Bob Stover

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
fireman

Bob Stover

Postby fireman » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:36 pm

Team list ?
Start times ?
Match-ups ?

Mywvu

Re: Bob Stover

Postby Mywvu » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:37 pm

dont know. this tourney has had many to drop out due to the newly formed Single A tourney in Ritchie Co.

coach_stump

Postby coach_stump » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:52 pm

The Class A Challenge was formed the previous year, it's second year upcoming. The WVSSAC directed that the regionals would be pushed back a week because of the incidents that occurred during the state tournament last season with skin infections. This made many teams scramble to decide what late season tournaments to wrestle. Personally, the Class A Challenge was a great idea and wish that all Single A teams could attend, in my opinion. It's just a shame that it had to be moved to a date that was already established by a few really good tournaments, by the result of what transpired last year.

Mywvu

Postby Mywvu » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:45 pm

coach_stump wrote:The Class A Challenge was formed the previous year, it's second year upcoming. The WVSSAC directed that the regionals would be pushed back a week because of the incidents that occurred during the state tournament last season with skin infections. This made many teams scramble to decide what late season tournaments to wrestle. Personally, the Class A Challenge was a great idea and wish that all Single A teams could attend, in my opinion. It's just a shame that it had to be moved to a date that was already established by a few really good tournaments, by the result of what transpired last year.
Maybe turn the Bob Stover into the AA Challenge

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:34 am

coach_stump wrote:The Class A Challenge was formed the previous year, it's second year upcoming. The WVSSAC directed that the regionals would be pushed back a week because of the incidents that occurred during the state tournament last season with skin infections. This made many teams scramble to decide what late season tournaments to wrestle. Personally, the Class A Challenge was a great idea and wish that all Single A teams could attend, in my opinion. It's just a shame that it had to be moved to a date that was already established by a few really good tournaments, by the result of what transpired last year.

I hope all wrestling personnel involved begin now with establishing when regional tournaments will be held next season, when the single A challenge will be held and maybe, just maybe, it is time to change the dates of a few of these long running tournaments so they can become great again.

I must say that we have not had any skin disease issues this season that has shut anybody or anything down. I guess moving the regional tournaments forward has worked.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

fireman

Postby fireman » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:47 am

Well,,,, are they gonna post who's going ? Maybe combine the two for a 2 day !

mscoach64

Postby mscoach64 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:01 pm

teams that i know of are Clay, Braxton, Roane, Fayetteville, Poca, Lincoln. Im sure there are a few more.

fireman

Postby fireman » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:31 pm

Any teams firmed up yet ?

fireman

Postby fireman » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:06 pm

Team list.
Braxton is listed for this tournament and another.
Was making the trip, not sure if I will. No current, up-to-date list. Only takes a very few minuets to post teams attending.

mscoach90

Postby mscoach90 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:41 pm

The only team's I know for sure are Roane and Clay

mscoach64

Postby mscoach64 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:52 pm

fireman wrote:Team list.
Braxton is listed for this tournament and another.
Was making the trip, not sure if I will. No current, up-to-date list. Only takes a very few minuets to post teams attending.
as far as Clay is aware Braxton is scheduled to be at this tourney. Braxton may be thinking Clay left them high and dry when Clay didn't show up for their tourney earlier in the season. But, Clay was not allowed to attend due to snow. So, Braxton may have decided to leave the Clay tourney. But, as far as Clay is aware, Braxton is attending the Bob Stover. Other teams coming are Roane, Webster, Poca, Lincoln, Fayetteville, and not sure of others.

Return to “High School Wrestling”