JV at the WSAZ

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Bearhugger

JV at the WSAZ

Postby Bearhugger » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:43 am

The 2018 WSAZ was outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To add to the excitement, there were a total of SIX JV wrestlers that made the podium.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

Treerat

Re: JV at the WSAZ

Postby Treerat » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:59 am

Three of them in one class and they all wrestled their teammates in close matches

Frank

Postby Frank » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:53 pm

Who was the highest placing JV wrester and what weight class?

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:18 pm

Frank wrote:Who was the highest placing JV wrester and what weight class?

In looking at the brackets for the WSAZ, there is a "1" beside the school's name for each given wrestler that is classified as "JV" for the WSAZ.

My research shows that there were JV wrestlers that placed at the following weight classes: 106, 113 and 285.

Of all of these wrestlers classified as "JV", East Fairmont's Cassucio placed the highest with 2nd place.

I will provide more analysis later for all of the weight classes. A very interesting story for each involved, in all weight classes mentioned.

Enjoy!!!!!

mscoach20

Postby mscoach20 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:29 pm

Bearhugger wrote:

In looking at the brackets for the WSAZ, there is a "1" beside the school's name for each given wrestler that is classified as "JV" for the WSAZ.

My research shows that there were JV wrestlers that placed at the following weight classes: 106, 113 and 285.

Of all of these wrestlers classified as "JV", East Fairmont's Cassucio placed the highest with 2nd place.

I will provide more analysis later for all of the weight classes. A very interesting story for each involved, in all weight classes mentioned.

Enjoy!!!!!

Cassucio is the varsity wrestler. He is not JV.

EDITED BEFORE YOU JUMP ME FOR THE 1 BEING BY HIS NAME: It was made notice that he was starter in coaches only thread. But ultimately, this does show that the JV kid competing with the varsity kids is the exception and not the rule. Most the JV had a rough weekend...
Tench

vortexfan

Postby vortexfan » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:06 pm

Bearhugger wrote:

Enjoy!!!!!

Awaiting the last man standing post, how soon will it be posted?

magna145

Postby magna145 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:32 pm

Talking about deja vu. Wasn’t Cussucio in the middle of a JV/ Varsity controversy last year and now the same thing again this year?

mscoach57

Postby mscoach57 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:37 pm

mscoach20 wrote:
Bearhugger wrote:

Enjoy!!!!!

EDITED BEFORE YOU JUMP ME FOR THE 1 BEING BY HIS NAME: It was made notice that he was starter in coaches only thread. But ultimately, this does show that the JV kid competing with the varsity kids is the exception and not the rule. Most the JV had a rough weekend...

Was he "inherited talent" or did the coaches develop his talent?

magna145

Postby magna145 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:12 pm

Something seems odd. Why was Cussucio a starter at Winner’s then JV at WSAZ. However, he clearly was the better wrestler at WSAZ. Must’ve got on the coaches bad side or something. :lol:

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:21 pm

mscoach20 wrote:
Bearhugger wrote:

Enjoy!!!!!

In all sincerity, I do not understand your post. I have read it four times.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:32 pm

vortexfan wrote:
Bearhugger wrote:

Enjoy!!!!!

Awaiting the last man standing post, how soon will it be posted?

Maybe within the next 24 hours.

Return to “High School Wrestling”