Thanks Keith

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Graftondad

Thanks Keith

Postby Graftondad » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:15 am

I'm Keith Skaggs's dad. I would like to thank my son for a great 4 year career ( If Cole Laya would have moved to Maryland it would have been a little better. Cole is a mechine and deserves a lot more credit than he gets). Keith always displayed class in winning and losing. In wrestling that's not always easy.

Also I'd like to thank Coach Zebley. He has been a good teacher for Keith and has been able to tolerate his sense of humor and hard headedness. Coach is a good man.

I believe that the best thing to happen in Keith's wrestling career is having Noah Hodges to practice with. When you can work hard in practice with one of the best in the state then the matches become easier. If any team has a State Place wrestler I believe that the others on that team should be fighting over who gets to wrestle him not running away from him. Thanks Noah you should get credit for half of Keith's wins.

My wife and I have enjoyed the long 4 year ride. And as she would say "Adios Amigos ". Thank WV wrestling community.
Last edited by Graftondad on Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

magna145

Re: Thanks

Postby magna145 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:05 am

First class post!

forthekids

Postby forthekids » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:24 am

EXCELLENT post, this is what this sport is suppose to be about. You raised a fine young man and it shows. Best of luck as his goes on to be a neo-surgeon and enjoy the IVY league experience.

firedawg64

Postby firedawg64 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:58 pm

Awesome Post this is what wrestling should be about. Congrats to your son.

mc126

Postby mc126 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:27 pm

Congratulations! I no longer live in the state, but as a former Bearcat wrestler I have watched his career from afar. In addition to his athletic accomplishments, his academic accomplishments are also amazing. AND I've heard that he is a great kid! Congratulations on raising a fine young man.

Good luck to him in his future endeavors!

bearcat1

Re: Thanks Keith

Postby bearcat1 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:54 pm

Mike, thank you for the kind words regarding Noah - it was not the finish that we both hoped for this year for Keith, Noah and GHS but Noah would not sacrifice anything for having the chance to spend time with Keith. They truly brought out the best in one another.

I have coached sports for 21 years and I can honestly say Keith is at the top of my list - You know how I feel about him - can’t wait to see what’s next for him!!

QUI8HOQ

Re: Thanks Keith

Postby QUI8HOQ » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:46 pm

Known this young man since youth wrestling days and, have to say, yet to see a chink in his armor. He’s obviously being raised right (parents are wonderful) and has the wisdom to listen more than he speaks, a quality that we need to see more of in today’s youth. Can’t believe he’s already a senior, but know he’s destined to achieve at whatever he sets his sights towards. Embodies what I believe is “total athlete”...academics, work ethic, mental/physical tough, discipline, I could go on. Anyway, the institution of higher learning he chooses will be fortunate to have him. Good luck Keith!

Return to “High School Wrestling”