Seeding Criteria - WSAZ

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
lovesthesport

Re: Seeding Criteria - WSAZ

Postby lovesthesport » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:52 am

Dear Bearhugger,
No matter how flat you make a pancake, there are still two sides. Maybe you should hush until you know the whole story.
Nicki Michael

ZZChooseTop

Postby ZZChooseTop » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:12 am

Two sides? Think your pancake is a Möbius strip. One side to this discussion and the bearhugger has apparently touched a nerve.

lovesthesport

Postby lovesthesport » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:20 am

Or maybe Bearhugger was fed a story to serve a purpose and it worked.
Nicki Michael

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:34 am

csmith11 wrote:In head to head It has always been last match wrestled. So it doesn't matter if wrestler a wins 9 times if wrestler b wins the last one wrestler b will be higher.

We need a clear definition of head to head. I would think it is a regular match. I have been told that the OVAC goes by "the last match wrestled".
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:42 am

lovesthesport wrote:Dear Bearhugger,
No matter how flat you make a pancake, there are still two sides. Maybe you should hush until you know the whole story.

Please review this entire discussion topic. I asked for the WSAZ seeding criteria. One answer was given. I used the 126lb class to validate the stated criteria. I then brought up the 106lb class. I have received no explanation but I have many upset people. I have East Fairmont alumni reaching out to me but still no clarification on the 106 seeding mystery. It is very simple. What is the WSAZ seeding criteria?????

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:56 am

ringworm14 wrote:Bearhugger,

what weight class are you inquiring about seed criteria ? we may be able to figure out what criteria was used and how it was applied by process of elimination.

- "Watch out for the ringworm"!

No clarity yet.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:21 pm

forthekids wrote:As our coach told us seeding is irrelevant. If your ready the cream will rise to the top. If not get back in the room and practice harder. He won a state championship with that philosophy his first year of coaching.

Awwwwwwwww........the glory days. Some people live in them while others live in 2018. My old coach told jokes all the time and everyday. We all know seeding is relevant. Tournaments are seeded still in 2018 and we have relics telling kids seeding is irrelevant. No wonder today's youth is confused and participation is down.

Refuse-to-lose

Postby Refuse-to-lose » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:36 pm

Bearhugger,

It sounds to me that you are getting info from one side and not the other. For you to question the integrity of a very successful wrestling program is totally out of line considering that no one at all owes you an explanation for anything. My suggestion to you since some of us cant spend the time that you do on this forum is to mind your own business in this matter. I don't know you and you don't know me. But, I will say this. The only ones that will Suffer from this drama in the end are the kids !! Be a spectator not an instigator !! Good luck to both wrestlers that have victim to this dilemma (BS). I would also suggest that this thread be snipped before this goes any further.

mscoach20

Postby mscoach20 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:51 pm

Not all tournaments are seeded. See the majority of state tournaments throughout the entire nation. Most are not seeded. Some are. Most are random draw based on performance the weekend before. And many weight classes end with the "#1" wrestler losing. I understand you are upset that 1/14 weight classes does not follow the seeding criteria that you believe to be correct. Although, more than likely, it is not correct. More than likely, the guys that have been running this tournament a very long time know something that you simply are not privy to. Regardless...they'll settle it today and tomorrow.
Tench

Return to “High School Wrestling”