AAA Pill Drawings - Pre-Regional

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
brentsams

AAA Pill Drawings - Pre-Regional

Postby brentsams » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:15 pm

Killing a little time and thought I would look at State Pairings base on Regional Seeding. Here are how the pills would be if the seedings play out at regionals:

Pill 1
AAA PRE-REGIONALS 2018 Pill 1 106-145.pdf
(226.83 KiB) Downloaded 435 times
AAA PRE-REGIONALS 2018 Pill 1 152-285.pdf
(228.79 KiB) Downloaded 309 times

Pill 2
AAA PRE-REGIONALS 2018 Pill 2 106-145.pdf
(226.68 KiB) Downloaded 389 times
AAA PRE-REGIONALS 2018 Pill 2 152-285.pdf
(228.81 KiB) Downloaded 310 times

Pill 3
AAA PRE-REGIONALS 2018 Pill 3 106-145.pdf
(225.62 KiB) Downloaded 245 times
AAA PRE-REGIONALS 2018 Pill 3 152-285.pdf
(227.82 KiB) Downloaded 237 times

masonbailey

Re: AAA Pill Drawings - Pre-Regional

Postby masonbailey » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:04 pm

Always ahead of the game! I have the same thing made for AA/A. I like your thought process!

They are on my computer and I am about to go flying. I didn’t plan on posting it until regionals were over.

As always, nice work!

rodneyjwv

Postby rodneyjwv » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:07 pm

Why would anyone download these? Pre-regional brackets? Funny how not one of the scenarios have Braxton Amos or Josh H. From South as top Seed.
I understand it's a pre-regional and all, but not one of South's Wrestlers make 1 seed. I sure would think B. Amos being undefeated and not a single offensive point scored against him by WV wrestler would put him as a #1 seed.

Good luck to all the wrestler competing this weekend! Safe travels for all those traveling to compete. May the cream rise to the Top.

Hopefully we won't have too many finals match ups in the Quaterfinals or semifinals. That's One of the stupid outcomes provided by the pill! Wish WVSSAC would grow a set and seed the,tournament.

Look at OVAC as an example, more wrestlers, more schools and after,the dust,settled, the seeding committee was only off in less than 5 instances. It could be done, but for some reason or another, it's always shot down for some ridiculous reasons..

Again, good luck to all participants, and safe travels for all travelers over the regional and State weekends.
Rodney James
HS Wrestling Fan GO SOUTH!!

maskedman

Postby maskedman » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:16 pm

rodneyjwv wrote:Why would anyone download these? Pre-regional brackets? Funny how not one of the scenarios have Braxton Amos or Josh H. From South as top Seed.
I understand it's a pre-regional and all, but not one of South's Wrestlers make 1 seed. I sure would think B. Amos being undefeated and not a single offensive point scored against him by WV wrestler would put him as a #1 seed.

Good luck to all the wrestler competing this weekend! Safe travels for all those traveling to compete. May the cream rise to the Top.

Hopefully we won't have too many finals match ups in the Quaterfinals or semifinals. That's One of the stupid outcomes provided by the pill! Wish WVSSAC would grow a set and seed the,tournament.

Look at OVAC as an example, more wrestlers, more schools and after,the dust,settled, the seeding committee was only off in less than 5 instances. It could be done, but for some reason or another, it's always shot down for some ridiculous reasons..

Again, good luck to all participants, and safe travels for all travelers over the regional and State weekends.

Well Rodney, if you know the state tournament brackets, which you obviously don't, region1 champion will ALWAYS, be on the top line, it is how the pills line it up. Everything is a rotation, depending on the pill. So when you see the brackets in two weeks, you won't see a single South wrestler on the top line, to include Braxton, not a cut to him, the way it has been done for a really long time.

brentsams

Postby brentsams » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:49 am

Rodney,
The State Tournament is not seeded.
After years of being in Region 1, South and PHS was moved to Region 4 last year. The brackets for the State Tournament are pre-determine base on a blind Pill draw after regionals are completed. It is hard to get use to, but since the move to Region 4, you will not see a South or PHS regional champ on the top line of the brackets anymore. (I think it's a psychological plot from the haters. just joking)

Each quarter bracket will have a regional champ on it's top line (lines 5, 9 and 13), depending on The Pill draw. On those lines is where you will find the Region 2, 3 and 4 Champions. They rotate from weight class to weight class, depending on which Pill is drawn. Region 1 Champion will always be on the 1st quarter bracket line 1.

The pre-regional brackets are just for fun to look ahead at possible state tournaments pairings. The state rankings have no impact on the brackets but it's interesting to see how the #1 and #2 rank wrestlers could be drawn determined by The Pill. #1 and #2 could matchup early in the state tounament instead of the finals. It makes for great banter on the forum heading into State Tournament.

See you around - Brent

rodneyjwv

Postby rodneyjwv » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:55 am

And you capitalize my point Masked man!

The Pill is poison to WV wrestling and has been since inception.

What is the reason for not seeding the State Tournament and using a Pill in the place of actual records, tournament criteria?

What so hard about seeding the tournament? Only 4 regions, 4 qualifying from each. That 16 wrestler from each weight class and then you have to put top 8 in somewhat of an order depending on criteria. Not rocket science. But it is much more precise than the "Pill"

The pill is as ridiculous as the regional alignment. If they actually wanted to promote and grow the sport in WV. They should start by making it uniform with most states in the country. I'm sure there are more Seeded state wrestling tournaments in the USA than there are Pill states.

The pill and the illogical regional alignment resembles our twisted Senate and congress. They don't want to debate facts, and make informed decisions, they Groupthink, and take the easy way out by blaming it on the pill or in governments case the other party.

It took WV how many years to elect a republican senate and house? It will probably take 3x as long to change from good old boys WVSSAC, to a organization of representatives from each sport it has authority over.

just my 10 cents, 2 was not enough....

Thanks Brent for your work. I'm not bashing the messenger or message. I'm only questioning the methods of the powers that are supposed to promote and advance high school sports....
Rodney James
HS Wrestling Fan GO SOUTH!!

mscoach4

Postby mscoach4 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:16 am

In reality Rodney you have 4 brackets with all 4 region champions as 1 seeds in each of the 4 brackets. The pill seeds all 4 champions equally and if all 4 hold seed they will meet in the semis. The part people don't like is that in actuality the 2 best wrestlers might be from the same region and meet in the semis instead of the finals. Quite often the Friday night semis are the best night of wrestling in most weights. The pill system is what it is and we live with it. I kinda like the human opinion element being eliminated from the process although in a way it is affected by the regional seeding. This year we will have 2 weeks to look at the brackets and anticipate the possible exciting matches that will take place in the quarters and semis.

Truesouthfaninhunt

Postby Truesouthfaninhunt » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:24 am

Let the Pill debate officially begin.

mscoach57

Postby mscoach57 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:54 am

mscoach4 wrote:The part people don't like is that in actuality the 2 best wrestlers might be from the same region and meet in the semis instead of the finals. Quite often the Friday night semis are the best night of wrestling in most weights. The pill system is what it is and we live with it. I kinda like the human opinion element being eliminated from the process although in a way it is affected by the regional seeding. This year we will have 2 weeks to look at the brackets and anticipate the possible exciting matches that will take place in the quarters and semis.
. A good thing about the pill is If the two best are from the same region they're always separated. Sometimes the human element might put them on same side of bracket. Region champ at #1 and then lets suppose three other region champs wrestle cake schedules and are undefeated then they will be seeded 2-4, the second best wrestler and region 1 runner up would be seeded 5 and therefore we wouldn't get the best finals match.

brentsams

Postby brentsams » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:49 am

mscoach4 wrote:The part people don't like is that in actuality the 2 best wrestlers might be from the same region and meet in the semis instead of the finals.

If #1 and #2 are from the same region, they will meet in the finals. Sometimes #2 and #3 from different regions can meet in the quarter-finals.

Return to “High School Wrestling”