South 2018-19

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Truesouthfaninhunt

South 2018-19

Postby Truesouthfaninhunt » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:33 pm

Is it too early to discuss how loaded South will be again this year?

oroyos

Re: South 2018-19

Postby oroyos » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:23 pm

Why? What studs are they taking from other teams this season?

TrueSouthFanInPburg

Postby TrueSouthFanInPburg » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:11 am

After missing last year because of injury 2017 champion Mike Shamblin will back in the line up. I heard he was going to wrestle 145. Back are 2018 champions Roberts. Quiocho, Hinzman and Amos.Also back are 2nd placers Windland and Haga. Johnson 3rd and Easton 5th also return. Starters Linder and Fullerton are back along with 2017 fourth place Ian Irizarry.Two county and Jr State champs that have a good chance to start are freshmen Cam Irizarry and Oscar Lemus. Samantha Miller, Julio Lemus, Cade Murry, Jake Martin and Noah Buckalew could also be in the running for a starting position. It should be five state championships in a row. :D

WrestlingFan1

Postby WrestlingFan1 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:51 am

oroyos wrote:Why? What studs are they taking from other teams this season?

I doubt there are any weak spots in their lineup this year. However, if there is, I'm sure some multi-time state champ's parent will open a business there or just mysteriously move there for some other off the wall reason.

Matofficial

Postby Matofficial » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:30 pm

Yes, they probably would never win if someone doesn’t move there! Lol

Gator

Postby Gator » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:25 pm

WrestlingFan1 wrote:

I doubt there are any weak spots in their lineup this year. However, if there is, I'm sure some multi-time state champ's parent will open a business there or just mysteriously move there for some other off the wall reason.

Why wouldn’t they want to wrestle one of the toughest schedules in the country? Jealous much guys?
Moderator WV Mat

JR080502

Postby JR080502 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:01 pm

The lineup mentioned by truesouthfaninpburg grew up in parkersburg and went to the middle schools there so it could only be a bonus if someone else moved in town. No need to recruit, we do pretty good with out it. And the business you are talking about was opened in mineral wells several years before high school was a thought . Don’t hate them because their kids and coaching and community supports the team and creates a great atmosphere along with a lot opportunities to get looked at by high level college coaches that other high schools in the state dont.

Truesouthfaninhunt

Postby Truesouthfaninhunt » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:44 pm

WrestlingFan1 wrote:

You know what I always say: “ STEEL SHARPENS STEEL”!!!!!

TSFNH

greencrush

Postby greencrush » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:10 pm

Truesouthfaninhunt wrote:
WrestlingFan1 wrote:
oroyos wrote:TSFNH

Nobody knows what that means. Use English words.
sentenceseller

Truesouthfaninhunt

Postby Truesouthfaninhunt » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:35 pm

Well apparently it is NOT too early to discuss how loaded South wrestling will be this year.

WrestlingFan1

Postby WrestlingFan1 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:03 am

JR080502 wrote:The lineup mentioned by truesouthfaninpburg grew up in parkersburg and went to the middle schools there so it could only be a bonus if someone else moved in town. No need to recruit, we do pretty good with out it. And the business you are talking about was opened in mineral wells several years before high school was a thought . Don’t hate them because their kids and coaching and community supports the team and creates a great atmosphere along with a lot opportunities to get looked at by high level college coaches that other high schools in the state dont.

Coaches find talent, last time I checked Noah Adams and Hunter Delong were both at WVU. Only one of the two went to South. The other went to one of the sub-par schools you South guys constantly trash. Give it a break you guys have a great team, thats not the reason people dislike you.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:13 pm

I have refrained from this discussion topic. All I can do is pray for all of you.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

JR080502

Postby JR080502 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:43 pm

WrestlingFan1 wrote:
JR080502 wrote:The lineup mentioned by truesouthfaninpburg grew up in parkersburg and went to the middle schools there so it could only be a bonus if someone else moved in town. No need to recruit, we do pretty good with out it. And the business you are talking about was opened in mineral wells several years before high school was a thought . Don’t hate them because their kids and coaching and community supports the team and creates a great atmosphere along with a lot opportunities to get looked at by high level college coaches that other high schools in the state dont.

Coaches find talent, last time I checked Noah Adams and Hunter Delong were both at WVU. Only one of the two went to South. The other went to one of the sub-par schools you South guys constantly trash. Give it a break you guys have a great team, thats not the reason people dislike you.

Just letting you know we don't recruit. If parents feel it is better for their kids to go to a different school to get a better opportunity then good for them. If you are a baseball or softball kid then you try to get to Hurricane. Good for them for figuring out the system. I would suggest if you are a part of team that can't retain their athletes then maybe you should be asking or going to the camps in the summers to better the teams. But if I were you, I wouldn't call Independence a "sub-par school" (your words). I really don't know why South is disliked so much but maybe you can go to Independence and ask them how they keep or get good athletes in their program.

WrestlingFan1

Postby WrestlingFan1 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:53 am

JR080502 wrote:
WrestlingFan1 wrote:

Just letting you know we don't recruit. If parents feel it is better for their kids to go to a different school to get a better opportunity then good for them. If you are a baseball or softball kid then you try to get to Hurricane. Good for them for figuring out the system. I would suggest if you are a part of team that can't retain their athletes then maybe you should be asking or going to the camps in the summers to better the teams. But if I were you, I wouldn't call Independence a "sub-par school" (your words). I really don't know why South is disliked so much but maybe you can go to Independence and ask them how they keep or get good athletes in their program.

The "sub-par" comment was sarcasm, sorry if that was taken out of context I really their program. I know things are tough in the southern part of the state economically and its seems like they do a great job year after year. I would assume they have a decent youth program, not really sure about that one. I do know they have a really good middle school team every year, so I think it would be safe to say thats a big plus.
As for why people don't like South, just read some of the comments you guys make on here, its like everyone else is second class and we are lucky you let us talk wrestling. Recruiting wise, what ever makes you feel better about yourself is fine, just some things look awfully fishy.

Gator

Postby Gator » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:41 am

Recruiting is the act of attracting, engaging, assessing, and onboarding talent for work, or in this case as mentioned, for a team.

WrestlingFan1, maybe you can share with everyone, who from South did any of the above? You can accuse a team of "recruiting", but if you don't share your knowledge, we will never know if it's true.

I can tell you with confidence that no one affiliated with South or their wrestling program contacts or recruits wrestlers from another area. Unless you've lived in a cave for the past 50 years, you'd know they don't need to do so!
Moderator WV Mat

csmith11

Postby csmith11 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:24 pm

Wrestlingfan1 I don't know anyone calling independence subpar. Your the first one I've seen say that. Now coaches jobs are to find talent but it's hard to stand out if your school doesn't travel and you don't have the money to go all over the country out of season. Looking at Indy schedule last year they wrestled in state 7 times and out of state 6 times which included va duals, Powerade, dual with christiansburg. All tough and college coaches watching. That schedule will get you noticed and I don't know of any other aa school wrestling anything close to their schedule other than maybe east fairmont. Noah had great out of season success that involved national and international awards which would get him recruited no matter what school he went to. I'm glad wvu didn't miss another great wv boy. I truly hate that most kids around the state don't get the same opportunities that kids from power schools of wv get.

csmith11

Postby csmith11 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:30 pm

About recruiting South has had what 2 kids move in that had any effect on the team. One I don't think wanted to leave his hometown team but dad was transferred and than last year. They must not be doing a good job recruiting lol. Just imagine how tough south would be if everyone that trained on south side ended up at south.

TheDonald

Postby TheDonald » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:25 am

csmith11 wrote:About recruiting South has had what 2 kids move in that had any effect on the team. One I don't think wanted to leave his hometown team but dad was transferred and than last year. They must not be doing a good job recruiting lol. Just imagine how tough south would be if everyone that trained on south side ended up at south.

That's a fact, Jack!

Return to “High School Wrestling”