Coalfield Conference historical results

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
gridironmike

Coalfield Conference historical results

Postby gridironmike » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:09 am

I've been working on adding historical results for the Coalfield Conference to Doc's conference page. I sent him 1986-88 results yesterday as well as 1981 team results with a few individual placers. The history is little muddy going back that far. At least one article says the "first" Coalfield tournament was in 1978, but I had already found results for 1972 (which was identified as the Coalfield Conference tourney) and submitted them long ago. I'm looking for a little help from 1978-1985. Does anyone happen to have a newspaper clipping, a program, brackets, or something else that would help?

aaacoach6

Re: Coalfield Conference historical results

Postby aaacoach6 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:51 am

Once the season is over I may be able to help. I have a box of old clippings and score books, brackets, etc that Dix Manning had saved for years in a file cabinet in a closet off of our mat room since the 60s. They are old, yellow and some chewed on by mice but most are still legible. I work 60+ a week and coach as well so i do not have time to go through them right now but after states i can start digging around some for you.
Coach Shrewsberry
Shady Spring

gridironmike

Postby gridironmike » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:43 pm

Thanks coach. Stuff like that is a treasure for researchers!

Gator

Postby Gator » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:20 pm

That is some treasure you have coach.
Moderator WV Mat

Return to “High School Wrestling”