Record Breaking South

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Bearhugger

Record Breaking South

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:22 pm

Congratulations to Parkersburg South in their record breaking year.

Although I have not witnessed all of South's teams, I went on records earlier in the season (with friends) that this was the best South team I have ever seen.

Once again, the numbers back up ole Bear's BS. :)
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

wrestlingfan23202

Re: Record Breaking South

Postby wrestlingfan23202 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:26 pm

Yeah yeah yeah we know one person transfers to many schools and wins a state title for them all. He is still a great wrestler tho we get it park South has talent I think everyone knows this it’s just getting old hearing about them.... talk about how Parkersburg had many in the finals. Talk about how AA/A was 100 times more interesting. Talk about how the South fans started trouble when they lost HWT. Talk about how Owen porter is fantastic and didn’t wrestle all year but then came in and dominated. Many other story lines...... I’m pretty sure everyone expected this to happen!

southside_tiger

Postby southside_tiger » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:09 pm

wrestlingfan23202 wrote:Yeah yeah yeah we know one person transfers to many schools and wins a state title for them all. He is still a great wrestler tho we get it park South has talent I think everyone knows this it’s just getting old hearing about them.... talk about how Parkersburg had many in the finals. Talk about how AA/A was 100 times more interesting. Talk about how the South fans started trouble when they lost HWT. Talk about how Owen porter is fantastic and didn’t wrestle all year but then came in and dominated. Many other story lines...... I’m pretty sure everyone expected this to happen!

If you want to talk about those things I suggest you start a new thread.

AdolphHighCrotch

Postby AdolphHighCrotch » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:28 pm

wrestlingfan23202 wrote:Yeah yeah yeah we know one person transfers to many schools and wins a state title for them all. He is still a great wrestler tho we get it park South has talent I think everyone knows this it’s just getting old hearing about them.... talk about how Parkersburg had many in the finals. Talk about how AA/A was 100 times more interesting. Talk about how the South fans started trouble when they lost HWT. Talk about how Owen porter is fantastic and didn’t wrestle all year but then came in and dominated. Many other story lines...... I’m pretty sure everyone expected this to happen!

Were you in the crowd that you are accusing of stirring up trouble? My guess is no. I was in that crowd and it was not started by a South fan, but it was started by an intoxicated individual that was purposely cheered against every South kid that stepped on the mat. Know your facts before you start blasting nonsense. I noticed you also eluded to Mr. Adams stirring up trouble which is also not true. And to clarify my earlier comment i have issues NO with sitting in an opposing teams section either but when you come over with the intent to stir trouble, that’s probably what you’re gonna get.
Last edited by AdolphHighCrotch on Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mscoach4

Postby mscoach4 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:48 pm

The South talent pool will not be drying up any time soon either. Edison & Blennerhassett finished 1 & 2 at the Wood County League championships scoring a combined 363 points and crowning 8 champions.

MaleMatMaid

Postby MaleMatMaid » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:21 pm

Yeah you also negate the fact that the so called stud flipped off the South crowd twice. Super fantastic right “wrestlingfan”

wrestlingfan23202

Postby wrestlingfan23202 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:31 pm

Actually I have video proof of Adams being carried by whoever because he was starting stuff so maybe get your facts straight. I didn’t see him flipping anyone off he must’ve done that off the mat i did see like “finger gun pointing” like I said no disrespect to you true fans like myself or to Park South I mean they’re great and deserve everything they’ve earned.

MaleMatMaid

Postby MaleMatMaid » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:46 pm

wrestlingfan23202 wrote:Actually I have video proof of Adams being carried by whoever because he was starting stuff so maybe get your facts straight. I didn’t see him flipping anyone off he must’ve done that off the mat i did see like “finger gun pointing” like I said no disrespect to you true fans like myself or to Park South I mean they’re great and deserve everything they’ve earned.

Wrong again. Did it on the mat. Twice.

fakebrentsams

Postby fakebrentsams » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:20 am

Porter showed himself at the regions too. He flexed his muscles, beat his chest, and pointed at Braxton Amos calling him out. Wish he didn’t run from him this year, would have liked to see if Porter could’ve made it to the 3rd period.

MaleMatMaid

Postby MaleMatMaid » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:23 am

fakebrentsams wrote:Porter showed himself at the regions too. He flexed his muscles, beat his chest, and pointed at Braxton Amos calling him out. Wish he didn’t run from him this year, would have liked to see if Porter could’ve made it to the 3rd period.

The only way he would have made it to the 3rd is if Braxton wanted to prolong the a** beating :mrgreen:

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:06 am

I started this topic. I am NOT a resident nor an alumni of any Parkersburg school. I said what I said because the team deserves the recognition. The one wrestler you speak of didn't even get the chance to max out his team points because of a first round bye.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:14 am

wrestlingfan23202 wrote:Actually I have video proof of Adams being carried by whoever because he was starting stuff so maybe get your facts straight. I didn’t see him flipping anyone off he must’ve done that off the mat i did see like “finger gun pointing” like I said no disrespect to you true fans like myself or to Park South I mean they’re great and deserve everything they’ve earned.

A person came out of the stands and approached Noah's father and another wrestling coach. Security arrived. Noah was in the vicinity because he saw his father in the crowd of security and non-security. Noah approached the crowd and a former teammate grabbed him and carried him away.

If you want to detailed version, PM me your cell number.

Gutorone

Postby Gutorone » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:33 am

Ran from Amos ? Wouldnt it of been easier for Amos to MOVE UP than for a heavyweight to MOVE DOWN ? And he appeared to have no problems winning a state title at heavyweight . Two dominant matches , win by pin . And his south coach looked good wearing Spring Valley colors .

wrestlingfan23202

Postby wrestlingfan23202 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:06 am

MaleMatMaid wrote:

Wrong again. Did it on the mat. Twice.

Just saw the video. Looks like you’re wrong (must be a South thing) he did a finger gun and walked out with a cowboy hat. I also heard from many people he was a tank in football and destroyed Park South single handily and the fans hated it and were doing pretty nasty things to him.

Wrestling55

Postby Wrestling55 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:23 pm

Why would Braxton move up to heavyweight and chase him? Porter clearly ran from amos it's makes sense tho that's what most people do when they are sacred. All I'm saying when u run from someone cuz your scared don't call them out and beat your chest.

Bucktail

Postby Bucktail » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:33 pm

Bearhugger wrote:Congratulations to Parkersburg South in their record breaking year.

Although I have not witnessed all of South's teams, I went on records earlier in the season (with friends) that this was the best South team I have ever seen.

Interestingly, I mentioned this South team being the best to one of older gentlemen, who was a South fan, at the Pullman on Friday morning and he said he thought the South team in 95 that had eleven finalist was just as good, if not better. I was not around WV in 95, but is there anyone who can offer a candid opinion on those two teams?

Gutorone

Postby Gutorone » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:12 pm

Right now Porter is the best AAA heavyweight wrestler in the state, only an idiot would argue otherwise. The kid has to get bigger for D1 college football in a few months. Wrestling appears to be his hobby in the football off season. No need to cut a single pound. Not sure if he is "sacred" as i am not a religious leader ! :lol:

Jchap8750

Postby Jchap8750 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:30 pm

MaleMatMaid wrote:
fakebrentsams wrote:Porter showed himself at the regions too. He flexed his muscles, beat his chest, and pointed at Braxton Amos calling him out. Wish he didn’t run from him this year, would have liked to see if Porter could’ve made it to the 3rd period.

The only way he would have made it to the 3rd is if Braxton wanted to prolong the a** beating :mrgreen:

No doubt Amos is the real!

Jchap8750

Postby Jchap8750 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:31 pm

MaleMatMaid wrote:

No doubt Amos is the real deal!

magna145

Postby magna145 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:41 pm

Gutorone wrote:Right now Porter is the best AAA heavyweight wrestler in the state, only an idiot would argue otherwise. The kid has to get bigger for D1 college football in a few months. Wrestling appears to be his hobby in the football off season. No need to cut a single pound. Not sure if he is "sacred" as i am not a religious leader ! :lol:

Your right on the money Guterone. I’ve known Porter his entire life and I assure you he won’t run from anyone, period. Kid is and always has been a beast. Even in youth football. Is Amos a better wrestler? Yes. As you said though wrestling is just a hobby to Owen. It’s something he does to stay in shape for football. Nothing more, nothing less. In the off season he’s preparing for football not wrestling. Speculating about who would win in a wrestling match is a waste of time and energy. Owen has bigger things to worry about now and will never step on a mat again. Although he was fun to watch in any sport he’s ever decided to participate in his life. I wish him well.

MaleMatMaid

Postby MaleMatMaid » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:18 pm

Gutorone wrote:Right now Porter is the best AAA heavyweight wrestler in the state, only an idiot would argue otherwise. The kid has to get bigger for D1 college football in a few months. Wrestling appears to be his hobby in the football off season. No need to cut a single pound. Not sure if he is "sacred" as i am not a religious leader ! :lol:

Weighing in at 225-227 wouldn’t be called a cut to 220. It’d be called getting an extra work out in. Freestyle season is upon us. Amos would suplex 5 him twice right on his head for a 20 second tech fall.

MaleMatMaid

Postby MaleMatMaid » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:21 pm

magna145 wrote:

Your right on the money Guterone. I’ve known Porter his entire life and I assure you he won’t run from anyone, period. Kid is and always has been a beast. Even in youth football. Is Amos a better wrestler? Yes. As you said though wrestling is just a hobby to Owen. It’s something he does to stay in shape for football. Nothing more, nothing less. In the off season he’s preparing for football not wrestling. Speculating about who would win in a wrestling match is a waste of time and energy. Owen has bigger things to worry about now and will never step on a mat again. Although he was fun to watch in any sport he’s ever decided to participate in his life. I wish him well.

It wouldn’t have been a speculation if spring valley and porter weren’t afraid of their “star” catching that a** beating. It’s obvious that they don’t win much in anything bc their coaches and kids act like ass hats whenever they find any success whatsoever

Gator

Postby Gator » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:29 pm

Bucktail wrote:
Bearhugger wrote:Congratulations to Parkersburg South in their record breaking year.

Interestingly, I mentioned this South team being the best to one of older gentlemen, who was a South fan, at the Pullman on Friday morning and he said he thought the South team in 95 that had eleven finalist was just as good, if not better. I was not around WV in 95, but is there anyone who can offer a candid opinion on those two teams?

It is difficult to compare two different eras of wrestling, especially when the weight classes don’t match up. There were only 13 weight classes in 95 and now 14. ( big gap from 189 to 285). I’ve witnessed every South team wrestle in the 51 years of existence, but comparing teams just is difficult to do. Braxton Amos had a quote in the Parkersburg News when asked if this was the best team ever and his reply was this, “The scoreboard indicates that it may be.”

I would put this year’s team up against any I’ve ever seen. They were exciting to watch all year long.
Moderator WV Mat

Bucktail

Postby Bucktail » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:12 pm

Gator wrote:
Bucktail wrote:

It is difficult to compare two different eras of wrestling, especially when the weight classes don’t match up. There were only 13 weight classes in 95 and now 14. ( big gap from 189 to 285). I’ve witnessed every South team wrestle in the 51 years of existence, but comparing teams just is difficult to do. Braxton Amos had a quote in the Parkersburg News when asked if this was the best team ever and his reply was this, “The scoreboard indicates that it may be.”

I would put this year’s team up against any I’ve ever seen. They were exciting to watch all year long.

You raise a good point Gator. How much does the 14th weight class add to scoring more points? I suppose teams in the 14-weight class era should potentially score more points.

mscoach20

Postby mscoach20 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:17 pm

Find it odd that 2005 South isn’t listed. Placed 13. This year placed 12, correct?
Tench

Gator

Postby Gator » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:20 pm

Bucktail wrote:
Gator wrote:
Bucktail wrote:

You raise a good point Gator. How much does the 14th weight class add to scoring more points? I suppose teams in the 14-weight class era should potentially score more points.

The 95 team actually did not hold the scoring record. The 2005 South team owned that mark
(277) and they actually had 14 weight classes.

I do believe the 95 team holds the record for the most in finals with 11.
Moderator WV Mat

cp813

Postby cp813 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:53 pm

Anyone old enough would have to throw in the 88 PHS team...Only 13 weight classes then, 8 in finals with 6 champs and 12 out of 13 weights placed in top 5 - All 3 teams you could argue from different angles which one was the best

RealGreco

Postby RealGreco » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:54 pm

I think South needs to get rid of someone name “Gator”
The team would have scored a possible 300 points!!

State is over ... get ready for Greco!!!!!
My States is this week... cannot wait to be over

Hate folkstyle.....

Amos is a great wrestler... hope is sets his goals on the Olympics someday.

The kid that beat his chest...lol. Let the kid have fun, his time will come when he realizes that he is a small fish in a bigger pond soon enough.

By the way ... where is Spring Valley?

Gator

Postby Gator » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:57 pm

RealGreco wrote:I think South needs to get rid of someone name “Gator”
The team would have scored a possible 300 points!!

I agree...maybe 350! ;)
Moderator WV Mat

Gator

Postby Gator » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:00 pm

cp813 wrote:Anyone old enough would have to throw in the 88 PHS team...Only 13 weight classes then, 8 in finals with 6 champs and 12 out of 13 weights placed in top 5 - All 3 teams you could argue from different angles which one was the best

They were good but I thought we were talking about point record teams?
Moderator WV Mat

Return to “High School Wrestling”