AA/A rankings vs who made the finals

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
aacoach61

AA/A rankings vs who made the finals

Postby aacoach61 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:25 am

Comparing the last Feb 20 AA/A individual rankings vs who actually is in the finals, the coaches did an incredible job in ranking the top wrestlers. In 11 of the 14 weight classes, the finals will consist of the 1, 2 or 3 ranked wrestlers.

The only exceptions were at 145 where #4 Jamie Ward of Winfield made the finals; 195 where #5 Donovan Kirby of Madonna beat the #2 and #3 to make the finals; and the biggest upset of all at 220 where #9 Tanner Clark of Berkeley Springs will get a shot at a championship.

Good luck to all those who are still wrestling,

(If I missed any upset finalist trying to read the small type on my iPad, please feel free to add it below.)

ringworm14

Re: AA/A rankings vs who made the finals

Postby ringworm14 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:33 am

Have a lot complaint about regional strength and how we “fix” it. How many non-regional finalist made the finals? Meaning how many that were 3/4 in their region? I would guess below 3, meaning the pill and regions seem to work.

“Watch out for the ringworm!”
Obama

fireman

Postby fireman » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:10 pm

Been watching AA/A. 152. Reichard and Mitchell have won their way back through ! 3rd --4th. Heck of a job to both. No close ones either.
Mundy
Harvey
Mitchell
Reichard

Big fan

Postby Big fan » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:49 pm

I thought Cox from West wrestled well, he’s just a sophomore and beat Mitchell, and Kincell

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:43 pm

Big fan wrote:I thought Cox from West wrestled well, he’s just a sophomore and beat Mitchell, and Kincell

Here are two facts about Greenbrier West:
1. All of their wrestlers are in weight lifting class. They have no choice.
2. They have a coach that brings enthusiasm, energy and excitement to the corner of the mat.

If your wrestlers' bodies are right and their head is right (fired up), then they can overcome 47 versions of a half-nelson.

Cox obviously had the performance of his season in a very tough weight class. The rankings were accurate. Cox just brought it!
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

Return to “High School Wrestling”