Weir's 285

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Bearhugger

Weir's 285

Postby Bearhugger » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:12 am

Weir's 285 got called up from 5th in the region. He won Thursday night 4 to 0. We need to rethink these regions.

AAA is bye city.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

Coachtt

Re: Weir's 285

Postby Coachtt » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:46 am

How about the bye in AA/A 113, out of a Region with only 4 kids in that weight class!!! But your only allowed to have 4 kids from 1 region wrestling states in 1 weight class! So 2 alternates that were in skin check and readyh to go from other regions, sit and watch a bye in state TOURNAMENT!
I am Done! Good Luck tok everyone today!!!!

Newcomer

Postby Newcomer » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:24 am

The worlds greatest wrestler could loose to the worlds worst wrestle on any given night.It has nothing to do with the regions. So,quit looking for things to complain about the sport,or simply move on. (Tired of listening to it)

Geoswaff

Postby Geoswaff » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:49 am

There was also several instances where 4th seed almost upset 1 seed from region 2 and 1 (126 won in OT, 182 down 5-4 with 1 minute remaining) but I would chalk that up to good parity not bad parity. Same here in this case as we all know that many heavy weight matches are usually close matches or pins. In this case, the r3 champion got turned in the last seconds of the match down 1-0. I wouldn’t read too much into it except congrats to the Weir wrestler for stepping in nicely.

pkbwrestling

Postby pkbwrestling » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:13 pm

I saw one school had lost 10/11 first round matches. All 4 heavyweights from Region 4 won last night also.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:37 pm

Newcomer wrote:The worlds greatest wrestler could loose to the worlds worst wrestle on any given night.It has nothing to do with the regions. So,quit looking for things to complain about the sport,or simply move on. (Tired of listening to it)

I suggest you cease reading the forum.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:10 pm

5th place in the region and now a guaranteed place winner. These regions are whacked out!!!!!!

On any given day, something could get fixed.

aacoach61

Postby aacoach61 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:31 pm

Jordan Brueck just won the 5th place medal at 285!

For him not to have been given this chance just because Weir is in Region 1 would have been a miscarriage of justice. Time for some changes.

ringworm14

Postby ringworm14 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:35 pm

aacoach61 wrote:Jordan Brueck just won the 5th place medal at 285!

For him not to have been given this chance just because Weir is in Region 1 would have been a miscarriage of justice. Time for some changes.

Awesome for that kid! Heavyweight is always the weight class where kids can make the biggest jumps and make the podium. What change do we need? Quit saying it’s a flawed system and recognize this achievement as very rare and this young man should be very proud for defying odds...not a system.

“Watch out for the ringworm!”
DB Cooper

Geoswaff

Postby Geoswaff » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:24 pm

Region 3 put 3 on the podium st 285.....

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:33 pm

ringworm14 wrote:

Awesome for that kid! Heavyweight is always the weight class where kids can make the biggest jumps and make the podium. What change do we need? Quit saying it’s a flawed system and recognize this achievement as very rare and this young man should be very proud for defying odds...not a system.

DB Cooper

This achievement can conveniently be viewed as "rare" because rarely do 5th place winners from the toughest region get called up to the state tournament. Evidently state tournament byes or forfeits have gone up this season. If this continues, then we might see more of these rare achievements.

"Watch out for the Bear"
Elvis Presley

ringworm14

Postby ringworm14 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:07 pm

Bearhugger wrote:
ringworm14 wrote:

DB Cooper

This achievement can conveniently be viewed as "rare" because rarely do 5th place winners from the toughest region get called up to the state tournament. Evidently state tournament byes or forfeits have gone up this season. If this continues, then we might see more of these rare achievements.

"Watch out for the Bear"
Elvis Presley

AA/A didn't have any byes, did they? Easy fix...one tournament! You never did meet me last night to talk! I was shown who ya are though. I'll find you next year!

"Watch out for the ringworm!"
Many, many imitators

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:15 pm

ringworm14 wrote:
Bearhugger wrote:
ringworm14 wrote:

DB Cooper

"Watch out for the Bear"
Elvis Presley

AA/A didn't have any byes, did they? Easy fix...one tournament! You never did meet me last night to talk! I was shown who ya are though. I'll find you next year!

"Watch out for the ringworm!"
Many, many imitators

I was afraid to ask around where ringworm was. I didn't want to cause a scare and provoke another split state tournament.

If you were shown who I was, then why didn't you come introduce yourself?????

People do it all the time.

wrestlingfan23202

Postby wrestlingfan23202 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:29 pm

Heavyweight is weak this year in AA/A minus ware and Frazier but ware was hurt still awesome for this kid to place tho

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:44 am

wrestlingfan23202 wrote:Heavyweight is weak this year in AA/A minus ware and Frazier but ware was hurt still awesome for this kid to place tho

The competition in any given weight class is what it is. The Weir 285 was left behind starting February 10th. 5th in the region to 5th in the state.

Return to “High School Wrestling”