Is this for real???

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
DongerWrestle

Re: Is this for real???

Postby DongerWrestle » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:09 am

Can’t believe no one has any answers.

abettnman

Postby abettnman » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:22 pm

mattman wrote:
Matmanwv wrote:So here’s the thing if wvssac awards him the championship they just opened the door for instant replay even though rules state the officials can’t look at video. Right or wrong when the match was over he did not win. Now anytime a wrestler can show video of a missed or bad call and can dispute the decision that cost them the match. People will wrestle differently based on the score so if the other kid was ahead he would wrestle more defensive as if he was behind he would probably be more aggressive so many ways the outcome could have changed.
Why would you argue a point when everyone in the arena knows the score was 6-5 Hart? Shouldnt have been an overtime to begin with. Alex earned the win and wvssac gave him what was his. As far as the instant replay goes, im all for it. Congratulations to Alex and wvssac on fixing their mistake!

I am a little confused, maybe or maybe not the score was wrong. In overtime, didn’t both wrestlers have the same platform to win the match, or did something happen in overtime also ? Pretty much wasn’t the score zero to zero ? I am just asking...

WrestlingFan1

Postby WrestlingFan1 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:55 am

abettnman wrote:
mattman wrote:
Matmanwv wrote:So here’s the thing if wvssac awards him the championship they just opened the door for instant replay even though rules state the officials can’t look at video. Right or wrong when the match was over he did not win. Now anytime a wrestler can show video of a missed or bad call and can dispute the decision that cost them the match. People will wrestle differently based on the score so if the other kid was ahead he would wrestle more defensive as if he was behind he would probably be more aggressive so many ways the outcome could have changed.
Why would you argue a point when everyone in the arena knows the score was 6-5 Hart? Shouldnt have been an overtime to begin with. Alex earned the win and wvssac gave him what was his. As far as the instant replay goes, im all for it. Congratulations to Alex and wvssac on fixing their mistake!

I am a little confused, maybe or maybe not the score was wrong. In overtime, didn’t both wrestlers have the same platform to win the match, or did something happen in overtime also ? Pretty much wasn’t the score zero to zero ? I am just asking...

Of course the score was 0-0 at the beginning of overtime. However, there is NO DOUBT that the score was wrong before overtime and the match should have never went to overtime.

potomac highlander

Postby potomac highlander » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:39 pm

The fact is that over recent years there are WV state champions in the record book that are there by mistake. The same can be said for various sports. even professional and college level. It is much easier for those in charge to let it happen than to loose credibility and an official making the calls is under pressure to stand by his original call. The original question on this thread simply ask who the AA 145# champion is. over 5000 looks on this thread. would someone who knows like to make a statement? A correct answer would be welcomed by many.

guard0544

Postby guard0544 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:01 pm

potomac highlander wrote:The fact is that over recent years there are WV state champions in the record book that are there by mistake. The same can be said for various sports. even professional and college level. It is much easier for those in charge to let it happen than to loose credibility and an official making the calls is under pressure to stand by his original call. The original question on this thread simply ask who the AA 145# champion is. over 5000 looks on this thread. would someone who knows like to make a statement? A correct answer would be welcomed by many.

I imagine WVSSAC would make an announcement and it would be in the newspapers if they changed the results of a state championship match weeks after it occurred. Since we have not seen that, I’d assume nothing has changed.

Whizzer

Postby Whizzer » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:42 pm

guard0544 wrote:
potomac highlander wrote:The fact is that over recent years there are WV state champions in the record book that are there by mistake. The same can be said for various sports. even professional and college level. It is much easier for those in charge to let it happen than to loose credibility and an official making the calls is under pressure to stand by his original call. The original question on this thread simply ask who the AA 145# champion is. over 5000 looks on this thread. would someone who knows like to make a statement? A correct answer would be welcomed by many.

I imagine WVSSAC would make an announcement and it would be in the newspapers if they changed the results of a state championship match weeks after it occurred. Since we have not seen that, I’d assume nothing has changed.

The first post shows a picture of a WVSSAC plaque on the high school web page saying he was a state champion. Wouldn’t a coach get in big trouble if they made a fake plaque? Very confusing! Anyone from Indy know anything?

Return to “High School Wrestling”