Undefeated Before States

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Bearhugger

Undefeated Before States

Postby Bearhugger » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:54 pm

The following wrestlers are undefeated:

Whorton, Brock/East Fairmont

Moomau/Petersburg

Pumphrey/Frankfort

Frazier/Fairmont Senior

Amos/Parkersburg South

Porter/Spring Valley

Who has the best chance to finish undefeated? Who has the toughest state tournament?

What is your ranking from best chance to least best chance?
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

ZZChooseTop

Re: Undefeated Before States

Postby ZZChooseTop » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:43 pm

Bearhugger wrote:The following wrestlers are undefeated:

Whorton, Brock/East Fairmont

Moomau/Petersburg

Pumphrey/Frankfort

Frazier/Fairmont Senior

Amos/Parkersburg South

Porter/Spring Valley

Who has the best chance to finish undefeated? Who has the toughest state tournament?

What is your ranking from best chance to least best chance?

1. Frazier no disrespect to Ware but I don't see anyone to challenge Frazier.
2. Amos I like him to finish undefeated but pill draw did not do him any favors. beating both Wood and Haynes will be a challenge.
3. Moomau. Moomau is impressive. Kirby is a very strong wrestler too and could catch him if he gets out of position but it ain't likely.
4. Porter. Amazing that the defending 220 champ has remained undefeated wrestling with a bad elbow and is taking on the extra challenge of wrestling up a weight to satisfy college football coach before a redshirt season.
5. Wharton. Great wrestler with good odds of finishing undefeated but can't ignore the Lusher factor which makes him second most likely to get upset.
6. Pumphrey. Great wrestler but I don't see him going undefeated.
Last edited by ZZChooseTop on Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WrestlingFan1

Postby WrestlingFan1 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:46 pm

I'll throw out Amos, because it's a no brainer, and he has the easiest route, but out of the remaining wrestlers listed I would go with Frazier. I think he's the best Heavyweight in the state. I feel like Wharton will have the toughest time winning it all.

matcoach90

Postby matcoach90 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:35 pm

Frazier hands down. Has a good shot at being a four time state champ... Which brings me to my next question. When are they gonna change the weight class around the 285 limit? These guys are getting huge and I don't mean fat. Frazier has a lot of muscle and being only a sophomore, he may have trouble staying at 285 for the next two years. And he's not the only one. Just hate to see kids built like that not be able to finish out their high school career just because they are big fellas.

maskedman

Postby maskedman » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:56 pm

Amos - Untouched this season
Whorton - Has increased size of win over all involved each time he has faced them
Moomau - Controlled every match so far
Frazier - All close matches, controlled, but if he makes one mistake when all matched or 1 or 2 points could change things
Porter - If Haga can stay off his back, has a chance
Pumphrey - Toughest road with 3 wrestlers all looking for first title.

ZZChooseTop

Postby ZZChooseTop » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:01 pm

WrestlingFan1 wrote:I'll throw out Amos, because it's a no brainer, and he has the easiest route, but out of the remaining wrestlers listed I would go with Frazier. I think he's the best Heavyweight in the state. I feel like Wharton will have the toughest time winning it all.

Off topic and my disclaimer that I lean toward A/AA when comparing with AAA in these imaginary matchups. Frazier is the best of the A/AA but would not place top 2 in AAA 285. I base my opinion on winners choice results last year. Taking it a step further, I don't think he makes the finals of aaa 220 either.

matcoach90

Postby matcoach90 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:59 pm

ZZChooseTop wrote:
WrestlingFan1 wrote:I'll throw out Amos, because it's a no brainer, and he has the easiest route, but out of the remaining wrestlers listed I would go with Frazier. I think he's the best Heavyweight in the state. I feel like Wharton will have the toughest time winning it all.

Off topic and my disclaimer that I lean toward A/AA when comparing with AAA in these imaginary matchups. Frazier is the best of the A/AA but would not place top 2 in AAA 285. I base my opinion on winners choice results last year. Taking it a step further, I don't think he makes the finals of aaa 220 either.

Good thing he wrestles A/AA and this year isn’t last year then huh?

ZZChooseTop

Postby ZZChooseTop » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:09 pm

matcoach90 wrote:
Good thing he wrestles A/AA and this year isn’t last year then huh?

Depends. You would have to ask him. Some would rather face the best and see where they stand while others are content to go undefeated. 99% of the time it is not the wrestler's choice as the coaches or school make the schedules.

My previous comment was not meant as a negative to Frazier. Read my picks and predictions. I think he is a darn good wrestler and I do not think he will be challenged in Huntington. When someone said he is the best hwt in wv I respectfully disagreed and gave examples. Wasn't meant to tear down a great wrestler.

Return to “High School Wrestling”