Scheduling for 2018/2019

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Bearhugger

Scheduling for 2018/2019

Postby Bearhugger » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:21 pm

It appears the changes in regional tournament scheduling may have impacted the scheduling of other tournaments this season.

For example, the regions were shoved back, thus the Single A Challenge was shoved back, thus some teams bailed out of their previous January 27th weekend traditional tournaments.

1. What is the plan for regional tournaments next season? Is the two week gap before states going to remain or are things going back to the way they were?

2. Once the question above is answered, when is the Single A challenge?

3. If all remains as is in 2019, then I would like to see some tournaments such as the Braxton Tournament move to the same weekend as the Single A Challenge. This will provide a big tournament opportunity for many AA and AAA schools that have had their 2018 January 27th tournament diminished due to teams opting for the Single A Challenge.

Good luck
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

aaacoach28

Re: Scheduling for 2018/2019

Postby aaacoach28 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:49 pm

Not sure if the Regionals will be two weeks before the State Tournament but I sure hope not. This move was the dumbest thing that the WVSSAC had ever done except for giving the wrong medals out one year at the state tournament with the prievous years date on them. Let alone the wrong weights on them. Which they never corrected ! So that being said I would love to see a big tournament set up the week before the state tournament. Everyone is idle that weekend and would be great to have a Mountaineer open with the top ranked schools from each AAA-AA-A . This should be a better draw than the State Tournament!! It could be ran in two days easily. Closing I feel the State Tournament should not be drawn out and have the finals set for 3 pm on Saturday.This could be easily done! That way most of the kids on school buses would be home before midnight like many are!

Bearhugger

Re: Scheduling for 2018/2019

Postby Bearhugger » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:48 am

aaacoach28 wrote:Not sure if the Regionals will be two weeks before the State Tournament but I sure hope not. This move was the dumbest thing that the WVSSAC had ever done except for giving the wrong medals out one year at the state tournament with the prievous years date on them. Let alone the wrong weights on them. Which they never corrected ! So that being said I would love to see a big tournament set up the week before the state tournament. Everyone is idle that weekend and would be great to have a Mountaineer open with the top ranked schools from each AAA-AA-A . This should be a better draw than the State Tournament!! It could be ran in two days easily. Closing I feel the State Tournament should not be drawn out and have the finals set for 3 pm on Saturday.This could be easily done! That way most of the kids on school buses would be home before midnight like many are!

A big tournament the weekend before the state tournament is a good idea. Watch for this on another forum topic titled "Last Man Standing".
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

Return to “High School Wrestling”