A/AA Fearless Forecast

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
ZZChooseTop

A/AA Fearless Forecast

Postby ZZChooseTop » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:31 am

Don't take these too serious. Trying to wrap up what has been an interesting season.

106 Blake Boyers EF vs John Sanders Indy
In what is the most anticipated match since the surprise wrestleoff Sanders proves his mettle with a 5-2 decision. Assistant coach approaches head table and demands a best of 7 series. Request denied.

113 Bryce Perdue Indy vs Noah Hodges Grafton
The Patriots keep up their winning ways with a major decision.

120 Cole Laya EF vs Sean Dawson Indy. This ain't the Indy team of December. Dawson keeps it rolling by decision.

126 Brock Wharton EF vs Liam Lusher Indy Lusher with the upset by spladle. The animal jogs over from aaa to console the runner up and tells him that it happens to the best of us in this building. Indy coach comes out to center mat and holds up 4 fingers. Will hold a contest to make a cool name like murderers row for indys champs.

132 Caleb Rea Weir vs Peyton Hall OG. The match of the tournament. Hall wins this one in overtime. Following the match both wrestlers are invited to the AAA side of the building to talk to coaches and wrestlers about not running from competition. The 195 and 285's do not understand the concept.

138 Gage Vincent Brax vs Tanner Harris Indy. Very physical match has Vincent in the lead early but Harris finds a way to go out on top this year.

145 Jamie Ward Winfield vs Alex Hart Indy.
Winfield is building a program. If you don't believe me, try saying something that could be considered constructive criticism and Winfield momma will set you straight. In this weight Winfield takes home runner up to Alex Hart in a very good match.

152 Haegan Harvey Indy vs Davy Munday Berk Spring
Winningest wrestler in WV history falls one win shy of a title. Harvey dominates this one.

160 Dalton McCune Calhoun vs Connor Gibson Indy
McCune pulls some upsets in the early rounds but the Cinderella story ends with Gibson on top of the podium.

170 Hunter Moore Wirt vs Chase Patterson GW
Moore was arguably one of the most decorated youth wrestlers of this class but has not found a high school championship. Top half of this bracket is favorable to Moore cruising while Kotsco Williams and Patterson battle it out. Patterson wins the bottom battle royale and then wins in the finals too.

182 Alex Daniels Indy vs Paul Frampton Nitro. Frampton is a monster but Alex finds a way in a close one.

195 Jackson Moomau Petersburg vs Donavan Kirby Madonna
These are two men. Moomau by decision.

220 Gavin Shamblin Sissonville vs Trey Gunnoe Indy
Very concerned about deva vu, gunnoe is repeatedly reminded by his coaches to not lift his sissonville opponent off the mat an inch as few years ago a wrestler was counseled to stay down. Gunnoe wrestles conservative and wins the match in overtime.

285 Zach Frazier FS vs Garrett Ware Grafton
Frazier by pin.

MOW: for the first time in the history of the award, a jv wrestler gets the coaches vote. After a discussion with the tournament director the coaches re-vote and the award goes to Hall. Internet, radio, and tv are threatened with lawsuits if the first vote is discussed.

COY: Hart 5th title in a row and dominant performance.

FBISURVALINCEVAN1

Re: A/AA Fearless Forecast

Postby FBISURVALINCEVAN1 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:28 pm

ZZChooseTop wrote:Don't take these too serious. Trying to wrap up what has been an interesting season.

In what is the most anticipated match since the surprise wrestleoff Sanders proves his mettle with a 5-2 decision. Assistant coach approaches head table and demands a best of 7 series. Request denied.

113 Bryve Perdue Indy vs Noah Hodges Grafton

120 Cole Laya EF vs Sean Dawson Indy. This ain't the Indy team of December. Dawson keeps it rolling by decision.

126 Brock Wharton EF vs Liam Lusher Indy Lusher with the upset by spladle. The animal jogs over from aaa to console the runner up and tells him that it happens to the best of us in this building. Indy coach comes out to center mat and holds up 4 fingers. Will hold a contest to make a cool name like murderers row for indys champs.

132 Caleb Rea Weir vs Peyton Hall OG. The match of the tournament. Hall wins this one in overtime. Following the match both wrestlers are invited to the AAA side of the building to talk to coaches and wrestlers about not running from competition. The 195 and 285's do not understand the concept.

138 Gage Vincent Brax vs Tanner Harris Indy. Very physical match has Vincent in the lead early but Harris finds a way to go out on top this year.

Winfield is building a program. If you don't believe me, try saying something that could be considered constructive criticism and Winfield momma will set you straight. In this weight Winfield takes home runner up to Alex Hart in a very good match.

Winningest wrestler in WV history falls one win shy of a title. Harvey dominates this one.

McCune pulls some upsets in the early rounds but the Cinderella story ends with Gibson on top of the podium.

Moore was arguably one of the most decorated youth wrestlers of this class but has not found a high school championship. Top half of this bracket is favorable to Moore cruising while Kotsco Williams and Patterson battle it out. Patterson wins the bottom battle royale and then wins in the finals too.

182 Alex Daniels Indy vs Paul Frampton Nitro. Frampton is a monster but Alex finds a way in a close one.

Very concerned about deva vu, gunnoe is repeatedly reminded by his coaches to not lift his sissonville opponent off the mat an inch as few years ago a wrestler was counseled to stay down. Gunnoe wrestles conservative and wins the match in overtime.

Frazier by pin.

MOW: for the first time in the history of the award, a jv wrestler gets the coaches vote. After a discussion with the tournament director the coaches recite and the award goes to Hall. Internet, radio, and tv are threatened with lawsuits if the first vote is discussed.

Though I like some of these, I’ll throw my own input in

106- Boyer Vs Sander. Boyer’s 6-3
113: Whorton Vs Hodges. Hodges 3-1 OT
120- Laya vs Dawson. Laya 10-4
126- Whorton vs Lusher. Whorton 6-4
132- Hall Vs Rea. Hall 4-2 OT
138- Pumphrey vs Harris. Harris 8-1
145- Ward vs Hart. Ward 7-3
152- Kincell vs Munday. Kincell 6-5
160- Van meter vs Gibson. Gibson 10-2

The rest I’d have to agree.

ZZChooseTop

Postby ZZChooseTop » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:12 pm

I can see where reasonable minds would differ with me. It is good that we have so many good wrestlers to consider.

BobbyBoatly37

Postby BobbyBoatly37 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:26 pm

Not going to choose winners quite yet but heres where i have a difference of opinion as far as finalists.
Both of the smith boys from point pleasant will have a great chance of finaling at 106 and 120.
Gotta throw whorton into the mix at 113.
138 id throw Pumphrey into the mix.
170 Devaney wrestled a close match with moore at Reg IV finals, he and patterson will have a battle in the quarters.
195 Feel like you gotta throw Hale into the mix. lost a 2 pt match to Moomau earlier in the season.
220 could be wide open. shamblin, lively, summers, gunnoe, serevicz all could final.. just depends on who is on their game that weekend!
285 Could be a rematch from Region 1 finals.. some good heavyweights there!

Regardless of who we think will final or win, theres going to be alot of good wrasslin !!!

Underdog3382

Postby Underdog3382 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:30 pm

ZZChooseTop wrote:Don't take these too serious. Trying to wrap up what has been an interesting season.

Frazier by pin.

MOW: for the first time in the history of the award, a jv wrestler gets the coaches vote. After a discussion with the tournament director the coaches re-vote and the award goes to Hall. Internet, radio, and tv are threatened with lawsuits if the first vote is discussed.

Good list. Here are my predictions:

106 - Geno Casuccio over . . . oh . . . never mind. Blake Boyers over John Sanders
113 - Blake Whorton over Shawn Moore
120 - Cole Laya over Sean Dawson
132 - Caleb Rea over Peyton Hall (This one could go either way)
138 - Austin Pumphrey over Alec Cook (Same result as regionals where Pumphrey won 7-2)
145 - Jamie Ward over Alex Hart (You are right about the Winfield mom, lol)
152 - Haegan Harvey over Davy Mundy
160 - Connor Gibson over Trent Pullens (Same result as regionals where Gibson won 11-3)
170 - Vincent Devaney over Hunter Moore (This weight class is crazy. Devaney is my wild card pick. If Devaney does not get past Patterson, then I would pick Patterson over Moore)
182 - Paul Frampton over Alex Daniels (You are right, Frampton is a monster)
195 - Jackson Moomau over Alex Hale (A rematch of their close WSAZ tournament matchup (Moomau won 6-4). Hale is the rare wrestler that will not be outmatched by Moomau's strength. However, I pick Moomau in another close one)
220 - Gavin Shamblin over Kavaughn Summers (A rematch of their Winner's Choice matchup (Summers won 2-1 in OT). Shambin does enough this time to win a close one)
285 - Zach Frazier over Garrett Ware (The athletic big man makes it two in a row)

ringworm14

Postby ringworm14 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:33 pm

It amazes me that you have a 2 time state finalist ( 2016 champ AAA 106 , 2017 Runner up AA 113) in George Smith of PP and his name only gets mentioned once in the above threads. Not sure why, but he doesnt seem to get the respect he deserves in my opinion ! Seems like everyone around the state constantly counts him out!

"Watch out for the ringworm !!"
- Benjamin Franklin, 1776

Underdog3382

Postby Underdog3382 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:49 pm

Underdog3382 wrote:

Frazier by pin.

Good list. Here are my predictions:

106 - Geno Casuccio over . . . oh . . . never mind. Blake Boyers over John Sanders
113 - Blake Whorton over Shawn Moore
120 - Cole Laya over Sean Dawson
132 - Caleb Rea over Peyton Hall (This one could go either way)
138 - Austin Pumphrey over Alec Cook (Same result as regionals where Pumphrey won 7-2)
145 - Jamie Ward over Alex Hart (You are right about the Winfield mom, lol)
152 - Haegan Harvey over Davy Mundy
160 - Connor Gibson over Trent Pullens (Same result as regionals where Gibson won 11-3)
170 - Vincent Devaney over Hunter Moore (This weight class is crazy. Devaney is my wild card pick. If Devaney does not get past Patterson, then I would pick Patterson over Moore)
182 - Paul Frampton over Alex Daniels (You are right, Frampton is a monster)
195 - Jackson Moomau over Alex Hale (A rematch of their close WSAZ tournament matchup (Moomau won 6-4). Hale is the rare wrestler that will not be outmatched by Moomau's strength. However, I pick Moomau in another close one)
220 - Gavin Shamblin over Kavaughn Summers (A rematch of their Winner's Choice matchup (Summers won 2-1 in OT). Shambin does enough this time to win a close one)
285 - Zach Frazier over Garrett Ware (The athletic big man makes it two in a row)

Somehow forgot my 126 prediction:

126 - Brock Whorton over Liam Lusher (A rematch of their WSAZ tournament matchup (Whorton won 4-0)).

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:50 pm

BobbyBoatly37 wrote:Not going to choose winners quite yet but heres where i have a difference of opinion as far as finalists.
Both of the smith boys from point pleasant will have a great chance of finaling at 106 and 120.
Gotta throw whorton into the mix at 113.
138 id throw Pumphrey into the mix.
170 Devaney wrestled a close match with moore at Reg IV finals, he and patterson will have a battle in the quarters.
195 Feel like you gotta throw Hale into the mix. lost a 2 pt match to Moomau earlier in the season.
220 could be wide open. shamblin, lively, summers, gunnoe, serevicz all could final.. just depends on who is on their game that weekend!
285 Could be a rematch from Region 1 finals.. some good heavyweights there!

Regardless of who we think will final or win, theres going to be alot of good wrasslin !!!

We have more wide open weight classes than we are used to this year.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

ZZChooseTop

Postby ZZChooseTop » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:56 pm

ringworm14 wrote:It amazes me that you have a 2 time state finalist ( 2016 champ AAA 106 , 2017 Runner up AA 113) in George Smith of PP and his name only gets mentioned once in the above threads. Not sure why, but he doesnt seem to get the respect he deserves in my opinion ! Seems like everyone around the state constantly counts him out!

Smith and Dawson are both in bottom half of bracket. Dawson placed 2nd and Smith placed 4th. Dawson beat spring valley opponent. Smith lost to same kid from spring valley. No disrespect intended to Smith. No one will be surprised if he makes the finals and wins it all but I favor Indy when I make these picks.

ringworm14

Postby ringworm14 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:07 pm

ZZChooseTop wrote:
ringworm14 wrote:It amazes me that you have a 2 time state finalist ( 2016 champ AAA 106 , 2017 Runner up AA 113) in George Smith of PP and his name only gets mentioned once in the above threads. Not sure why, but he doesnt seem to get the respect he deserves in my opinion ! Seems like everyone around the state constantly counts him out!

Smith and Dawson are both in bottom half of bracket. Dawson placed 2nd and Smith placed 4th. Dawson beat spring valley opponent. Smith lost to same kid from spring valley. No disrespect intended to Smith. No one will be surprised if he makes the finals and wins it all but I favor Indy when I make these picks.

I see where you’re coming from. And i wasn’t necessarily just singling out this thread from my statement. From various different ones. But i agree , there’s always gonna be a certain team or region that the picker favors when doing so. Dawson smith should be one heck of a match ! Really looking forward to it.

“Watch out for the ringworm”
-Ghandi

hollywood

Postby hollywood » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:13 pm

Smith vs Dawson should be our semi finals match up but I have Dawson taking it. Dawson defeated Spring Valley by fall, and was way up on points before finally getting the fall. Smith lost to Spring Valley kid 8-2. But defiantly don’t count Smith out!!! That’s a very god potential matchup. ;)

Matman31

Postby Matman31 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:03 pm

106 houser over smith 12-9

Matman31

Postby Matman31 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:06 pm

132 rea over hall not sure the score but rea had an answer for anything hall threw at him at Regionals

aacoach124

Postby aacoach124 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:22 pm

106 Boyers over Smith
113 Whorton over Perdue
120 Laya over Smith
126 Whorton over Lusher
132 Rea over Hall in an instant classic!!
138 Pumphrey over Cook
145 Hart over Ward
152 Harvey over Munday
160 Gibson over McCune
170 Moore over Patterson
182 Daniels over Frampton
195 Moomau over Kump
220 Shamblin over Serevicz ( Sissonville has a new staff, no need to keep dredging up the past. That situation hurt a lot of people.)
285 Frazier over Ware

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:08 pm

aacoach124 wrote:106 Boyers over Smith
113 Whorton over Perdue
120 Laya over Smith
126 Whorton over Lusher
132 Rea over Hall in an instant classic!!
138 Pumphrey over Cook
145 Hart over Ward
152 Harvey over Munday
160 Gibson over McCune
170 Moore over Patterson
182 Daniels over Frampton
195 Moomau over Kump
220 Shamblin over Serevicz ( Sissonville has a new staff, no need to keep dredging up the past. That situation hurt a lot of people.)
285 Frazier over Ware

Your 106 and 113 matches will be possible semifinal matches. Cant be finals.

aacoach124

Postby aacoach124 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:16 pm

I stand corrected Hugger. I must’ve skimmed the matchups wrong. 106 Boyers over Houser
113 Whorton over Hodges

ringworm14

Postby ringworm14 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:10 am

Just for the record, at 106 Chris Smith had a 4-0 head to head victory over Boyers at WSAZ. Not sure if any of you all were aware of that or not.

"Watch out for the ringworm!"

magna145

Postby magna145 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:09 am

hollywood wrote:Smith vs Dawson should be our semi finals match up but I have Dawson taking it. Dawson defeated Spring Valley by fall, and was way up on points before finally getting the fall. Smith lost to Spring Valley kid 8-2. But defiantly don’t count Smith out!!! That’s a very god potential matchup. ;)

You may not want to use the Spring Valley match as a barometer of Smith’s ability. I begrudgingly sat beside Smith’s uncle and father during the Spring Valley/George Smith match. (Just kidding, they’re class acts). Lol. They advised me George had only been back, to practice, a week prior to that match. He’d been out several weeks. This was because of a significant injury. I think the match may have been closer if that injury hadn’t occurred. Did I enjoy the outcome. Heck yeah! BTW I’m “the Spring Valley Kid’s” father.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:48 am

ringworm14 wrote:Just for the record, at 106 Chris Smith had a 4-0 head to head victory over Boyers at WSAZ. Not sure if any of you all were aware of that or not.

Yes, I am aware of that head to head win and other head to head wins this season.

FBISURVALINCEVAN1

Postby FBISURVALINCEVAN1 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:22 pm

Bearhugger wrote:
ringworm14 wrote:Just for the record, at 106 Chris Smith had a 4-0 head to head victory over Boyers at WSAZ. Not sure if any of you all were aware of that or not.

Yes, I am aware of that head to head win and other head to head wins this season.

Cornell also beat Boyers in their first head to head. Then Boyer’s beat Cornell at week later at east. Anything is possible.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:25 pm

FBISURVALINCEVAN1 wrote:
Bearhugger wrote:

Cornell also beat Boyers in their first head to head. Then Boyer’s beat Cornell at week later at east. Anything is possible.

You got that right. After some of the stuff that has happened this season, ANYTHING is possible.

wrestling2926

Postby wrestling2926 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:41 pm

ZZChooseTop wrote:

I wouldn't count out Spaulding from Ritchie in the lower half of the bracket. He was a state finalist last year at 106.

hollywood

Postby hollywood » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:04 pm

wrestling2926 wrote:
ZZChooseTop wrote:

I wouldn't count out Spaulding from Ritchie in the lower half of the bracket. He was a state finalist last year at 106.
Not counting him out, but Spaulding getting through a meat grinder of Dawson and Smith both is very tough. But very possible!

Return to “High School Wrestling”