St. Marys Tournament 113lbs

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Bearhugger

St. Marys Tournament 113lbs

Postby Bearhugger » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:11 am

In regards to the St. Mary's Tournament, there were 9 teams. In the 113lbs weight class, there were no wrestlers reported in the scores.

It might be time to roll all of these teams over into the Winner's Choice.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

aacoach106

Re: St. Marys Tournament 113lbs

Postby aacoach106 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:07 am

Had all teams been able to attend, there would have been some 113s. Wirt was the only team there with a 113 and they bumped him up to 120 so he would get some mat time.

wvuptc

Postby wvuptc » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:33 pm

We had 18 teams who committed to coming. Obviously, the weather hindered that from happening, so we did the best we could with what we had. I know for a fact, my own 113 was flooded in and could not get to town until Tuesday.

As for the Winners Choice, which is an excellent tournament, many teams depend on tournaments to fund their seasons. On top of that, we had one team drop out of the Winners Choice because they were told they weren't a large enough team to come to it. I'm not really sure what that means, however, we try to and will continue to try to run the best tournament we can in the future.

Drut

Postby Drut » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:44 pm

Sometimes it's best to get all of the info before you comment

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:21 pm

I could tell by the scores' details that you guys "made a run for it".

I also understand the impact hosting events plays in fundraising. I learned many details during the "Fayette Fiasco" that almost &*^&( down the National Guard Duals.

Generally speaking, the current schedules/tournaments need to be looked at. I am lead to believe that both the Williamstown and the Bob Stover tournaments could be depleted due to the Regional tournament and Single A Challenge date changes.

Also, many teams are rebuilding these days. In all sincerity, we are in a position where if a school wants to host an 8 team tournament, they need to invite 12 to 16 teams.

Good luck guys. Keep fighting the fight. I am sure I will stay busy.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

Return to “High School Wrestling”