Canawha County Clarifications

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Bearhugger

Canawha County Clarifications

Postby Bearhugger » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:10 pm

Based on the scores of AAA Region 3, Capital's Perry qualified at 4th at 132lbs.

In addition, South Charleston's Malaki Green placed 5th at 145lbs.

I just read in a newspaper article that Capital only qualified two and Perry's name was not mentioned. What happened?

Also, SC's Green was listed as SC's lone qualifier. What happened?

There are no brackets posted for this said region, thus I couldn't see if any defaults occurred at 132 or 145.

Jenny? What happened???
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

TomBragg

Re: Canawha County Clarifications

Postby TomBragg » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:01 pm

Hi Bearhugger,

I wrote the article and flubbed on the Capital kid. After searching through and looking at line after line of wrestling stuff all day I missed him. It'll be corrected soon in the story on our website. I also missed Ben Kee at 145 from Herbert Hoover. Apologies to all for any confusion my mistakes caused.

ZZChooseTop

Postby ZZChooseTop » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:38 pm

Thank you for covering the sport. If you miss a name or mess up a score and come back and say "sorry I missed one" 99% of the people on here will quickly forgive and still be thankful for your attempt to give the sport attention.

Gator

Postby Gator » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:39 pm

I'm still trying to figure out where Canawha County is located.
Moderator WV Mat

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:44 pm

TomBragg wrote:Hi Bearhugger,

I wrote the article and flubbed on the Capital kid. After searching through and looking at line after line of wrestling stuff all day I missed him. It'll be corrected soon in the story on our website. I also missed Ben Kee at 145 from Herbert Hoover. Apologies to all for any confusion my mistakes caused.

No problem at all. We are glad and even shocked that wrestling was getting some news coverage. Many of us diehard fans catch such details. Matter of fact, this season all kinds of details have been caught.

Tom, add W.V. On Mat to your Facebook page if you wish to obtain other wrestling information. People share things from all over the state there.

The question still stands for somebody. How did the South Charleston wrestler move up from 5th place?

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:47 pm

Gator wrote:I'm still trying to figure out where Canawha County is located.

I started to go the route using all "Ks" but decided that would open a can of worms and/or brand me with more negatives. Already this season, I have been called:

1. Self Important.
2. An Idiot.
3. A partaker of "Devil's Lettuce".

TomBragg

Postby TomBragg » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:48 pm

Bearhugger wrote:
TomBragg wrote:Hi Bearhugger,

No problem at all. We are glad and even shocked that wrestling was getting some news coverage. Many of us diehard fans catch such details. Matter of fact, this season all kinds of details have been caught.

Tom, add W.V. On Mat to your Facebook page if you wish to obtain other wrestling information. People share things from all over the state there.

The question still stands for somebody. How did the South Charleston wrestler move up from 5th place?

The results I was sent from the Beckley paper had Green listed 4th in his weight class, but I see on the results submitted here he is fifth. I will have to investigate into that.

ZZChooseTop

Postby ZZChooseTop » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:58 pm

Bearhugger wrote:

I started to go the route using all "Ks" but decided that would open a can of worms and/or brand me with more negatives. Already this season, I have been called:

*1. Self Impotent
2. An Idiot.

* fixed your spelling

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:03 pm

ZZChooseTop wrote:
Bearhugger wrote:

*1. Self Impotent
2. An Idiot.

* fixed your spelling

Thanks. Devil's Lettuce will do that to a person.

Return to “High School Wrestling”