Quad Wed. 2/10 South, Oak Glen, Weirton and Warren, Ohio

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
P.H.D.

Re: Quad Wed. 2/10 South, Oak Glen, Weirton and Warren, Ohio

Postby P.H.D. » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:52 pm

Gator wrote:
P.H.D. wrote:
WrestlingFan1 wrote:
Didn't fair as well in the other two matches.

Gavin is a very tough young man. He pushes the pace and forces you to wrestle him. He may not have won vs Peyton or Caleb but he never took a step backward and was full throttle till the end. He won’t be losing many more if he continues on the path he is going. Great job and good luck!!

Thanks for the kind words P.H.D. It was good talking to you, Peyton and your father last evening. Peyton is a fine young man and great wrestler! Gavin is also a great young man and Wrestlingfan1 must not have anything better to do with his time than to slam a 15 year old kid.

Gator, thank you! It was great seeing you too sir. I wasn’t trying to put a spotlight on wrestlingfan1’s post. I think just looking at scores does not tell the whole story.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:04 pm

noshowjoe wrote:Dont worry about Quiocho he just wrestled the best 2 132 pounders in the state .
If he works on his defense and top game he will be there at the end.
Great young wrestler.

All THREE of these wrestlers are the real deal.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

JennyHannan

Postby JennyHannan » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:02 pm

I think I made a few minor mistakes in the results reporting. I'm closely comparing what I have with what's in the scorebook. I have a busy afternoon/evening at work, the dentist, and helping my mom, so it may be tomorrow before I get the updates to Doc.

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:52 pm

WrestlingFan1 wrote:
Gator wrote:
P.H.D. wrote:
Gavin is a very tough young man. He pushes the pace and forces you to wrestle him. He may not have won vs Peyton or Caleb but he never took a step backward and was full throttle till the end. He won’t be losing many more if he continues on the path he is going. Great job and good luck!!

Thank for the kind words P.H.D. It was good talking to you, Peyton and your father last evening. Peyton is a fine a young man and great wrestler! Gavin is also a great young man and Wrestlingfan1 must not have anything better to do with his time than to slam a 15 year old kid.

Not slamming anyone, just an observation.

And what a keen observation it was. Keep up the good work.

ZZChooseTop

Postby ZZChooseTop » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:09 pm

Same joker that took shots at Amos after our dual. Not sure who is more obnoxious, the south blowhards who swear south does no wrong or the south haters who don't have anything good to say.

noshowjoe

Postby noshowjoe » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:39 pm

I hate the South blowhards when they cheer for there team and point out great
accomplishments by their wrestlers. No other school does this and it just makes me mad.
Last edited by noshowjoe on Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Truesouthfaninhunt

Postby Truesouthfaninhunt » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:20 pm

I have been following South for a long time and this may be the best team they have ever had.

noshowjoe

Postby noshowjoe » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:08 am

Easy Truesouthfaninhunt somebody might call you a blowhard.

shemailman

Postby shemailman » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:59 am

noshowjoe wrote:I hate the South blowhards when they cheer for there team and point out great
accomplishments by their wrestlers. No other school does this and it just makes mad.

I have never read about a South fan doing this on here other than to give the proper recognition to a team and individuals who deserve it. I have however seen a lot of blowhards speak ill of South as well as a lot of blowhards speak of not so great accomplishments of their wrestlers/teams that have won a lot of matches but have never achieved a state championship. As zzchoosetop said, you sir, would fall under the blowhard section that has nothing good to say.
"Trans people deserve something vital; they deserve your respect. From that respect comes a more compassionate community."

-Caitlyn Jenner

shemailman

Postby shemailman » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:04 am

noshowjoe wrote:Easy Truesouthfaninhunt somebody might call you a blowhard.

Although that is ironically true, everyone calls you an irrelevant poster.
"Trans people deserve something vital; they deserve your respect. From that respect comes a more compassionate community."

-Caitlyn Jenner

Geoswaff

Postby Geoswaff » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:30 am

shemailman wrote:
noshowjoe wrote:I hate the South blowhards when they cheer for there team and point out great
accomplishments by their wrestlers. No other school does this and it just makes mad.

I have never read about a South fan doing this on here other than to give the proper recognition to a team and individuals who deserve it. I have however seen a lot of blowhards speak ill of South as well as a lot of blowhards speak of not so great accomplishments of their wrestlers/teams that have won a lot of matches but have never achieved a state championship. As zzchoosetop said, you sir, would fall under the blowhard section that has nothing good to say.

This gave me a good laugh. Shemailman, pretty sure noshowjoe was being sarcastic about the South Blowhards. Lighten up! As far as us blowhards who are proud and excited for our wrestler's accomplishments when they don't have a state championship, I will wear that title with honor sir!!! My kid never even placed at states, but he did qualify for it. He also never touched the wrestling mat before his freshman year. I couldn't be more proud of what he accomplished in 4 years and I love to share it.

Here's to the blowhards!!! #blowhardsforever

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:11 pm

Geoswaff wrote:
shemailman wrote:

This gave me a good laugh. Shemailman, pretty sure noshowjoe was being sarcastic about the South Blowhards. Lighten up! As far as us blowhards who are proud and excited for our wrestler's accomplishments when they don't have a state championship, I will wear that title with honor sir!!! My kid never even placed at states, but he did qualify for it. He also never touched the wrestling mat before his freshman year. I couldn't be more proud of what he accomplished in 4 years and I love to share it.

Here's to the blowhards!!! #blowhardsforever

Isn't it interesting how hard it can be to get your meaning across on posts?
For example, it should be abundantly clear that noshowjoe's post was purely sarcastic.
However, shemailman, in trying to defend the honor of the South fan from this post became the actual thing that he/she claimed no South fan was. That is being degrading to deserving wrestlers. (I, for one, would request that in the future he/she merely represent him/herself and leave the rest of us out of it).
Then a father has to come on and rightfully defend his son, a deserving wrestler from the "wrath" of a (?) South fan.
Oh well, like you, I'm just another blowhard and you (Geoswaff) fortunately have a healthy sense of humor..

LiamKneesliden

Re: Tri Wed. 2/10 South, Oak Glen and Warren, Ohio

Postby LiamKneesliden » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:53 pm

Bearhugger wrote:
Gator wrote:132 will have Hall, Rea and Quiocho.

Warren, Ohio's 132 is bad news for all.

Lol. Warrens 132 was real bad news :lol:

P.H.D.

Re: Tri Wed. 2/10 South, Oak Glen and Warren, Ohio

Postby P.H.D. » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:25 pm

LiamKneesliden wrote:
Bearhugger wrote:
Gator wrote:132 will have Hall, Rea and Quiocho.

Warren, Ohio's 132 is bad news for all.

Lol. Warrens 132 was real bad news :lol:

It ain’t me.

Return to “High School Wrestling”