WV Mat Facebook

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Whizzer

WV Mat Facebook

Postby Whizzer » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:37 pm

OK, quick question. How come when I go to the Facebook page I see tons of pictures from the same schools over and over. When some schools will submit pictures and results and things like that and they don’t get posted?

I see pictures of people eating, standing in the snow, random adults, but when we send pictures in and results about our kids they don’t show up? Can someone explain why..?

Doesn’t seem to be a real West Virginia wrestling page.

admin
Site Admin

Re: WV Mat Facebook

Postby admin » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:42 pm

I was not aware that WV Mat had a Facebook page. To what Facebook page do you refer? Please post a link.

--The Editor
Jenny Hannan wvmat@outlook.com

Truesouthfaninhunt

Postby Truesouthfaninhunt » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:47 pm

Obviously a fake Facebook page initiated by those darn Russians.

Whizzer

Postby Whizzer » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:01 pm

W.V. On Mat

aacoach109

Postby aacoach109 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:13 pm

Are you talking about WVonmat Facebook page

hollywood

Postby hollywood » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:20 pm

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:48 pm

Today is the first time I have seen that Facebook page. WV-Mat the website is not connected with it in any way, although I see that my photo has been copied and pasted on the On-Mat page.
Jenny Hannan wvmat@outlook.com

KennyFPowers

Postby KennyFPowers » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:51 pm

That is Bearhuggers Page.

Diamond

Postby Diamond » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:15 pm

It’s not fair! That Bearhugger should do more...

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:22 pm

W.V. On Mat is a Facebook page that is not affiliated, connected or related to wvmat.com. The names are different.

The Facebook page is for the positive promotion and communication of wrestling. Anybody can post pictures on the page if they wish. I try to share pictures that people send me but I do fall behind. I put in a lot of miles.

I try not to even post scores, winners and losers on the Facebook page. I keep it neutral. Neutral, informative and positive. I might say something adversarial at times when somebody sabotages a tournament though.

If you see some schools more than others, it is because they happen to be where I choose to travel. In addition, their parents, fans, principals, etc post often, thus it is easier to share.

I am friends on Facebook with quite a few people who obviously do not enjoy my forum posts. I do not hold grudges. We can promote and argue at the same time.

Send me a friend request and start posting your wrestlers on the page.

As always.........enjoy!!!!!
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

Diamond

Postby Diamond » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:16 pm

There it is whizzer...if your team ain’t on there now it’s your fault.

Gator

Postby Gator » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:40 pm

The Bear started his Facebook page back when WV Mat was put on hold because of Doc Miller’s medical condition at the time. Doc continues to improve and WV Mat is up and running again.

I give Bear credit for wanting to promote WV high school wrestling and college also. He has traveled to many different events this year, taking many photos(we need to all chip in and buy him a better camera!) and posting them on WV.On.Mat.

Like him or not(I consider him a friend) he loves WV high school wrestling and tries his best to be fair to all schools.

Friend his Facebook page and check it out. Just remember though, it’s his page and he can do what he wishes with it.
Moderator WV Mat

vortexfan

Postby vortexfan » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:59 am

Gator wrote:The Bear started his Facebook page back when WV Mat was put on hold because of Doc Miller’s medical condition at the time. Doc continues to improve and WV Mat is up and running again.

I give Bear credit for wanting to promote WV high school wrestling and college also. He has traveled to many different events this year, taking many photos(we need to all chip in and buy him a better camera!) and posting them on WV.On.Mat.

Like him or not(I consider him a friend) he loves WV high school wrestling and tries his best to be fair to all schools.

Friend his Facebook page and check it out. Just remember though, it’s his page and he can do what he wishes with it.

Very Well said, he has the best interest of the sport and the particpnts

ringworm14

Postby ringworm14 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:31 am

Gotta agree with whizzer here. Saw multiple people from a few different teams and the post did not get shared from the page or even a like from the page. Then you see posts from other teams and the pictures or posts aren’t even about wrestling.
Then they make a post about “calling stalling on mom or dad if i can not share your wrestlers picture”
Which i find odd because multiple people and teams have shared photos to you and you do nothing with them and blatantly ignore them.

Looking at the page there are definitely certain teams this page caters to and posts more about. Just go though and look.. easy to figure out.

When people share pics to the page and you don’t use them , that’s on the page... not the people sharing. Any picture or info that gets shared or posted to the page should be used.

Just my .02.

Watch out for the ring worm!

RickDunbar

Postby RickDunbar » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:57 am

Geesh. Another good example of someone trying to do something positive for West Virginia wrestling only to get criticized for it. Keep up the good work! It has been great exposure for wrestling in the state.

cspranger

Postby cspranger » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:27 am

The Facebook page is excellent, despite some of Gators mentioned photos. Keep it up.

Qualityshots

Postby Qualityshots » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:14 am

I joined last night. This is a great page and very well updated. Not to mention he does this on his own time and dime. If a camera fund is started let me know, im in. Keep up the great work in promoting the greatest sport out there

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:51 am

Qualityshots wrote:I joined last night. This is a great page and very well updated. Not to mention he does this on his own time and dime. If a camera fund is started let me know, im in. Keep up the great work in promoting the greatest sport out there

LOL! My blurry pictures have become a statement to all of the wrestlers to develop the mindset of "run with what you got". The rusty barbell will make you just as strong as the shiny, new equipment. Wearing a t-shirt that says "Sly Fox" will not guarantee that you will beat your opponent that wears a t-shirt with "Redd Fox" on it. What you got is what you got. Get after it.

Whizzer

Postby Whizzer » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:15 pm

No one is criticizing taking the time and effort. There have been more than a couple people send photos from our team on multiple occasions and NONE of them have been made public on the site. And it’s not an effort to keep up because real-time photos from others go up all around when we send ours. Really not a big deal..! We make our own splash. The kids and parent like to see their kids displayed. That’s all. Guess our school just isn’t in that click.

WP1992

Postby WP1992 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:02 pm

WVonMat is a great page. If your salty about your kids pics not getting on FB, get your own page and run it the way you want. I am so over all the complaining that happens i this site. Can we please just talk about wrestling???

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:06 pm

Whizzer wrote:No one is criticizing taking the time and effort. There have been more than a couple people send photos from our team on multiple occasions and NONE of them have been made public on the site. And it’s not an effort to keep up because real-time photos from others go up all around when we send ours. Really not a big deal..! We make our own splash. The kids and parent like to see their kids displayed. That’s all. Guess our school just isn’t in that click.

1. I am taking upon myself that these pictures are being sent to the W.V. On Mat private message box? Everything I have been sent is still in there. Sometimes what is sent requires more work to post due to the manner in which it is sent. That could be the problem.

2. I typically respond to "senders" and tell them to directly post onto the page.

3. Only I have visibility of what is sent to the private message box. It is impossible for anybody to see and "think" that some pictures are being tossed to the side while others are being posted. I scroll the home page daily and "share" what is conveniently pre-existing on the home page.

4. I take the time everyday to inform people that "I cannot share" the pictures they post. They then adjust the settings.

Whizzer, private message me your school affiliation. I will promote the $h!t out of those kids.

Gator

Postby Gator » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:15 pm

I have posted some photos directly on the page. They always show if you do it this way.
Moderator WV Mat

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:19 pm

Gator wrote:I have posted some photos directly on the page. They always show if you do it this way.

I welcome all pictures, schedules, camp/tournament advertisements, etc as long as it is positive, informative and/or directly/indirectly associated with wrestling.

Pictures of JV wrestlers are always wanted. Bwahahahahaaa

Frank

Postby Frank » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:31 pm

Whizzer I have sent several pictures of me eating at China one shirtless and bear hasn't shared those either.i say we boycott Facebook completely. It's not fair

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:16 pm

ringworm14 wrote:Gotta agree with whizzer here. Saw multiple people from a few different teams and the post did not get shared from the page or even a like from the page. Then you see posts from other teams and the pictures or posts aren’t even about wrestling.
Then they make a post about “calling stalling on mom or dad if i can not share your wrestlers picture”
Which i find odd because multiple people and teams have shared photos to you and you do nothing with them and blatantly ignore them.

Looking at the page there are definitely certain teams this page caters to and posts more about. Just go though and look.. easy to figure out.

When people share pics to the page and you don’t use them , that’s on the page... not the people sharing. Any picture or info that gets shared or posted to the page should be used.

Just my .02.

PLEASE SEE MY COMMENTS IN ALL CAPS BELOW:

LET ME BEGIN BY SAYING THAT FACEBOOK PROVIDES ALL OF US TWO SEPARATE PAGES. THERE IS THE HOME PAGE THAT COLLECTS POSTS FROM FACEBOOK FRIENDS. THEN THERE IS OUR PERSONAL PAGE. IN THIS CASE, MY PERSONAL PAGE IS THE "W.V. ON MAT" PAGE. TWO PAGES: HOME AND W.V.ON MAT. IF ANYBODY POSTS PICTURES DIRECTLY ONTO THE "W.V. ON MAT" PAGE, THEN THE WORK IS DONE. IT IS SHARED AND ABLE TO VIEW BY ALL FRIENDS OF W.V.ON MAT. IF IT IS SHARED TO THE HOME PAGE, I ROUTINELY FIND AND SHARE THOSE. I DO NOT CATCH THEM ALL AND I NEVER WILL.
Gotta agree with whizzer here. Saw multiple people from a few different teams and the post did not get shared from the page or even a like from the page. IF THE PICTURES ARE ALREADY PUT ONTO THE W.V. ON MAT FACEBOOK PAGE, THEN THERE IS NO REASON TO SHARE TO THE PAGE AGAIN. HITTING THE "LIKE" BUTTON ONLY HAPPENS SPORADICALLY.

Then you see posts from other teams and the pictures or posts aren’t even about wrestling. I SHARE POSTS ABOUT ALL KINDS OF TRAINING, GRAPPLING, NUTRITION, ETC.

Then they make a post about “calling stalling on mom or dad if i can not share your wrestlers picture” I SCROLL THE HOME PAGE AND COME ACROSS PICTURES DAILY THAT CANNOT BE SHARED. I DO NOT SCROLL FOR HOURS.

Which i find odd because multiple people and teams have shared photos to you and you do nothing with them and blatantly ignore them. I DO NOT PATROL MY PAGE DAILY OR HOURLY. I HAVE CREATED A FACEBOOK PAGE THAT HAS (AND STILL IS) BRINGING TOGETHER THE WRESTLING COMMUNITY WITHIN WEST VIRGINIA AND ELSEWHERE.

Looking at the page there are definitely certain teams this page caters to and posts more about. Just go though and look.. easy to figure out. WHEN PARKERSBURG SOUTH HAS AN ARMY OF SUPPORT AND AN ARMY THAT TAKES THE TIME TO POST PICTURES AND ARTICLES ABOUT THEIR WRESTLERS, IT IS EASIER TO SHARE FROM THE HOME PAGE. THERE ARE SOME SCHOOLS THAT I SEE NOTHING ABOUT, THUS THEY GET LITTLE COVERAGE. THERE ARE ALSO SOME WRESTLER MOMS AND DADS THAT PUT FORTH MORE EFFORT. THEIR ACTIVITY BREEDS MY ACTIVITY. I DO NOT KEEP SCORE. IF I TOOK THE APPROACH THAT I HAVE ALREADY SHARED 100 PICTURES FOR PARKERSBURG SOUTH SO I AM GOING TO CEASE DOING SO UNTIL "BUGTUSSLE HIGH SCHOOL POSTS 99 PICTURES", THEN THE FACEBOOK PAGE WILL DIE.

When people share pics to the page and you don’t use them , that’s on the page... not the people sharing. Any picture or info that gets shared or posted to the page should be used. IF THE PICTURES ARE SHARED TO THE PAGE, THEY ARE PUBLIC FOR THE FRIENDS TO SEE. THERE IS NOTHING FOR ME TO DO.

I JOINED WVMAT IN 2012. OVER THE YEARS, I HAVE RECEIVED PRIVATE MESSAGE FROM MANY THAT I HAVE BECOME FRIENDS WITH. IF THEIR WRESTLER GETS MORE PRESS, IT IS BECAUSE THEY PROVIDE MORE INFORMATION. THEIR KIDS MIGHT GET EXTRA ATTENTION WHEN I GO SOMEWHERE LIKE SUPER 32. THAT IS JUST HOW LIFE WORKS. YOU WATCH WHO YOU KNOW. I WILL ADMIT THAT I WOULD HAVE LIKED TO SEE MORE WV KIDS AT SUPER 32, BUT IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO CATCH THEM ALL BASED ON THE MAT SET UP. MAYBE WE WILL BE BETTER ORGANIZED, TEAMED UP AND PREPARED FOR NEXT YEAR.

IN CONCLUSION, ALL OF THE WHINERS NEED TO QUIT WHINING. POST YOUR PICTURES ONTO THE PAGE. I AM LEAVING CHARLESTON AND HEADING TO CHARLOTTE, NC TODAY. CHATTANOOGA, TENNESSEE TUESDAY. BACK TO CHARLOTTE ON WEDNESDAY. CHARLESTON, WV THURSDAY. WSAZ FRIDAY. THERE WILL BE MANY POSTINGS OVER THOSE DAYS THAT WILL NOT GET LIKED. BUT THE FACEBOOK PAGE IS OPEN AND PROVIDED FOR ALL................EVEN BUGTUSSLE HIGH SCHOOL.

I CANNOT THINK OF ONE SINGLE HIGH SCHOOL THAT HAS POSTED PICTURES TO THE PAGE MORE THAN ONCE THAT HAS NOT RECEIVED ANY ATTENTION.

TRY TO ENJOY!

Just my .02.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:21 pm

WP1992 wrote:WVonMat is a great page. If your salty about your kids pics not getting on FB, get your own page and run it the way you want. I am so over all the complaining that happens i this site. Can we please just talk about wrestling???

I have not excluded or blacklisted any school or team. There might have been a few occasions where I was sent a large block of pictures that could not be shared OUT of the private message area onto the public Facebook page.

aacoach124

Postby aacoach124 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:29 pm

Gee Whiz. If you don’t like his page just make your own. He does this for no other reason than he just loves the sport and wants to promote it. Complaining about this His-page is ridiculous. Bearhugger please continue to do what you do and I personally want to thank you for all you do.

Truesouthfaninhunt

Postby Truesouthfaninhunt » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:40 pm

Can't we all just get along?

NhsMom

Postby NhsMom » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:28 pm

Bearhugger wrote:
Gator wrote:I have posted some photos directly on the page. They always show if you do it this way.

I welcome all pictures, schedules, camp/tournament advertisements, etc as long as it is positive, informative and/or directly/indirectly associated with wrestling.

Pictures of JV wrestlers are always wanted. Bwahahahahaaa

Our team is very small, but we post directly
To the WV on Mat page and everything is always there. I’ve enjoyed having a central place to follow Wv wrestling and see updates on many kids we don’t get to see throughout the season.

Return to “High School Wrestling”