Thank You from Afghanistan

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
ishootdoubles

Thank You from Afghanistan

Postby ishootdoubles » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:14 pm

I would like to thank all the wrestling’s teams who donated snacks and supplies for me and my unit who is currently serving in the Middle-East. (4-25 Airborne Infantry)

Growing up in a town where wrestling has never been around since the 60’s, my old man got the Moorefield youth wrestling team and the high school team a float. With the help of a small circle of parents and wrestlers it grew and grew. Along the way with this my father and I made some great friends and honestly I would call most of them family. A wrestling family is one of the strongest bonds you can get, car pulling multiply hours to go wrestle, meeting up with friends at tournaments, EATING after weigh-ins, and watching teammates succeed on the mat. Being a three sport athlete I can promise you that the mat will teach more about yourself than anything. Most importantly it will teach you how to lose, how to keep your composure, and how to learn from your mistakes. The circle betters me in everyday life and the memories on it I’ll always cherish.

Sincerely,
Wil Schoonover & 4-25 Airborne Infantry Brigade

JennyHannan

Re: Thank You from Afghanistan

Postby JennyHannan » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:33 pm

What a great post, Wil! I’m the aunt of a currently deployed Marine and the former stepmom of an Iraq war vet. Those who serve or have served in the military have my utmost respect and gratitude. Thank you so much for your service, and please stay safe! You can believe me when I say i’ll pray for God’s hedge of protection around you.

With your wrestling and military background, you’re well prepared for an amazing future! God bless!

aacoach61

Postby aacoach61 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:46 pm

Wil- thank you for your service to our country. We are all with you 100%. Godspeed.

aacoach109

Postby aacoach109 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:25 pm

Great Post. Good Luck on your deployment. I enjoyed watching you wrestle over the years. I feel you and your father started something special that will only grow in the future. 25 Years Air Force for me and I enjoyed every minute of it.

Les Morris
Berkeley Springs
CMSGT USAF Ret
Last edited by aacoach109 on Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AdolphHighCrotch

Postby AdolphHighCrotch » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:31 pm

Thank you for your service sir! We continue to pray for all of our soldiers overseas and for your safe return in our household. God bless!

Coachcookie

Postby Coachcookie » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:14 pm

Wil,

It was an honor knowing during our time in WV. We are all very proud of you, your a class act son!
We enjoyed having you on our “misfits team”
Keep up the good work as you serve our country!

Rick Ohl

aacoach75

Postby aacoach75 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:08 pm

Never stop challenging yourself and never settle for being average. You are a remarkable role model for so many. You have achieved many things but your greatest gift is the kind heart that God blessed you with. Stay true to yourself and reach high and work hard to accomplish your dreams.

So proud of my young man!!!

dunbar76

Postby dunbar76 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:12 pm

Thank you sir for your post. Praying for you and your team over there. Your sacrifice is greatly appreciated by me and hopefully others. I work at a VA hospital, my dad WWII navy vet and my son an Afghanistan decorated Marine have served also.

Return to “High School Wrestling”