Rea Defeats Teasedale

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Bearhugger

Rea Defeats Teasedale

Postby Bearhugger » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:18 pm

That is the word.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

FBISURVALINCEVAN1

Re: Rea Defeats Teasedale

Postby FBISURVALINCEVAN1 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:54 pm

Just saw via Twitter score was 8-4 Rea.

Wmc2

Postby Wmc2 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:22 pm

I was there, he won 8-4, no big moves, no questionable calls. He just flat out won.
Congratulations.

aacoach111

Postby aacoach111 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:24 pm

Caleb is such a hard worker and motivated competitor. Coach Terry Rea and Coach Tommie Goff do such an outstanding job of preparing him for every match. Caleb simply went after Teasdale and made more positive moves and less mistakes. A great match to watch!

Tommie Goff

Postby Tommie Goff » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:43 pm

What an awesome match for Caleb and what a privilege to get to Coach it. Needless to Say Terry and I were pretty excited at the end. Lol

Gator

Postby Gator » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:07 am

Great win Caleb! Congratulations!!

I just shared Coach Rea’s Video of the match on WV on Mat’s Facebook page.
Moderator WV Mat

Diamond

Postby Diamond » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:23 pm

That’s an incredible win. So much you should definitely run out and have it published in the newspaper. Oh never mind, you did. It mentioned how he took it to Oak Glenn’s Hall. What I missed between how he took it to the sophomore Hall 5-4 and how he defeated the #3 wrestler in the nation Gavin Teasdale 8-4 was how Anthony Rice 138# OVAC Champion from Steubenville beat him 8-1 last weekend. It’s not fair to leave that out while singing your praises is it??? We win/we lose tell it straight...
http://www.theintelligencer.net/sports/top-sports/2018/02/weirs-rea-stuns-no-3-teasdale/

Coachtt

Postby Coachtt » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:43 pm

Didn't run out and have it published in newspaper, they were already there. Yes, he lost to Rice in an exhibition match at a student body match. Big Red wrestled the night before in a dual. So there was a weight allowance. Both schools talked the day before, since big red did t have a 132, if Caleb would be willing to wrestle and exhibition for the student body match, to get kids I to wrestling. Caleb won his regulation match by forfeit. Yes, Caleb lost the match, but it was an exhibition to Anthony,who I respect and hold in high regard! The newspaper where not there, it was not in weirton, we were at Harding middle school? So what is your angle?

Diamond

Postby Diamond » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:54 pm

No angle at all... His win yesterday is a great achievement. All the people he defeated are mentioned, paint the whole picture how it is, not just how you want it to appear.

Coachtt

Postby Coachtt » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:10 pm

What painting? We did not write the articles in the paper? The reporters ask questions Coaches and wrestlers answer them. The reporters write their articles from information that they collect. If someone would have asked about the EXHIBITION match with Anthony, I am sure Caleb or Coach Taylor would have spoke about it. Only a person, with some angle (reason) would think the truth was being withheld! If I am not mistaken the results of that dual were posted on OVAEC.org and were published in the Weirton Daily Times.
Personally, I agree with you! The picture wasn't painted correctly, never in any of the articles was there anything brought up about me. I heard the questions asked and Caleb answer them, but they we're never printed!
If you are a Coach, Parent or wrestler in the state of WV, I wish you luck in Regionals next weekend, if not good luck to you.

Sincerely,
Terry Rea
AKA Coach TT

guard0544

Postby guard0544 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:31 pm

Diamond wrote:No angle at all... His win yesterday is a great achievement. All the people he defeated are mentioned, paint the whole picture how it is, not just how you want it to appear.

Wow. Get a grip. A great win and the paper does a write up and you lose your mind because the paper didn’t mention a loss the kid had in a exhibition match at a middle school. Clearly some personal axe to grind.

baxter841

Postby baxter841 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:14 pm

This is very positive for wv wrestling. I really don't see any reason for the other comments. Congrats Caleb!

mscoach27

Postby mscoach27 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:51 pm

Congratulations to a great wrestler. Should be an exciting state tournament.

Qualityshots

Postby Qualityshots » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:05 pm

Im gonna be honest here. I dont know this young man or any of the coaches mentioned. I also dont give a crap who he won or lost to. As a WV wrestling fan both AA and AAA I love it when we chalk up a win against a high caliber wrestler from another area. It shows people that in WV we can wrestle with the big dogs. Im a little disgusted by anyone taking a great match away from a true warrior like this guy. As for the coaches, I used to coach and I would have been all in the news and running down the streets. Job well done to both the coaches and the young man that is making WV proud.

WV-WAY

Postby WV-WAY » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:11 pm

Great job Caleb. As you see here you are doing something right because you have haters. If you read this junk which I hope you don't you have better to do, but if you do. You are doing everything right. People can't handle someone that does something great, because they can't do it themselves so they have to try to bring you down. Go on and use people like that as fuel to your fire to keep going on and getting better and better, while a keyboard warrior is on a rant on a loss. Please Diamond go somewhere else and troll! Keep it up Caleb WV is proud of you!

WrestlingFan1

Postby WrestlingFan1 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:16 pm

Well done. Congratulations on a great win.

aacoach111

Postby aacoach111 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:33 pm

When you have your boys avoid the best competitors, they win a lot of matches but get little recognition. As is the case with several local wrestlers. They would do anything possible to avoid wrestling Peyton Hall, Gavin Teasdale, Anthony Rice or Caleb Rea.
Caleb wants to wrestle these top guys. He has never avoided a quality opponent. Consequently, he has lost several times to these guys (career record 158-12). But when you pursue the best, sometimes you knock them off. Caleb has beaten 2 exceptional wrestlers in Hall and Teasdale in the past month while losing an exhibition match to Rice. I call that an amazing month of wrestling!

69fan

Postby 69fan » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:34 pm

Diamond wrote:That’s an incredible win. So much you should definitely run out and have it published in the newspaper. Oh never mind, you did. It mentioned how he took it to Oak Glenn’s Hall. What I missed between how he took it to the sophomore Hall 5-4 and how he defeated the #3 wrestler in the nation Gavin Teasdale 8-4 was how Anthony Rice 138# OVAC Champion from Steubenville beat him 8-1 last weekend. It’s not fair to leave that out while singing your praises is it??? We win/we lose tell it straight...
http://www.theintelligencer.net/sports/top-sports/2018/02/weirs-rea-stuns-no-3-teasdale/

Such a strange thing to post. So in 3 weeks when 28 kids win state titles will you complain when the papers fail to mention the kids losses in the articles? Clearly you have an issue and some obvious jealousy towards Rea. Give credit where credit is due.

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:37 am

First of all, congratulations to Caleb and his coaches and family.
Secondly, after watching him this season at the Ironman and the OVAC tournament, I think the article could have been titled "Teasdale almost beats Rae" as it should not have been a foregone conclusion that Caleb would lose. (not taking anything from Teasdale).
Lastly, and I'm not questioning the victory, but I watched the video and couldn't help ask the question---If it was tied 4-4 after 2 periods and there was an escape and takedow in the third, how did the score end up at 8-4, I didn't catch the other point being awarded. It's not important but I was just curious.

Bucktail

Postby Bucktail » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:34 am

baxter841 wrote:This is very positive for wv wrestling. I really don't see any reason for the other comments. Congrats Caleb!

Amen. Well stated.

ZZChooseTop

Postby ZZChooseTop » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:55 am

The kid takes on a killer schedule and doesn't change weights to run from anyone but does change weights to get better competition in an exhibition. Sounds to me like a kid we should be bragging about not tearing down. The kid his coaches and parents are to be applauded.

Truesouthfaninhunt

Postby Truesouthfaninhunt » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:45 am

Can’t we all just get along?

mscoach20

Postby mscoach20 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:30 pm

https://observer-reporter.com/sports/te ... 1451d.html

Another article on it. Not sure where Rea is ranked 6. Intermat does have Teasdale at 3 at 126 and Flo has him at 6 according to their own coverage of the match. Didn't realize there was such a large gap in the weights initially.
Tench

shemailman

Postby shemailman » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:44 pm

Fantastic job Caleb!
"Trans people deserve something vital; they deserve your respect. From that respect comes a more compassionate community."

-Caitlyn Jenner

WP1992

Postby WP1992 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:12 pm

There is a great deal of incorrect information in that article. Rae has been 132 all year. In the places I look (Flo and Intermat) he was not ranked in the top 25 going into this weekend, however, he may be now! I was there, and it was the best wrestling match I have seen in 35 years of wrestling. It was like the movie Vision Quest came to life in front of our eyes. Caleb is a great young man and a good role model for younger kids. He is very deserving of everything good that comes his way. Congrats to him and the Weir High Coaching staff.

csmith11

Postby csmith11 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:14 pm

That article is just making excuses for Teasdale. They both have been at 132 all year except when he ran at Powerade down to 126. It sounds a lot better him giving up 2 weight classes to face a ranked guy than him losing to a unranked wv kid. . . That being said that is a awesome win and hopefully he starts getting the recognition he deserves.

mscoach20

Postby mscoach20 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:57 pm

Don't shoot the messenger. Just posting the info that was found. I doubt they are making any excuses for Teasdale; probably just inaccurate information. He's going to Penn State and Cael probably is not concerned about one loss on the resume when there are three (probably four) PA titles also attached to said resume.
Tench

WV-WAY

Postby WV-WAY » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:30 pm

I do know they both weighed in the exact weight.

Return to “High School Wrestling”