South JV results at Bob Zide Rumble

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
TrueSouthFanInPburg

South JV results at Bob Zide Rumble

Postby TrueSouthFanInPburg » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:45 am

I was just looking at the results at the Bob Zide Rumble for the South JV and I noticed 106-Miller was credited with 12 wins for the season. I've been keeping track of the wins and losses for the South team all year. I've found she has 14 wins this year. These results are on this site under scores and results and some can be found on the OVAEC site. I also found 126-Irizarry has 23 wins not 17, 132-Murray has 15 not 13, 145-Flinn has 19 not 15 and 160-Daniel has 15 not 13. These wrestlers have worked hard for these wins and deserve to be credited for all of them.

JennyHannan

Re: South JV results at Bob Zide Rumble

Postby JennyHannan » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:24 am

The records reported to the Bob Zide Williamstown Rumble for the South JV team represent their VARSITY level wins and losses. Their PowerAde tournament was a JV tournament; therefore those records don’t count toward their permanent varsity level record. Since the Bob Zide tournament is a varsity tournament, the varsity records were submitted. I showed Jarritt Flinn and Samantha Miller the scorebook on Saturday, explaining to them how their JV and exhibition level wins and losses are kept separately.

I have a spreadsheet that contains a tab for the varsity team’s totals as well as a tab for the JV team’s totals which indicates varsity records, JV/exhibition records, and a combined total.

Believe me, there has been enough disagreement over the years concerning the 100 win club that this was determined to be the most fair way to calculate records. Coaches Tim McCartney, Paul Jackson, Donna Dixon, and Shaun Smith have all been fine with it.

guard0544

Postby guard0544 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:39 am

JennyHannan wrote:The records reported to the Bob Zide Williamstown Rumble for the South JV team represent their VARSITY level wins and losses. Their PowerAde tournament was a JV tournament; therefore those records don’t count toward their permanent varsity level record. Since the Bob Zide tournament is a varsity tournament, the varsity records were submitted. I showed Jarritt Flinn and Samantha Miller the scorebook on Saturday, explaining to them how their JV and exhibition level wins and losses are kept separately.

I have a spreadsheet that contains a tab for the varsity team’s totals as well as a tab for the JV team’s totals which indicates varsity records, JV/exhibition records, and a combined total.

Believe me, there has been enough disagreement over the years concerning the 100 win club that this was determined to be the most fair way to calculate records. Coaches Tim McCartney, Paul Jackson, Donna Dixon, and Shaun Smith have all been fine with it.

Do you count wrestle offs on the records? Just checking :)

JennyHannan

Postby JennyHannan » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:48 pm

No. :)

Return to “High School Wrestling”