Win with class lose with class

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
wrestlingfan23202

Win with class lose with class

Postby wrestlingfan23202 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:55 pm

A couple runner ups weren’t on the podium from a specific team I bet ya the champ will be on the podium. Throwing a headgear i can go on but it’s not good this wouldn’t have happened last year with them!

crochog93

Re: Win with class lose with class

Postby crochog93 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:10 pm

wrestlingfan23202 wrote:A couple runner ups weren’t on the podium from a specific team I bet ya the champ will be on the podium. Throwing a headgear i can go on but it’s not good this wouldn’t have happened last year with them!

Don’t forget former champs brawling with opponents fans.
The inmates are running the asylum down in the coalfield.
No control of that team.

Oldtimer

Postby Oldtimer » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:20 pm

Lack of class. Absence from the podium. Two runner up no shows AA.

wrestlingfan23202

Postby wrestlingfan23202 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:25 pm

Yep sad.... then they wonder why the state of wreslting here in WV is how it is. The fight in the crowd uncalled for. The official officiated that match pretty fair...

cspranger

Postby cspranger » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:41 pm

Disgrace

vortexfan

Postby vortexfan » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:45 pm

A lot to be desired thinking how you never seen this behavior years ago! Sad

wrestlingfan23202

Postby wrestlingfan23202 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:11 pm

Now we have park South fans acting up. Wow

mscoach20

Postby mscoach20 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:14 pm

That sucks to hear all this going on down there. People like Gator and Jenny carry the flag for South well. I could probably guess which South fans it is...but I KNOW the ones it isn’t!
Tench

crochog93

Postby crochog93 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:15 pm

And now a brawl up the south stands with (edit: maybe not “real legal” name dropping) a fan. Probably South fans crying over their heavyweight losing to spring valley. Talented and the top program in the state, but classless nonetheless. Indy and south in the same boat

Geoswaff

Postby Geoswaff » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:22 pm

In defense of the former champ involved, the guy was going after his dad. Gotta protect family.

wrestlingfan23202

Postby wrestlingfan23202 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:44 pm

Geoswaff wrote:In defense of the former champ involved, the guy was going after his dad. Gotta protect family.

Wah wah wah get over it

wrestlingfan23202

Postby wrestlingfan23202 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:44 pm

crochog93 wrote:And now a brawl up the south stands with tim amos. Probably South fans crying over their heavyweight losing to spring valley. Talented and the top program in the state, but classless nonetheless. Indy and south in the same boat

Amen

Jbee

Postby Jbee » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:58 pm

Seems to me there is a lot of jumping to conclusions on this site. Without facts or first hand knowledge....Interesting!......well, par for the course on this site. same old, same old.
Lifes tough....Wear a Helmet!

ringworm14

Postby ringworm14 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:00 pm

Jbee wrote:Seems to me there is a lot of jumping to conclusions on this site. Without facts or first hand knowledge....Interesting!......well, par for the course on this site. same old, same old.

What? Looks like they are all at the tournament with exception of a few.

“Watch out for the ringworm!”
Guy There Seeing Ringworm

Jbee

Postby Jbee » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:02 pm

ringworm14 wrote:
Jbee wrote:Seems to me there is a lot of jumping to conclusions on this site. Without facts or first hand knowledge....Interesting!......well, par for the course on this site. same old, same old.

And your point?

wvuvb

Postby wvuvb » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:03 pm

Tim Amos was not involved

ringworm14

Postby ringworm14 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:05 pm

Jbee wrote:
ringworm14 wrote:

And your point?

That’s obviously first hand knowledge! Aren’t you the softball guy?

Babe Ruth

Jchap8750

Postby Jchap8750 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:08 pm

I feel that making gestures or pointing at another teams section is showing poor sportsmanship. I saw several different teams do that tonight. Shake hands and celebrate with your coaches but all the added festivities is unnecessary.

Jbee

Postby Jbee » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:09 pm

ringworm14 wrote:
Jbee wrote:
ringworm14 wrote:

And your point?

That’s obviously first hand knowledge! Aren’t you the softball guy?

Babe Ruth

seems to me some of the first hand knowledge was wrong was my point as usaul....softball guy? what does that have to do with anything. if you know me you would know if i was "softball guy"

aacoach106

Postby aacoach106 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:20 pm

Not defending south because it does take two(or in this case more) to tango, fans from spring valley came over to souths area after the match had ended. I don’t know what actually caused it but the boys from sv that left all had smiles smeared on their faces.

AdolphHighCrotch

Postby AdolphHighCrotch » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:49 pm

When you sit in a teams section and root against that team what do you think will happen? Pretty sure i saw a lot of smiles from South fans afterwards as well.

magna145

Postby magna145 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:10 am

Shouldn’t matter where you sit. Cheer for your team, don’t insult those around you, and be civil to each other. Your not competing as a fan. Those who fight over sports have much deeper issues. If someone says something that offends laugh it off and go on. I promise when you wake up with a black eye or posting bond your going to look back and realize it wasn’t worth it.

DongerWrestle

Postby DongerWrestle » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:44 am

The coming out and acting like you’re in the WWE on the mat before you wrestle. A few guys get a victory and cowboy’d their coach on the mat TWICE, throw your headgear across to the other mat, point up in the stands after you win. Saw a haymaker thrown!

Seems like everybody is Showboat! Everybody look at me! Where did the humility and class go? If my son acted like that, it would be a bad night and next day! I guess other parents find it cute!

Indy, nice job! What kind of coaches or parents allow a teammate not to stand on the podium because their feelings were hurt and they did not get what they wanted. Snowflakes

wrestlingfan23202

Postby wrestlingfan23202 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:20 am

DongerWrestle wrote:The coming out and acting like you’re in the WWE on the mat before you wrestle. A few guys get a victory and cowboy’d their coach on the mat TWICE, throw your headgear across to the other mat, point up in the stands after you win. Saw a haymaker thrown!

Seems like everybody is Showboat! Everybody look at me! Where did the humility and class go? If my son acted like that, it would be a bad night and next day! I guess other parents find it cute!

Indy, nice job! What kind of coaches or parents allow a teammate not to stand on the podium because their feelings were hurt and they did not get what they wanted. Snowflakes

100 percent right

Gator

Postby Gator » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:31 am

My grandson is 9 years old and attending his first state tournament and he has to witness this kind of behavior from adults.

I’m deeply saddened.
Moderator WV Mat

RealGreco

Postby RealGreco » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:58 am

I guess the kids are still just that kids!
That watch other athletes on tv that act stupid when they win. These kids look up to these types of people that like to showboat. Cael..Dan Gable... and many other great wrestlers never did this type of clowning around.

Guess you can say that times are sadly changing.
Congratulations to South!

Rasslinmom

Postby Rasslinmom » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:31 am

Sadly I had posted earlier in the day yesterday how disappointed I was in the lack of sportsmanship noted throughout the states. However, my comment was quite lengthy and very informative as to just some examples that I provided. But since my comment has to be approved and 8 hrs later still isn’t approved I’m gonna guess and say that I plucked a nerve and that people will never see that comment. Truth is..... some of these boys showed so much lack of discipline this weekend that it is just plain sad. We seen a kid lunge at his opponent and and punch followed by throwing his headgear in the stands. Then EF kid didn’t feel the need to follow ref’s commands and return to center, followed by 2 stalling calls resulting in a point all while obviously enjoying it. Another EF kid laughing at an injured opponent. Then IND kids not taking the podium. Really? Is the coaches condoning this? From the outside looking in, I’d say yes. Is the parents? Well let’s just say if it was mine acting like that he wouldn’t be on the mat the next match! Some of these kids acted like they were auditioning for Drama class while others displayed a tremendous amount of sportsmanship. So to those boys who showed not only self respect but respect for their team, coaches and fans -way to go boys!

aacoach124

Postby aacoach124 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:44 am

No words can describe how bad it was last night. The kids wrestling after the incidents were the ones that suffered. I’ve followed the state tournament over 20 years and never dreamed I’d see anything like this. Needless to say this may be the last one I attend. I was very saddened by everything that took place last night.

Underdog3382

Postby Underdog3382 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:32 am

DongerWrestle wrote:The coming out and acting like you’re in the WWE on the mat before you wrestle. A few guys get a victory and cowboy’d their coach on the mat TWICE, throw your headgear across to the other mat, point up in the stands after you win. Saw a haymaker thrown!

I usually agree that flexing and acting out after winning is not great sportsmanship. My son has rarely done that type of thing. When he did, I would get onto him for it. But I believe the State Championship is different. It is what they dream about for years. They work hard year round, lift weights while others are playing, break up with girlfriends who try to take up too much of their time, cut weight and generally put more blood, sweat and tears into it than virtually any other athlete from any other sport. The idea of being a State Champion wrestler is the driving force behind it all.

So, when they finally reach that coveted goal, I think it is ok to celebrate a little bit. In fact, one of the reasons I like to come to the state tournament is the emotion of it. You can’t have an awesome event where so many participants and spectators are so emotionally invested with so much on the line and then have the participants act like robots. So, if they win, let them flex a little, dance a little or even toss a coach. :) It doesn’t hurt anyone and quite frankly it is part of what makes the state tournament great. I love to see these young men finally reach their goal.

maskedman

Postby maskedman » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:25 am

Underdog3382 wrote:

I usually agree that flexing and acting out after winning is not great sportsmanship. My son has rarely done that type of thing. When he did, I would get onto him for it. But I believe the State Championship is different. It is what they dream about for years. They work hard year round, lift weights while others are playing, break up with girlfriends who try to take up too much of their time, cut weight and generally put more blood, sweat and tears into it than virtually any other athlete from any other sport. The idea of being a State Champion wrestler is the driving force behind it all.

So, when they finally reach that coveted goal, I think it is ok to celebrate a little bit. In fact, one of the reasons I like to come to the state tournament is the emotion of it. You can’t have an awesome event where so many participants and spectators are so emotionally invested with so much on the line and then have the participants act like robots. So, if they win, let them flex a little, dance a little or even toss a coach. :) It doesn’t hurt anyone and quite frankly it is part of what makes the state tournament great. I love to see these young men finally reach their goal.

Damn right. People get mad like the celebrati g is against the kid that lost, it is not, it is about their moment of fun.

Return to “High School Wrestling”