom; speak up, I love the angry, loud wrestling mom's too. They keep the stands interesting. So help this list grow over the Christmas break!

With that being said, here is what I know as of now.

106 Watch List:

Casuccio – East Fairmont
Cornell – Point Pleasant
Sanders – Independence
Allman - Grafton

113 Watch List:

Hodges – Grafton
Whorton – East Fairmont
Short – Point Pleasant
Perdue – Independence

120 Watch List:

Laya – East Fairmont
Smith – Point Pleasant
Skaggs – Grafton
Dawson – Independence
Gibson - Bridgeport

126 Watch List:

Whorton – East Fairmont
Lusher – Independence
Stover – Herbert Hoover
Freeman – Point Pleasant
Brewer – Fairmont Senior
Spaulding – Ritchie County

132 Watch List:

Hall – Oak Glen
Rea - Weir
Flint – East Fairmont
Taylor – Independence
Dennison – Braxton

138 Watch List:

Harris – Independence
Cook - Madonna
Wright - Oak Glen
Fazenbaker – East Fairmont
Trigg - Bluefield
Pumphrey – Frankfort
Dixon – Keyser
Vincent – Braxton

145 Watch List:

Hart – Independence
Davis – Berkley Springs
Whiting – Roane County
Burks - East Fairmont
Williams - Grafton
Courtney - Bridgeport
Recrosio - Madonna
Creese - Oak Glen
Mackey - Cameron
Swirl- Petersburg
Dennison - Braxton

152 Watch List:

Harvey – Independence
Mitchell - Lewis County
Reichard – Roane
Thomas – East Fairmont
Simms - Cameron
Kiszka - Frankfort
Gibson - Bridgeport
Conley - Braxton
Scott - Fairmont Senior

160 Watch List:

Gibson – Independence
Mundey – Berkley Springs
Kincell – East Fairmont
Kessler – Greenbrier West
Van Meter – Moorefield
Hineman – Bridgeport
Pullins - Fayetteville

170 Watch List:
Kotsko – East Fairmont
Patterson – Greenbrier West
Devaney – Nitro
Williams - Braxton
Moore – Wirt
Cousins - Frankfort

182 Watch List:

Daniels – Independence
Cook - Madonna
Burgess – Petersburg
Jenkins - Moorefield

195 Watch List:

Moomau – Petersburg
Hale - Winfield
Frampton – Nitro

220 Watch List:

Summers – Bridgeport
Gunnoe – Independence
Bailey – Herbert Hoover
Conaway – North Marion

285 Watch List:

Frazier – Fairmont Senior
Ware – Grafton
Chipps – Tyler

Again, this is not a rankings list, but a watch list, requires valuable input from the readers to assist those following the sport when big match ups may take place. If you know someone who needs to be on this list, post it and they can be added.

Merry Christmas to all; and to all Good Luck!
Last edited by maskedman on Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:11 am, edited 22 times in total.

Bearhugger

Re: 2017 - 2018 A/AA Watch List

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:37 pm

maskedman wrote:2017-2018 A/AA Watch List

Disclaimer: This is not a rankings post....yet! This is an initial view of how each weight class is shaping up, with little in the results category, a lot of gossip in the forums, hearsay and scuttle butt, and some grape vine information, this is the initial Maskedman Report of the season.

Now to assist in making this a better list, we will need some “Wisdom of the Crowd”. If you are an emotional coach that feels strongly about a wrestler on your team...speak up so we can follow the wrestler. If you are the proud parent and think your wrestler deserves to be in the list, let me know. If you are an angry wrestling mom; speak up, I love the angry, loud wrestling mom's too. They keep the stands interesting. So help this list grow over the Christmas break!

106: East Fairmont's Geno Casuccio is off to an outstanding start with his only loss coming in an OT to AAA opponent. As rumor has it, this match was filled with sparks and fireworks both on and off the mat. Cornell from Point Pleasant is back at 106 in a lineup that is loaded with light weight talent. Sanders from Independence did not compete on the 21st as most expected, but will leave his name here for now as we wait and see what the unkown status is for him. Information received says that both East and Point have B teamers that are capable of wrestling with anyone in this weight class also.

106 Watch List:

Casuccio – East Fairmont
Cornell – Point Pleasant
Sanders – Independence
???

113: State Champion Noah Hodges from Grafton is now at 113 pounds following his undefeated season from last year. He will be challenged by Blake Whorton from East Fairmont who took him to the wire at the Big 10 finals and is off to a great start at 113. Point Pleasants line up as of now has a freshman that has grown from middle school and in the right room for practice partners. Independence also has talent in this weight class. Who else is here that can make a run?

113 Watch List:

Hodges – Grafton
Whorton – East Fairmont
Short – Point Pleasant
Perdue – Independence

120: Cole Laya from East Fairmont appears to be the heavy favorite as a Senior in this weight class with plenty of experience at the state tournament. Early opposition has not looked to close the gap in their first meeting in Dawson from Independence. Point Pleasant's line up come February could have many shuffles, but expecting to see two time finalist George Smith fill the spot. Skaggs from Grafton should heal up and land here also.

120 Watch List:

Laya – East Fairmont
Smith – Point Pleasant
Skaggs – Grafton
Dawson – Independence

126: Brock Whorton is back at 126 for East Fairmont and has taken the early lead as the favorite also being a three time finalist and two time winner. He edged out Lusher in their December 21st meeting. Point Pleasant's Freeman is off to a good early freshmen campaign and Fairmont Senior's Brewer is making his final run at 126. I also look to see Herbert Hoover's Stover start his descent down from 132 to 126 in the near future. We will see if I am right? Give me some more names for this weight class.

126 Watch List:

Whorton – East Fairmont
Lusher – Independence
Stover – Herbert Hoover
Freeman – Point Pleasant
Brewer – Fairmont Senior

132: Alot can be said of an MOW possible weight class here if it remained as the rumor mills has it, but I expect and will predict change. Looking for confirmation over the next few weeks, unless somebody can confirm early. Hall from Oak Glen is my early prediction leader. Great off-season schedule and results. Some say Rea will be here, but as I have heard there are three Gladiators that train together that if their coaches allow, will separate to allow all three to make a run. Hunter Taylor will return as the state champion of this weight class, along with a growth spurt and much more intense state placer in Lane Flint. This weight class will be fun to watch to see how things shake out.

132 Watch List:

Hall – Oak Glen
Flint – East Fairmont
Taylor – Independence
Dennison – Braxton

138: Again, I am making an assumption as Rea has wins at 132 and 138 on the season, that he can handle his weight and strength at both weight classes that he lands here to make a Gladiator run at the state tournament. He will be followed by Tanner Harris who has been close and looking for a state title on the way out of high school. Fazenbaker from East Fairmont did not fair well against Harris, but put on a show in an 11-9 battle with Parkersburg South's Luke Martin. He is dangerous when he gets going.

138 Watch List:

Rea – Weir
Harris – Independence
Pumphrey – Frankfort
Dixon – Keyser
Recrosio - Madonna
Vincent – Braxton

145: My final assumption of the three Gladiators is that Madonna's Alex Cook lands here to make another run at the state finals. Also here is Alex Hart from Independence that just finished a big weekend for the holidays scoring wins over South, East and knocking off nationally ranked Xander Whitehurst from Christiansburg. This weight class is sure to have some others coming after their top spot on the podium.

145 Watch List:

Hart – Independence
Cook – Madonna
Davis – Berkley Springs
Whiting – Roane County

152: Another returning state champion at his previous weight class with Heagan Harvey leading the weight class early on. A freshmen from Moorefield in Isaac Van Meter is off to a great early season start. Reichard from Roane Co has always been a tough out and capable of winning a big match. More to follow as this weight class shapes up with input from the state.

152 Watch List:

Harvey – Independence
Van Meter – Moorefield
Reichard – Roane
Thomas – East Fairmont

160: There is a lot of talent in this weight class that could be a spot light in Huntington. Conner Gibson bring two state titles up from 145 to 160 this year. His early season performance shows that he can handle the weight change. Mundey from Berkley Springs had a great run last year and looks to seek out the finals again. Kincell from East Fairmont is a two-time state place winner and looks to improve as he comes down from 170 last season.

160 Watch List:

Gibson – Independence
Mundey – Berkley Springs
Kincell – East Fairmont
Mitchell – Lewis County
Hineman – Bridgeport

170: Kotsko from East Fairmont looked great at the South, East, Indy Tri. Research will show that he has been very successful but plagued by late season injuries. He appears healthy and on track in the early season. Moorefield's Jenkins has looked good early on also. Patterson from Greenbrier West had an outstanding year last year and will be in the hunt again this season at 170.

170 Watch List:
Kotsko – East Fairmont
Jenkins – Moorefield
Devaney – Nitro
Moore – Wirt

182: Adam Daniels from Independence moves up from his third place finish at 170 to 182. He is joined by Blake Miller from Preston County who has looked physical at this weight. I am sure there are a lot more top talents at this weight, just need help identifying them.

182 Watch List:

Daniels – Independence
Miller – Preston County
Burgess – Petersburg

195: Jackson Moomau moves up from his state championship at 170 to 195, looks like a 220. Paul Frampton from Nitro will look to challenge along with Cook from Madonna. Again, I am sure there are many more, will stand by for input from the fans.

195 Watch List:

Moomau – Petersburg
Frampton – Nitro
Cook – Madonna

220: Some space opened here with graduations from last season. Some names I know and some I don't appear here, but looks like a weight class that is open for anyone to take charge. Early season results appear to be the following:

220 Watch List:

Summers – Bridgeport
Gunnoe – Independence
Bailey – Herbert Hoover
Conaway – North Marion
Masters – Fairmont Senior

285: Returning State Champion Zach Frazier is back again, and will be for two more years to follow. He will make a run to be the first four time Heavyweight State Champion I believe. Correct me if I am wrong. This weight class does have some challengers but it remains his seat until beaten. Who else is out there.

285 Watch List:

Ware – Grafton
Chipps – Tyler

Again, this is not a rankings list, but a watch list, requires valuable input from the readers to assist those following the sport when big match ups may take place. If you know someone who needs to be on this list, post it and they can be added.

I have read down through the 106 pound weight class and stopped. I figured I better make a few comments.

1. I like what you are doing and I plan to finish (and comment more).
2. I saw the video of the Cassucio match mentioned. The referee was clearly on a witch hunt. The match was close, so both wrestlers are evenly matched. This situation had nothing to do with the schools or the wrestlers. I repeat, it was a witch hunt.
3. Sanders has strep throat.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:44 pm

106: East Fairmont's Geno Casuccio is off to an outstanding start with his only loss coming in an OT to AAA opponent. As rumor has it, this match was filled with sparks and fireworks both on and off the mat. Cornell from Point Pleasant is back at 106 in a lineup that is loaded with light weight talent. Sanders from Independence did not compete on the 21st as most expected, but will leave his name here for now as we wait and see what the unkown status is for him. Information received says that both East and Point have B teamers that are capable of wrestling with anyone in this weight class also.

106 Watch List:

Casuccio – East Fairmont
Cornell – Point Pleasant
Sanders – Independence
???

113: State Champion Noah Hodges from Grafton is now at 113 pounds following his undefeated season from last year. He will be challenged by Blake Whorton from East Fairmont who took him to the wire at the Big 10 finals and is off to a great start at 113. Point Pleasants line up as of now has a freshman that has grown from middle school and in the right room for practice partners. Independence also has talent in this weight class. Who else is here that can make a run?

113 Watch List:

Hodges – Grafton
Whorton – East Fairmont
Short – Point Pleasant
Perdue – Independence

120: Cole Laya from East Fairmont appears to be the heavy favorite as a Senior in this weight class with plenty of experience at the state tournament. Early opposition has not looked to close the gap in their first meeting in Dawson from Independence. Point Pleasant's line up come February could have many shuffles, but expecting to see two time finalist George Smith fill the spot. Skaggs from Grafton should heal up and land here also.

120 Watch List:

Laya – East Fairmont
Smith – Point Pleasant
Skaggs – Grafton
Dawson – Independence

126: Brock Whorton is back at 126 for East Fairmont and has taken the early lead as the favorite also being a three time finalist and two time winner. He edged out Lusher in their December 21st meeting. Point Pleasant's Freeman is off to a good early freshmen campaign and Fairmont Senior's Brewer is making his final run at 126. I also look to see Herbert Hoover's Stover start his descent down from 132 to 126 in the near future. We will see if I am right? Give me some more names for this weight class.

126 Watch List:

Whorton – East Fairmont
Lusher – Independence
Stover – Herbert Hoover
Freeman – Point Pleasant
Brewer – Fairmont Senior

132: Alot can be said of an MOW possible weight class here if it remained as the rumor mills has it, but I expect and will predict change. Looking for confirmation over the next few weeks, unless somebody can confirm early. Hall from Oak Glen is my early prediction leader. Great off-season schedule and results. Some say Rea will be here, but as I have heard there are three Gladiators that train together that if their coaches allow, will separate to allow all three to make a run. Hunter Taylor will return as the state champion of this weight class, along with a growth spurt and much more intense state placer in Lane Flint. This weight class will be fun to watch to see how things shake out.

132 Watch List:

Hall – Oak Glen
Flint – East Fairmont
Taylor – Independence
Dennison – Braxton

138: Again, I am making an assumption as Rea has wins at 132 and 138 on the season, that he can handle his weight and strength at both weight classes that he lands here to make a Gladiator run at the state tournament. He will be followed by Tanner Harris who has been close and looking for a state title on the way out of high school. Fazenbaker from East Fairmont did not fair well against Harris, but put on a show in an 11-9 battle with Parkersburg South's Luke Martin. He is dangerous when he gets going.

138 Watch List:

Rea – Weir
Harris – Independence
Pumphrey – Frankfort
Dixon – Keyser
Recrosio - Madonna
Vincent – Braxton

145: My final assumption of the three Gladiators is that Madonna's Alex Cook lands here to make another run at the state finals. Also here is Alex Hart from Independence that just finished a big weekend for the holidays scoring wins over South, East and knocking off nationally ranked Xander Whitehurst from Christiansburg. This weight class is sure to have some others coming after their top spot on the podium.

145 Watch List:

Hart – Independence
Cook – Madonna
Davis – Berkley Springs
Whiting – Roane County

152: Another returning state champion at his previous weight class with Heagan Harvey leading the weight class early on. A freshmen from Moorefield in Isaac Van Meter is off to a great early season start. Reichard from Roane Co has always been a tough out and capable of winning a big match. More to follow as this weight class shapes up with input from the state.

152 Watch List:

Harvey – Independence
Van Meter – Moorefield
Reichard – Roane
Thomas – East Fairmont

160: There is a lot of talent in this weight class that could be a spot light in Huntington. Conner Gibson bring two state titles up from 145 to 160 this year. His early season performance shows that he can handle the weight change. Mundey from Berkley Springs had a great run last year and looks to seek out the finals again. Kincell from East Fairmont is a two-time state place winner and looks to improve as he comes down from 170 last season.

160 Watch List:

Gibson – Independence
Mundey – Berkley Springs
Kincell – East Fairmont
Mitchell – Lewis County
Hineman – Bridgeport

170: Kotsko from East Fairmont looked great at the South, East, Indy Tri. Research will show that he has been very successful but plagued by late season injuries. He appears healthy and on track in the early season. Moorefield's Jenkins has looked good early on also. Patterson from Greenbrier West had an outstanding year last year and will be in the hunt again this season at 170.

170 Watch List:
Kotsko – East Fairmont
Jenkins – Moorefield
Devaney – Nitro
Moore – Wirt

182: Adam Daniels from Independence moves up from his third place finish at 170 to 182. He is joined by Blake Miller from Preston County who has looked physical at this weight. I am sure there are a lot more top talents at this weight, just need help identifying them.

182 Watch List:

Daniels – Independence
Miller – Preston County
Burgess – Petersburg

195: Jackson Moomau moves up from his state championship at 170 to 195, looks like a 220. Paul Frampton from Nitro will look to challenge along with Cook from Madonna. Again, I am sure there are many more, will stand by for input from the fans.

195 Watch List:

Moomau – Petersburg
Frampton – Nitro
Cook – Madonna

220: Some space opened here with graduations from last season. Some names I know and some I don't appear here, but looks like a weight class that is open for anyone to take charge. Early season results appear to be the following:

220 Watch List:

Summers – Bridgeport
Gunnoe – Independence
Bailey – Herbert Hoover
Conaway – North Marion

285: Returning State Champion Zach Frazier is back again, and will be for two more years to follow. He will make a run to be the first four time Heavyweight State Champion I believe. Correct me if I am wrong. This weight class does have some challengers but it remains his seat until beaten. Who else is out there.

285 Watch List:

Ware – Grafton
Chipps – Tyler

138: Luke Martin began December 21st with a knee issue. It obviously became much worse during the East Fairmont match and slowed down his offense.

bearcat1

Postby bearcat1 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:41 pm

Dillon Williams from Grafton has looked good at 152 but will be dropping to 145 after Christmas. He finished 4th in the state last year as a freshman @ 145 (and he lost his Thursday night match!)

I saw some good talent at Bridgeport the other night. Aiden Gibson placed last year at 106 but will be wrestling 120/126 this year. Kemo Summers has been a name in youth for a long time is wrestling 132. Josh Wojo (sp?) - not sure of his weight but he wrestled really well. Addison Courtney at 145 was just finding a groove last year before having a knee injury derail his season. Austin Gibson at 152 looked really good as well as Cooper Hineman who placed last year. Also, the older Summers brother Kavaugn is a load at 220.

Blake Miller is from Preston and will be a beast, but in AAA.

Wmc2

Postby Wmc2 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:47 pm

I can only speak for the Cook twins, but Alec will be at 138 and Garrett will be at 182. No moving around, unless it’s a dual situation. They pick their weight and stay there.
Merry Christmas.

maskedman

Postby maskedman » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:23 pm

Thank you for the update, I will make the change.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:42 pm

106 Watch List:

Casuccio – East Fairmont
Cornell – Point Pleasant
Sanders – Independence
???

113 Watch List:

Hodges – Grafton
Whorton – East Fairmont
Short – Point Pleasant
Perdue – Independence

120 Watch List:

Laya – East Fairmont
Smith – Point Pleasant
Skaggs – Grafton
Dawson – Independence

126 Watch List:

Whorton – East Fairmont
Lusher – Independence
Stover – Herbert Hoover
Freeman – Point Pleasant
Brewer – Fairmont Senior

132: Alot can be said of an MOW possible weight class here if it remained as the rumor mills has it, but I expect and will predict change. Looking for confirmation over the next few weeks, unless somebody can confirm early. Hall from Oak Glen is my early prediction leader. Great off-season schedule and results. Some say Rea will be here, but as I have heard there are three Gladiators that train together that if their coaches allow, will separate to allow all three to make a run. Hunter Taylor will return as the state champion of this weight class, along with a growth spurt and much more intense state placer in Lane Flint. This weight class will be fun to watch to see how things shake out. Need to confirm what Rea will do now that I have confirmation on Cook. Either way will be for a tough weight class.

132 Watch List:

Hall – Oak Glen
Flint – East Fairmont
Taylor – Independence
Dennison – Braxton

138: Again, I am making an assumption as Rea has wins at 132 and 138 on the season, that he can handle his weight and strength at both weight classes that he lands here to make a Gladiator run at the state tournament. He will be followed by Tanner Harris who has been close and looking for a state title on the way out of high school. Cook had a supporter step up and correct me. 138 just got stronger. Fazenbaker from East Fairmont did not fair well against Harris, but put on a show in an 11-9 battle with Parkersburg South's Luke Martin. He is dangerous when he gets going.

138 Watch List:

Rea – Weir
Harris – Independence
Cook - Madonna
Pumphrey – Frankfort
Dixon – Keyser
Recrosio - Madonna
Vincent – Braxton

145: Alex Hart from Independence that just finished a big weekend for the holidays scoring wins over South, East and knocking off nationally ranked Xander Whitehurst from Christiansburg. This weight class is sure to have some others coming after their top spot on the podium.

145 Watch List:

Hart – Independence
Davis – Berkley Springs
Whiting – Roane County
Williams - Grafton

152 Watch List:

Harvey – Independence
Van Meter – Moorefield
Reichard – Roane
Thomas – East Fairmont

160 Watch List:

Gibson – Independence
Mundey – Berkley Springs
Kincell – East Fairmont
Mitchell – Lewis County
Hineman – Bridgeport

170 Watch List:
Kotsko – East Fairmont
Jenkins – Moorefield
Devaney – Nitro
Moore – Wirt

182: Adam Daniels from Independence moves up from his third place finish at 170 to 182. I am sure there are a lot more top talents at this weight, just need help identifying them.

182 Watch List:

Daniels – Independence
Cook - Madonna
Burgess – Petersburg

195: Jackson Moomau moves up from his state championship at 170 to 195, looks like a 220. Paul Frampton from Nitro will look to challenge. Again, I am sure there are many more, will stand by for input from the fans.

195 Watch List:

Moomau – Petersburg
Frampton – Nitro

220 Watch List:

Summers – Bridgeport
Gunnoe – Independence
Bailey – Herbert Hoover
Conaway – North Marion

285 Watch List:

Ware – Grafton
Chipps – Tyler

182: Preston County is AAA. We have Huntington's Lanham and South's Dunbar coming out of Region 4. They will be separated via the pill. One of them will have to go through Miller of Preston. AA/A is off the hook.

maskedman

Postby maskedman » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:46 pm

Thanks Bearhugger, I did slip a AAA in by accident. The crowd is starting to provide input and assist this season's watch list.

Geoswaff

Postby Geoswaff » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:04 pm

Trent Pullens from Fayetteville at 160lbs won the MOW at the Webster County Hardwood Duals and only gave up single point (penalty) the entire 2 days of wrestling. He beat a very good Braxton 160 and Nicholas County 160 that weekend.

Also I believe Mitchell from Lewis wrestled 152 last weekend.

Coachtt

Postby Coachtt » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:15 pm

I can speak for Caleb Rea, he is at 132 and will remain at 132. He has wrestled 138 for the team. He has weighed in at 132 the entire season and has wrestled up due to dual matches. He will be at 132 at park duals, this coming week.

Coachtt

Postby Coachtt » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:16 pm

I can speak for Caleb Rea, he is at 132 and will remain at 132. He has wrestled 138 for the team. He has weighed in at 132 the entire season and has wrestled up due to dual matches. He will be at 132 at park duals, this coming week.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:28 pm

There are a few wrestlers at various weight classes that are not listed. Easily overlooked, but strong enough to be dangerous. I will let somebody figure out who they are. The WSAZ will bring a lot of these wrestlers together and clear up the wrestling landscape.

Expect more weight class changes as the season progresses, injuries happen, etc.

Fun!

maskedman

Postby maskedman » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:29 pm

Coachtt wrote:I can speak for Caleb Rea, he is at 132 and will remain at 132. He has wrestled 138 for the team. He has weighed in at 132 the entire season and has wrestled up due to dual matches. He will be at 132 at park duals, this coming week.

Another assumption has been proven wrong, thanks for the update.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:58 am

Bearhugger wrote:There are a few wrestlers at various weight classes that are not listed. Easily overlooked, but strong enough to be dangerous. I will let somebody figure out who they are. The WSAZ will bring a lot of these wrestlers together and clear up the wrestling landscape.

Expect more weight class changes as the season progresses, injuries happen, etc.

Fun!

By popular demand, I will throw a few names out here.

Trigg/Bluefield- I am not sure what weight class he will be at but it should be 138 or 145. Regional champion last season and finished 6th at 138.

The Hale Raiser from Winfield. Scores show 220. Rumors say 195. Strong! Dangerous with throws. Was a few adjustments from many more wins last season.

There are two more chaps to watch but we will let them score a few wins.

Finally, and this is a long shot. Fact: Bowdy Boyce has cut down to 220lbs. Rumor: He wants to come back to Independence. After Christmas break, anything is possible, anytime, anywhere.

mscoach64

Postby mscoach64 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:14 am

where has he been? the possible new Indy 220?

ScrapDad

Postby ScrapDad » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:38 am

Noah Kiszka from Frankfort is gonna be dangerous also at 152. He’s 15-2 and looks very sharp.

noshowjoe

Postby noshowjoe » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:45 am

The Bradbury kid from Washington is going to be a contender at 182 in AAA.
He was 4th in the state as a freshman at 170.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:08 pm

mscoach64 wrote:where has he been? the possible new Indy 220?

Bowdy Boyce and his family have moved to Tennessee. He has indeed cut down to 220 from a reported 270. Outstanding achievement.

As for him returning to Indy, I said the rumor was he wanted to come back.

However, you never know what is going to come out of Coal City until the line up is finalized on regional tournament weekend. Stay tuned.

ZZChooseTop

Postby ZZChooseTop » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:35 pm

170 Jordan Williams- Braxton

mscoach64

Postby mscoach64 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:51 pm

ZZChooseTop wrote:170 Jordan Williams- Braxton
does this kid play football?

matcoach90

Postby matcoach90 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:02 pm

At 152, couple of freshman to watch... Conley from Braxton and Scott Fairmont Senior. Scott has taken a couple lumps early on getting used to the strength as a freshman in that weight class, but has some good wins so far. Conley is giving others fits as a freshman. Both are capable of creating the upset as they acclimate. Gibson from Bridgeport is also a handful at 152. The whole Braxton team is pretty solid.

coach_williams

Postby coach_williams » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:21 pm

mscoach64 wrote:
ZZChooseTop wrote:170 Jordan Williams- Braxton
does this kid play football?

Nope

----------------------------------------------

This past weekend 170# Jenkins from Moorefield was back at 182. I was told he would be staying there.

Dal2233

Postby Dal2233 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:23 pm

Frampton-Nitro is between 182 and 195. Not sure where he will end up.

mscoach64

Postby mscoach64 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:44 pm

Van meter moved to 152?

Ol'Dad

Postby Ol'Dad » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:20 pm

It looks, at least early on, that Region I A/AA is going to be a tough regional tournament again. Should see some great wrestling coming out of there

Whizzer

Postby Whizzer » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:47 pm

Crease from Oak Glen got beat 10-1.
Last edited by Whizzer on Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

aacoach70

Postby aacoach70 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:52 pm

Results show Creese wrestled Roub at 152, and the PP 145, Samson, faced Wright.

Whizzer

Postby Whizzer » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:37 am

My bad... I stand corrected. Received wrong info.

Geoswaff

Postby Geoswaff » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:28 pm

Saw a possible state championship preview at 170 today between Patterson of Greenbrier West and Williams from Braxton. Patterson won 4-3. Awesome wrestling match.

greencrush

Postby greencrush » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:56 pm

Geoswaff wrote:Saw a possible state championship preview at 170 today between Patterson of Greenbrier West and Williams from Braxton. Patterson won 4-3. Awesome wrestling match.

Anybody have results from either of these guys vs Campbell-GE?
sentenceseller

Return to “High School Wrestling”