Individual Rankings Have Been Submitted to the Coaches' Forum

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
JennyHannan

Individual Rankings Have Been Submitted to the Coaches' Forum

Postby JennyHannan » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:51 am

Doc sent the suggested rankings to the Coaches' Forum last night for a Thursday night release. (Thank you, Aaacoach49 for your quick input!) I encourage those of you who are awaiting the rankings to ask your team's coach to review the rankings and request changes based on results, not intuition, as Doc's rankings are objective rather than subjective. The rankings have always been based on reported results, initiated by Doc, then discussed and voted upon by the coaches, hence the name, 'West Virginia Wrestling Coaches Association/wvmat.com High School Polls".

Yes, the rankings are late this year. I myself even missed having them, as I use them for the South Senior Night writeups as well as the OVAC Semifinalist and Finalist Marquee Matchup writeups. Had I really wanted them out that badly, though, I'd have done something about it back in early January and helped Doc out. KennyFPowers and his meticulous work is proof that a person can take the time to rank the wrestlers in a fair, objective manner. Maskedman also helped out too, so thank you, Guys! Thank you also to anyone who may have helped these guys with their rankings by noting significant head to head results.

I know there will be people who won't be pleased, and I know some wrestlers will have been overlooked. Doc has thick skin and can take the criticism, and I know he's open to suggestions. (I'm going to help him out by making requested changes from the coaches based on results.) As his friend, however, while I'm going to welcome you to complain about the actual rankings all you want, I'm also going to ask you to take it easy on him on the subject of the timing of the rankings. Some of you may not know it, but Doc had a major heart attack this spring and is still recovering. This website is a free service which is paid for entirely by Doc himself. And Doc certainly receives no pay for all the hard work he does, except maybe a press pass at the state tournament.

Some posters on here remind me of my cat, who was originally my stepdaughter's cat, then my husband's cat before I came along. He used to get fed twice a day and would only get lap time in the evenings. Now he expects to be fed whenever he gets a little insistent, plus he expects to lie on my lap every morning at 4:00 a.m., even on weekends. I've created the monster, and now I have to live with the complaints if I don't deliver what he feels he's entitled to. Sound familiar? (This analogy is purely for fun, so don't take offense.)

Best of luck to all of our wrestlers this weekend!

Gator

Re: Individual Rankings Have Been Submitted to the Coaches' Forum

Postby Gator » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:41 am

Thank you Jenny! All you said is very true!

There are not many that actually know what Doc and his family have endured the past year. Only by the grace of God we still have Doc with us. We are so thankful for that grace!

I have thanked KennyFPowers and MaskedMan for provided rankings on here. They took the time to research and put together the rankings for all to enjoy. What is probably more remarkable is that the input they received on the list was mostly positive and informative. They are done for entertainment and gives us the opportunity to see who’s who around the state. Thank you both for getting involved!

Jenny, I have a dog as “needy” as your cat! :D
Moderator WV Mat

Cummings

Postby Cummings » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:47 am

A big round of applause for Doc Miller! We all enjoy the history, updates, and banter on his website.

Good job to all the coaches or stat personnel that helped compile this year's rankings.

It's nice to have people like Jenny around.

Good luck at regional this weekend.
[color=#FF0000]Lee Cummings

tnur12

Postby tnur12 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:24 pm

Please everyone note that the individual rankings poll will not come into play during seeding meetings.

Return to “High School Wrestling”