Recruiting

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Indiansfan

Recruiting

Postby Indiansfan » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:42 am

What is considered recruiting by an HS/Club coach?
Locations to workout during the summer and fall are limited in our area. Was just looking for a place for him to get on the mat. Not an HS/Club coach who makes comments like you need come and wrestle for a good team/coach. We know several realtors in the area to help.
Last edited by Indiansfan on Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Truesouthfaninhunt

Re: Recruiting

Postby Truesouthfaninhunt » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:18 pm

Apparently when a kid decides to transfer to a school on his own volition in order to take advantage of said team’s schedule and to win a team championship... THAT apparently is considered “ recruiting “ by some of those on the ol Forum.

TSFNH

oroyos

Postby oroyos » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:31 pm

WTF ever hahahhahah

TheBoxer

Postby TheBoxer » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:18 pm

Indiansfan wrote:What is considered recruiting by an HS/Club coach?
Locations to workout during the summer and fall are limited in our area. Was just looking for a place for him to get on the mat. Not an HS/Club coach who makes comments like you need come and wrestle for a good team/coach. We know several realtors in the area to help.

If i read this correctly you are wondering if you can send your athlete somewhere other than he/she is now? How old are they? have they actually started HS yet?

mattman

Postby mattman » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:47 pm

You have a free move from middle to high school as long as it is in your county and approved by the board of education. I never really understood why a coach or parent would challenge the eligibility of a student trying to get to college on a scholarship, doing a sport they they love. I guarantee it’s more on a parent marketing their child than a coach calling the parent and recruiting. I remember when Josh Neal went to Parkersburg and the Shady people had a stroke. Just be satisfied the kid is healthy enough to compete and hope they make the right choices when it really counts!

Gator

Postby Gator » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:32 pm

mattman wrote:You have a free move from middle to high school as long as it is in your county and approved by the board of education. I never really understood why a coach or parent would challenge the eligibility of a student trying to get to college on a scholarship, doing a sport they they love. I guarantee it’s more on a parent marketing their child than a coach calling the parent and recruiting. I remember when Josh Neal went to Parkersburg and the Shady people had a stroke. Just be satisfied the kid is healthy enough to compete and hope they make the right choices when it really counts!

Good thoughts Mattman. On another thread a poster mentions the word “hate.” I don’t think we should hate anyone or another team. I respect others programs and have many friends who teach, coach or wrestle at other schools.
Moderator WV Mat

Truesouthfaninhunt

Postby Truesouthfaninhunt » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:57 pm

“ A rising tide lifts all boats” !

Oldcoach

Postby Oldcoach » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:26 am

This is my thing with Recuiting there is no Recruiting going on it is a better opportunity for the kids speaking as a parent.the kids and parents can not help it if there school in there area does not care about wrestling the way the parents do and the child. If u decided to take your kid to a school out of your area because he or she has a better opportunity to be the best in there sport that is not recruiting. So that being said if u have a problem with kids leaving your school because you and staff do not want to make it better so your kids won’t leave u just want to point fingers at people who better there kids and then u you want to blame these coaches for recruiting because they work harder then u do

mscoach26

Postby mscoach26 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:36 pm

"If you build it, they will come.

Return to “High School Wrestling”