Point Vs University

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
ChaseSingle

Point Vs University

Postby ChaseSingle » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:24 am

Point Pleasant defeated 3rd ranked AAA team University 29-27 :shock:

TheDonald

Re: Point Vs University

Postby TheDonald » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:34 am

106: Stockett (U) dec Cornell (P) 2-0
113: C. Smith (P) dec Matthews (U) 7-4
120: Staud (U) dec G. Smith (P) 3-0
126: Simpson (U) dec Freeman (P) 2-1
132: Bennett (U) m-dec Oliver (P) 8-0
138: Pauley (U) dec Wilson (P) 4-0
145: Samson (P) dec Gidley (U) 10-4
152: Southall (P) m-dec Miller (U) 13-2
160: Zeiders (U) t-fall Roub (P) 18-3
170: Bryant (P) dec Ruddman (U) 5-1
182: Hill (P) forfeit
195: Marquez (P) m-dec Saunders (U) 13-5
220: Gribble (U) fall Ball (P)
285: Muncy (P) fall Fowler (U)

Seems as if Zieders is having some weight cutting/gaining issues? This looks like it was an exciting dual! Congrats to PP!

ZZChooseTop

Postby ZZChooseTop » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:46 am

oh man, add point to the hated teams list.

WP1992

Postby WP1992 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:52 am

Did East Fairmont compete?

maskedman

Postby maskedman » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:28 am

WP1992 wrote:Did East Fairmont compete?

Yes, won both duals.

ZZChooseTop

Postby ZZChooseTop » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:44 am

et tu east fairmont? So now the hawks boss either hates or is jealous of 3 aa and 1 aaa? I hope Mylan sells sleep aids cheaper than it sells epipens

WP1992

Postby WP1992 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:10 pm

Are there any results for East Fairmont Vs. Point and University?

maskedman

Postby maskedman » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:22 pm

ZZChooseTop wrote:et tu east fairmont? So now the hawks boss either hates or is jealous of 3 aa and 1 aaa? I hope Mylan sells sleep aids cheaper than it sells epipens

Why would Doc Miller want to continue a site to build up WV wrestling when 5 people spend 90 percent of their time on here trying to tear down WV Wrestling, WV Wrestlers, WV Wrestling Coaches and officials.

The constant negativity really takes away from the forum.

Need to get it cleaned up or this site will not survive!

Where did University's coach say he hated anyone when he lost? You started a childish pi$$ing contest because he said that there was more teams in the state with good wrestlers. Not directed at you, more defending all wrestlers in the state that do go and compete and are competitive. Looking at his post, he was giving credit to all teams and coaches, not demeaning any certain teams.

Whether intentionally or unintentionally, you are becoming one of the select few that spend 90 percent of your time on here trying to add negativity to the site. Let it go man! Let it go!

Bucktail

Postby Bucktail » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:19 pm

ZZChooseTop wrote:oh man, add point to the hated teams list.

Point Pleasant absolutely outwrestled University. They were the better team last night. good job Coach Bonecutter.

Mr. ChooseTop, I apologize for having struck a nerve with you that seem unable to let go off. Here is the original post with the explanation in hopes the education may benefit you that you can resume normal daily life aspirations and no longer suffer from ruminating thoughts about this subject. My only request of you is that you take a philosophy class on abstract thought, it could help you to build a more solid foundation for understanding future abstractions. Furthermore, I fully understand that having me or someone else reply to your sordid little jab fires up your serotonin and dopamine levels, your welcome. Unfortunately, my response here is also the primary reinforcement you are looking for and makes me a bit of an enabler, so other than prayer, education is all I have to work with. Good luck with future ruminations, I hope you can grow through this experience.

From Dec. posts you so readily refer to:

"I don't like South. However, they clearly have an impressive level of talent on their team and kudos to them for being recognized on a national level. That's a big accomplishment. Clearly not all of their wrestlers grew up in Parkersburg, but I would venture to guess that more of their wrestlers began in their elementary program than most of the teams on that national ranking list. That is an under-recognized accomplishment. I still hope they lose more than they win when wrestling in the state & OVAC, but their accomplishments make WV wrestling look good and get noticed. For that, love them or hate them, we should all be very grateful. Congratulations Park South.

J. Zeiders

'On a separate note, did J. Zeiders mean he didn't like the people from South, the wrestlers from South, or just the school in general? I actually always liked his son when I watched him wrestle over the years (if I'm actually addressing the correct person).'

Since asked, I shall clarify. In 2007 I was a lowly assistant in the video office for WVU football. I had already learned that a good Mountaineer always cheers against Pitt. My uncle is a Pitt graduate and loves the school, even at times wasting his money going to watch them play football. I don't hate my uncle, I just pull for any one who they play. Funny thing is, he does the same for WVU. we have some fun discussions around it. It maybe somewhat of a dichotomy, maybe, but easy for me to separate the two entities, the people & the team. When Owen, who yes is my son, was our kicker for football (sophomore season), the only kicking camp reasonably close by that worked for his wrestling schedule was at Pitt. I still accompanied him, had a friendly banter with their running backs coach, Andre Powell, who often spends time relaxing at Tygart Lake. I don't hate him, but I still want Pitt football to lose every game. In addition, seeing their facilities, they are nice and I respect what they bring to the game and understand why kids go to school there.

Park South. I don't hate any individuals from Parkersburg, in fact most of the ones I have spoken too have been kind and understanding and jovial. My son frequently communicates with Zane & Luke, considers them to be good people and enjoys his conversations. I am a ginger and pull for gingers. So if Drew Dunbar is wrestling somebody not from University, its just fine for him to win. Loudon Haga wrestled with Owen in Virginia Beach for next level, good kid. Here is the thing. In sports its a little more exciting if you have teams to pull for or against. Its not about the people, its about the entity. I really wanted Park South to beat Parkersburg in football, it would make our conference look better & South's football coaches are good guys. Much of my sports ire would be directed at Morgantown, but there wrestling team is not much of a challenge. The only feeder program they have in town, is at University and coached by University people. In football, its different, I hope MHS loses every game, but I also consider Matt Lacy (Morgantown's Head coach) to be a friend. I did my student teaching with him, he's an exceptionally good dude. I don't hate him or wish him ill, I don't pull for the entity that is Morgantown football.

Humans are full of dichotomies. Maybe that is where I reside, but I think it is easy to understand why I would want Park South to be dominant out of state and then lose in state, it would elevate the state of WV wrestling. In doing so it would make University and the other schools look good too. It should not have been taken personal and in fact, was really written to be a compliment. Stating I am not a Park South fan and explaining my wishes but acknowledging their superiority with a talent base who began in their pee-wee program is impressive. I used the fact I am not a Park South fan to provide gravity and leverage to the statement. As opposed to a Park fan who's bias is worn on their sleeve. I hope this explanation suffices, I will be available to discuss over a brewski at OVAC or states, God willing. "

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:24 pm

maskedman wrote:
ZZChooseTop wrote:et tu east fairmont? So now the hawks boss either hates or is jealous of 3 aa and 1 aaa? I hope Mylan sells sleep aids cheaper than it sells epipens

Why would Doc Miller want to continue a site to build up WV wrestling when 5 people spend 90 percent of their time on here trying to tear down WV Wrestling, WV Wrestlers, WV Wrestling Coaches and officials.

Where did University's coach say he hated anyone when he lost? You started a childish pi$$ing contest because he said that there was more teams in the state with good wrestlers. Not directed at you, more defending all wrestlers in the state that do go and compete and are competitive. Looking at his post, he was giving credit to all teams and coaches, not demeaning any certain teams.

Whether intentionally or unintentionally, you are becoming one of the select few that spend 90 percent of your time on here trying to add negativity to the site. Let it go man! Let it go!

ZZ, the comments about University are not cool.

Maskedman, lets not think that once a person becomes a coach, their honesty and ethics are perfect and/or above that of a young wrestler.

If you look at the forum topics that seem to be currently buzzing, they are:

1. How the JV wrestlers for many schools did at the WSAZ. This has been a hot topic for at least two seasons now. Nothing negative.
2. Seeding at the WSAZ. Nobody seems to want to comment, although it was mentioned in the WSAZ coach's meeting that "somebody wanted to know the seeding criteria". People VOLUNTEER information to me all the time. Even coaches. I get private messages all the time. When it was questioned last week, no criteria was offered but I received plenty of "mind your own business" comments. I am really beginning to suspect something here.
3. Rankings. We have had rankings for years. People love them. People like to talk, debate, etc. It has been going on for years. Why is it a problem now??? The readers then started compiling their own rankings and even that was received with "stop, do not fill up the forum" type comments.

This is the United States of America. We have freedom of speech. Many great Americans have fought and died to protect these rights. This is not Russia, this is not Cuba, this is not China and this is not North Korea. As for the forum, there is a list of rules pertaining to conduct. If the terms of conduct need to be amended, no problem. If the terms of conduct are not violated, then all readers need to question if and when they are censored, hushed or snipped.

History shows that people eventually screw up. The 20 year ref finally can't do the job and make the calls. The 3x state champ finally gets in trouble. The 20 year coach finally gets caught up in something.

As for supporting wrestling, I have created a Facebook page dedicated to promoting "wrestling", promoting "wrestlers", advertising camps, advertising clinics, advertising colleges, etc. The friend list is over 1,500 strong and growing. I promote people's kids that I do not even know. Some more than others because of the frequency of incoming material (if mom A posts 100 pictures and mom B posts 2 pictures, mom A's wrestler will probably get more shares due to volume).

Just at the WSAZ, I had a man walk across the building, up the stairs to meet me. He wasn't even from WV, but from a PA school. He didn't come to shut me up. He came to tell me that he liked what I was doing. I had never communicated with him in any manner prior to that day.

As for WVMAT, I have probably 3,000 posts. Over 1,000 more than the next which is my friend Gator. I have never had my account suspended. I bet I haven't been "snipped" more than 2-3 times. HOWEVER, if there is ever a story or a message that I feel so strong about.........I will get it out!!!!!

Add me as a friend on Facebook. W.V. On Mat

Enjoy!!!!!
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:30 pm

maskedman wrote:

I totally agree with what maskedman is saying here. First of all, I was the one that pointed out Bucktail's statement and I believe he provided a very eloquent explanation of his thoughts and meanings and I respected that. All that is being done now is spreading lies (the original post used the phrase "don't like" and not "hate") and negativity, which no one from University was doing. ZZChoosetop has unfortunately become what he despised. Happens all the time on here if people don't watch what they say.

As I was composing this, I saw that Bucktail has again responded with a more eloquent post than me. But I am going to also go ahead and post this with the realization that it will more likely enable than educate, but maybe others will benefit from the lesson.

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:38 pm

After reading my post above, maybe I should have clarified " I agree with what maskedman is trying to say, but maybe not exactly the language and phrases he used to say it".
But hey, what about that Point vs. University dual?

Tiger44001

Postby Tiger44001 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:49 pm

TheDonald wrote:106: Stockett (U) dec Cornell (P) 2-0

Seems as if Zieders is having some weight cutting/gaining issues? This looks like it was an exciting dual! Congrats to PP!

Just an fyi, University had to juggle some of their weight classes for this tri due to 2 missing wrestlers last night. One is coming off an injury while another was hit with the flu that's going around. Hence, that is why Zeiders was BUMPED UP and others moved around.

Zippy

Postby Zippy » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:56 pm

Well that escalated quickly. But hey, great job Point! Looks like it was a dandy.

Bucktail

Postby Bucktail » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:00 pm

Tiger44001 wrote:

Just an fyi, University had to juggle some of their weight classes for this tri due to 2 missing wrestlers last night. One is coming off an injury while another was hit with the flu that's going around. Hence, that is why Zeiders was BUMPED UP and others moved around.

No excuses for University. As a University parent, they were out-wrestled by Point & East Fairmont. On this night, those two schools were the better wrestling teams.

aacoach30

Postby aacoach30 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:10 pm

Coach Maisel is a class act and runs a fantastic program. I personally have nothing but respect for him and his program. It was a fun and exciting Dual and we were fortunate enough to come out on top last night.

Good luck to the Hawks the rest of the season.

Coach Bonecutter

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:22 pm

Sounds like great and exciting matches all around and close, with both teams winning 7 weight classes and Point coming out on top.I know that this post says Point vs University, but the question has been raised on here already : Is there any access to a list of results between the two teams and East Fairmont or does one have to start a completely new post so they aren't accused of straying off topic ;). Not demanding, just asking!

aacoach30

Postby aacoach30 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:28 pm

Point Pleasant vs East Fairmont individual results was submitted this morning....should be up on scores soon

East Fairmont 42 Point Pleasant 30

Tiger44001

Postby Tiger44001 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:07 pm

Bucktail wrote:
Tiger44001 wrote:

No excuses for University. As a University parent, they were out-wrestled by Point & East Fairmont. On this night, those two schools were the better wrestling teams.

BUCKTAIL, I totally agree with you! Point Pleasant WAS the better team this night! I wasn't ring to make excuses, just point something out. To me, this was what a dual match is supposed to be about!!! A knock out, drag 'em out, SLOBBER KNOCKER!!!! As a fan, you couldn't ask for anything better!!!

Return to “High School Wrestling”