Parkersburg vs Point Pleasant

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Oldtimer

Parkersburg vs Point Pleasant

Postby Oldtimer » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:38 pm

AAA #2 Parkersburg will be wrestling AA #3 Point Pleasant tonight . Should be some pretty good matches.

pkbwrestling

Re: Parkersburg vs Point Pleasant

Postby pkbwrestling » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:10 pm

PHS (41) vs Point Pleasant (28)

106# Donahue- W by Decision in OT
113# Westfall- L
120# Byrd- L
126# Couch- L
132# Moler- W by Fall
138# Best- W by Fall
145# Carder- W by Forfeit
152# King- W by Major Decision
160# Mathess- W by Decision
170# McCune- L
182# Nay- W by Fall
195# Forfeit
220# Wade- W by Fall
285# Cooper- L

Way to Go Big Reds! Nice win boys!!

ringworm14

Re: Parkersburg vs Point Pleasant

Postby ringworm14 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:24 am

Took me a while to figure it out in my old age, but was finally able to find, purchase, and watch the stream of the dual online.
Not sure who the commentators of the dual were but they did an astounding job of calling the action and keeping the audience informed of what was going on. They also threw in some humor which i liked as i dont like watching cut and dry/boring commentary.
It was nice to be sitting in my recliner 100 miles away and feel like i was right there in the gym watching.
I must say, i expected the team score to be a tad closer but it went about as i had expected with having decent knowledge of these two teams.
2 matches that surprised me though were 106 and 120. I was not expecting the younger Smith to hang in there so close with Donahue, but those two wrestled a tight overtime thriller!
i expected 120 to be a tight one but Smith ended up (i believe) majoring Byrd!
A very nice Wednesday evening dual from two of west Virginia's historically successful programs. Love the weekday duals!!
Side question; Does anyone know if there will be streaming of any of the regional and states? At this point in time i dont believe i will be able to make it any.

Watch out for the ringworm!!

Return to “High School Wrestling”