Which Pill?

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
KDunbar

Re: Which Pill?

Postby KDunbar » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:59 pm

mscoach20 wrote:
shemailman wrote:
mscoach20 wrote:
I'm not sure how making that comment has anything to do with anything...but ok.

Judging by your previous comment it sounds like you don’t think that it was a terrible thing to do to a kid. Schenerlein isn’t known for being the most upstanding citizen but it was beyond low for even him. I guess it was funny too when people affiliated with phs made shirts that said It’s a “Dunn” deal on them pertaining to the last name of the “kid.” It seems as though you would fit in with those individuals. So good for you.

You got all of this from my comment? I believe this is a classic situation where you find what you’re looking for. Clearly none of that was implied by the fact if 3 beats 6 this convo never happens...

I'm guessing that the response to this would be "why bother saying it in the first place?".
I'm not picking a side, it's just what came to mind.

aacoach124

Postby aacoach124 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:15 pm

TheBoxer wrote:While that story is interesting. I could go either way on a dirty move or a brilliant one. BUT... What does that have to do with the Pill? I'm sure there was a regional runner-up that was miserable about it a week later but did it change the outcome of the state tournament. (other than perceived points that would be scored?)

Every thread eventually becomes about South.

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:19 pm

Schenerlein wrote:Interesting that I’m still a topic of conversation as I’ve been an AD & peewee coach in FL for 6 years. Anyway, many inaccuracies in Mr. Dunbar’s post.

I never bragged in the stands. If anyone remembers me coaching they can attest that I rarely set in the stands during tournaments.

McCartney & I tied for Coach of Year (who cares).

The Morgantown AD knew zero about wrestling and never said that Rader didn’t ask permission to re-enter the tournament & this isn’t even a rule.

I conferred with the head referee before defaulting to insure it was legal and Rader still wrestle.

Lastly, Judge Hill (RIP) was not a PHS grad. He graduated from Fairmont SR.

Thanks and good luck at state tournament!

Since it isn't being denied, I'm guessing that answers the question.
Also, there's probably no statute of limitations on this kind of thing, and geography doesn't clear one's reputation. You'll go to the grave with this one as your epitaph.

However, given that one can choose to applaud this behavior, let's deal with something less subjective.
It can't be held in high regard when the behavior was denied under oath and thus individuals perjured themselves in court.

It needs to be pointed out that it was not in Branden Rader's favor to avoid a relatively easy win in the match he forfeited to wrestle a more difficult one with Dunn. Maybe it's karma that the very injury that lead to this behavior being considered haunted Branden the rest of his wrestling career and indeed cut it short and kept him from ever reaching the level he seemed destined to obtain. Maybe he sealed his fate (or his fate was sealed by a decision a high school coach, mentor, and role model made him make) with his followup decisions after he was lead down that path.

ringworm14

Postby ringworm14 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:39 pm

KDunbar wrote:
Schenerlein wrote:Interesting that I’m still a topic of conversation as I’ve been an AD & peewee coach in FL for 6 years. Anyway, many inaccuracies in Mr. Dunbar’s post.

I never bragged in the stands. If anyone remembers me coaching they can attest that I rarely set in the stands during tournaments.

McCartney & I tied for Coach of Year (who cares).

The Morgantown AD knew zero about wrestling and never said that Rader didn’t ask permission to re-enter the tournament & this isn’t even a rule.

I conferred with the head referee before defaulting to insure it was legal and Rader still wrestle.

Lastly, Judge Hill (RIP) was not a PHS grad. He graduated from Fairmont SR.

Thanks and good luck at state tournament!

Since it isn't being denied, I'm guessing that answers the question.
Also, there's probably no statute of limitations on this kind of thing, and geography doesn't clear one's reputation. You'll go to the grave with this one as your epitaph.

However, given that one can choose to applaud this behavior, let's deal with something less subjective.
It can't be held in high regard when the behavior was denied under oath and thus individuals perjured themselves in court.

It needs to be pointed out that it was not in Branden Rader's favor to avoid a relatively easy win in the match he forfeited to wrestle a more difficult one with Dunn. Maybe it's karma that the very injury that lead to this behavior being considered haunted Branden the rest of his wrestling career and indeed cut it short and kept him from ever reaching the level he seemed destined to obtain. Maybe he sealed his fate (or his fate was sealed by a decision a high school coach, mentor, and role model made him make) with his followup decisions after he was lead down that path.

You’re suggesting that Rader had career ending injuries due to knocking Dunn out of regionals? I’ve seen it all!

“Watch out for the ringworm!”

Return to “High School Wrestling”