Single A polls

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
aacoach41

Single A polls

Postby aacoach41 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:37 pm

Greenbrier West has beaten #1 Wirt, #2 Madonna, #4 Braxton, #6 Winfield, #9 Liberty Harrison, #10 North Marion, #4 Parkersburg, #6 Greenbrier East and #7 St. Albans but in the Single A coaches poll West is 3rd. Things that make you go hmmm!

Bearhugger

Re: Single A polls

Postby Bearhugger » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:42 pm

aacoach41 wrote:Greenbrier West has beaten #1 Wirt, #2 Madonna, #4 Braxton, #6 Winfield, #9 Liberty Harrison, #10 North Marion, #4 Parkersburg, #6 Greenbrier East and #7 St. Albans but in the Single A coaches poll West is 3rd. Things that make you go hmmm!

One must understand what is happening in front of them first before they can strive to accomplish much else. I watched Greenbrier West wrestle and defeat both Madonna and Wirt on the same day.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

NightTrain

Postby NightTrain » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:26 am

Totally agree the Single A polls are seriously flawed. Ritchie County has beat Tyler, and Wirt. These coaches are voting around the WVSSAC’s terrible regional alignments.

gridironmike

Postby gridironmike » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:50 pm

That's crazy, but it won't matter if Greenbrier West is #1 at the end of February! Seriously though, I imagine this is what football programs feel like when the college football coaches poll comes out. How can you vote this way if you've looked at the results before you voted? I like it when a voter can explain the method to their madness. Who thinks the poll is accurate at the moment?

Geoswaff

Postby Geoswaff » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:25 pm

gridironmike wrote:That's crazy, but it won't matter if Greenbrier West is #1 at the end of February! Seriously though, I imagine this is what football programs feel like when the college football coaches poll comes out. How can you vote this way if you've looked at the results before you voted? I like it when a voter can explain the method to their madness. Who thinks the poll is accurate at the moment?

Other than GWest not being #1, I think its as accurate as it can be for the information posted. Fayette County not going to Guards unfortunately keeps their teams from consideration. Fayetteville is filling 10 to 11 weight classes with several good wrestlers. It would have been nice to see how they would have stacked up in their Natty Guard pool with Williamstown.

Return to “High School Wrestling”