Why so much change?

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
mscoach64

Why so much change?

Postby mscoach64 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:49 pm

each week i read this forum looking for scores, etc and there are always people wanting to change something about this sport. Whether it is the scoring system, jv wrestlers scenario, uniforms, divisions, how we rank, total number of weight classes, how we hold a tournament, etc. I think that wrestling is one of, if not the greatest sport out there. The rules have been handed down over many years and throughout those years many great champions have been crowned. Just enjoy the sport.

mike.carman

Re: Why so much change?

Postby mike.carman » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:57 pm

mscoach64 wrote:each week i read this forum looking for scores, etc and there are always people wanting to change something about this sport. Whether it is the scoring system, jv wrestlers scenario, uniforms, divisions, how we rank, total number of weight classes, how we hold a tournament, etc. I think that wrestling is one of, if not the greatest sport out there. The rules have been handed down over many years and throughout those years many great champions have been crowned. Just enjoy the sport.

Great question!

fireman

Postby fireman » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:40 pm

Amen ! I'm old school. I don't like change. Earn it ! This is a tough sport in so many ways. Pressure on these young men is extreme. Just wrestle ! If you win you move on. If you loose you work harder.

Truesouthfaninhunt

Postby Truesouthfaninhunt » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:06 pm

Bearhugger likes to post ..... a lot. Thats why.

vortexfan

Postby vortexfan » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:49 pm

The sport is great but participation is down, and crowds are down from several to a few years ago. I get the resistance on changing things but shouldn’t we learn from mistakes that powers to be have made. Region alignment for one just saying.
I get a wrestler should work harder if they lose, but there’s several better (hard working) wrestlers watching the states rather than competing in states.

vortexfan

Postby vortexfan » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:01 am

If you look at Cancellations for this weekend post you will see a rule in question about changing.

After all these years (old schoolers) and we don't know if you can wrestle between Regional and States?

Return to “High School Wrestling”