Underground Strength Gym

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Bearhugger

Underground Strength Gym

Postby Bearhugger » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:12 pm

Have they lost their minds????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23-jnLDAwDw
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

DongerWrestle

Re: Underground Strength Gym

Postby DongerWrestle » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:45 am

I’m lost here... young boys and girls doing CrossFit?

GRECO

Postby GRECO » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:37 pm

CrossFit is the best exercise available today for everyone regardless of what shape your in.
All of my wrestlers are doing CrossFit competitions and wrestling 4 times a week that they are also required to wrestle in 3 tournaments a month!!

We don’t sit around and wait til the first day of wrestling season!!

MaleMatMaid

Postby MaleMatMaid » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:30 am

GRECO wrote:CrossFit is the best exercise available today for everyone regardless of what shape your in.
All of my wrestlers are doing CrossFit competitions and wrestling 4 times a week that they are also required to wrestle in 3 tournaments a month!!

This is also probably the reason why you’re team isn’t any good

GRECO

Postby GRECO » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:59 am

Lol
Out of 67 All Americans in both Cadet and Junior divisions for 2017. 17 were from my club with having a former team members that were the NCAA runner up from Penn State and just getting our first club NCAA champion this year from Arizona.

Your not going to get a rise out of me doughboy.
Keep wrestling, support all wrestlers and coaches,
Don’t be a douchebag to everyone because it is the best sport to have that bond.

Truesouthfaninhunt

Postby Truesouthfaninhunt » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:46 pm

GRECO wrote:CrossFit is the best exercise available today for everyone regardless of what shape your in.

“ crossfit is the best exercise available today for everyone regardless of what shape you are in”????
Ok... hmmmm. Do you have any clinical evidence to support that statement? “ the best”... “ for everyone” ... “ regardless of what shape you are in”... :lol:
Are you vested in a “ Crossfit” gym?

GRECO

Postby GRECO » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:08 pm

It is helping my team become successful and I stand by it.
I am in no way connected with CrossFit but if you look at the exercises that is being done.
It is like your actually wrestling with no breaks in between sets.
If you want to become a body builder than ok. But lots of reps without stopping is what helps MY wrestlers.

Everyone can do what they feel is right with their teams, I really don’t care! I want my wrestlers to spend about 80% on the mat and the other 20 lifting!

I want my wrestlers the be successful year round and in hopes of making the Olympic team.That is the ultimate top of the food chain in Wrestling!

Good luck with your team and hope you have champions!

Truesouthfaninhunt

Postby Truesouthfaninhunt » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:59 pm

Ok.. thanks for explaining. Soooo you have zero basis for making the statement that its “ the best exercise for everyone regardless... “
How do you know it is “ helping” your wrestlers become sucessful as opposed to another method of training?
“ Its like actually wrestling with no breaks in between”???
Huh???

GRECO

Postby GRECO » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:34 pm

Listen

Everyone has their own opinion on what they think works
I am telling you the end results. My club prepares kids for the Olympics and since including the CrossFit into our schedule has helped us tremendously!

Let me explain in more detailed.. a match is 5 minutes.
We train to go double that for 10 in our practice, whether it is to lift or takedown our opponents on the mat.

CrossFit is doing one set to another without resting, then going to another station.
We have 3 levels ( to get the wrestler to build up)
1. The out of shape ( easy)
2. Moderate
3. The extreme

Lifting weights is outdated but if you want to look big and buff for the dumb girls than great! But our end results are positive!

Hope this explains

Matofficial

Postby Matofficial » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:45 am

Explained like a politician that says nothing! Absolutely no science in anything you said. Believe it or not if you just went in a gym a picked up all the plates left on the floor at some point your going to notice that you improved. Weight lifting is outdated ? CrossFit doesn’t lift any weight? A California orthopedic surgeon told me on a plane ride once that CrossFit was the best thing that every happened in exercise. I thought this is going to be good when I asked how so. His reply was “ it has increased my business ten fold from all the need less injuries “ lol

GRECO

Postby GRECO » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:08 pm

Matt official

Great! Then do it your way! What point are you trying to make?
We are trying to create future World Champions and Olympians. So far we have an NCAA champion this year!!
This is OUR training regiment, don’t be so negative and just do it your way. Why should you care how and what we do?
I guess all those CrossFit competitions you see on TV are a joke too?
No problem, enjoy your summer and don’t be so judgmental in other people’s method.

We produced many many All Americans and will continue to do so. That is our end result!

Truesouthfaninhunt

Postby Truesouthfaninhunt » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:15 pm

GRECO wrote:Listen

Everyone has their own opinion on what they think works
I am telling you the end results. My club prepares kids for the Olympics and since including the CrossFit into our schedule has helped us tremendously!

Let me explain in more detailed.. a match is 5 minutes.
We train to go double that for 10 in our practice, whether it is to lift or takedown our opponents on the mat.

CrossFit is doing one set to another without resting, then going to another station.
We have 3 levels ( to get the wrestler to build up)
1. The out of shape ( easy)
2. Moderate
3. The extreme

Lifting weights is outdated but if you want to look big and buff for the dumb girls than great! But our end results are positive!

Hope this explains

It sounds like what you are calling “ cross fit”
Is actually Circuit Training... google that.

Lifting weights is a form of resistance training and so is cross fit.. so your outdated comment makes no sense.
What do you prescribe for an individual wanting to lose weight/ burn fat?
And .. do you have ANY Exercise training credentials??
Just curious.

chinwhip

Postby chinwhip » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:48 pm

CrossFit is fantastic for cheerleading and gymnastics. Horrible for Wrestling

Goldenponyboy

Postby Goldenponyboy » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:06 pm

So what makes CrossFit not a good thing for wrestling? Or cross training? No evidence has been shown that helps is their any evidence that shows it doesn’t?

Truesouthfaninhunt

Postby Truesouthfaninhunt » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:52 pm

Goldenponyboy wrote:So what makes CrossFit not a good thing for wrestling? Or cross training? No evidence has been shown that helps is their any evidence that shows it doesn’t?

My arguement with ol Greco proclaiming that Cross Fit was “ the best exercise ... for everyone “ Thats a pretty broad statement. Also, he seemed convinced that CF was contributing to the making of Olympians and I was curious how he knew that.

I hate to rain on Greco’s training regimen parade but I heard that those Wood County boys were not just wrestling 10 minute matches ( as Greco’s rasslers are), but are wrestling for a straight 15 minutes!!!
After they practice for 3 hours they then do some heavy lifting with plenty of forced reps and negatives!!
After that they hit the hay fields for 5-6 hours and throw heavy bales around in the heat! They then go home for a spartan- like meal and watch wrestling film for about 3 hours. Olympians in the making!

GRECO

Postby GRECO » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:30 pm

Great!!
Good for the Wood County kids.. if that is your training regiment. Good for you! Hope to see many future Olympians come from WV as a whole!

Our regiment is working for US! We will have Olympians coming out of California! Bet on it!

Good luck on your methods!

Truesouthfaninhunt

Postby Truesouthfaninhunt » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:48 pm

GRECO wrote:Great!!
Good for the Wood County kids.. if that is your training regiment. Good for you! Hope to see many future Olympians come from WV as a whole!

Our regiment is working for US! We will have Olympians coming out of California! Bet on it!

Good luck on your methods!

“ regiment” ?

Oh and those were the big circular bales them Wood County kids throw around! Them big ones.

TrueSouthFanInPburg

Postby TrueSouthFanInPburg » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:50 am

I've not been on here much in the past few months because I heard about the underground gym guys doing cross fit about five months ago. It sounded like a great idea so I started doing the cross fit with a few other guys from my old gym. Well after five months we all lost a good bit of muscle and lost strength on every body part. Well, I happy to say for the last month I took the advise of my cousin "truesouthfaninhunt and we've been throwing hay bails around for three hours a day (five days a week). Those big circular ones and like magic all are lost muscle is back and then some. We've also put 2 to 4 inches on ALL our body parts. My cousin is an absolute master mind. Olympics here we come !

Truesouthfaninhunt

Postby Truesouthfaninhunt » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:24 pm

Big ol heavy rain soaked bales.... with NO modern machinery. All Bull work.

Return to “High School Wrestling”