Team WV Final Recap

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
TeamWV

Team WV Final Recap

Postby TeamWV » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:59 pm

Cadet Greco
The cadet greco team finished with two All-Americans and tied for 14th in the standings. Brayden Roberts became West Virginia's 6th individual to win a national championship at this tournament. Brayden won 6-0 matches on the road to becoming a national champion. We are truly proud of his hard work and dedication. John Martin Best finished in 3rd place & went 6-1 in greco. Jace Bradbury made it all the way to the blood round. He had a great tournament and went 3-2. He was a double All-American, which is a very special accomplishment. Sean Dawson and Gavin Quiocho went 3-2 in greco.

Cadet Greco Results
Colton White 1-2
Wiley Houser 0-2
Sean Dawson 3-2
Gavin Quiocho 3-2
Brayden Roberts 6-0
John Martin Best 6-1
Clayton Moore 0-2
Jace Bradbury 3-2

Junior Greco
The junior greco team fought hard today & showed a lot of grit throughout the week. Jake Staud made it to the round of 32. Staud and Liam Lusher both went 2-2.

Junior Greco Results
Tucker Windland 0-2
Jake Staud 2-2
Gabe Dempsey 1-2
Andrew Shelek 1-2
Liam Lusher 2-2
Canon Welker 0-2
Zac Samson 0-2
Anthony Carman 1-2
Leslie Campbell 0-2

First, I want to say how proud I am of the kids that came out and put it all on the line. This team put in a lot of hours of hard work to prepare for this tournament. Fargo is a grind, and they showed a lot of toughness out here. There is no other tournament like it in the country. They came together as team and supported each other till the end. I couldn't be more proud of them. Second, I want to thank the parents that came out to watch & support the kids. The Quiocho's, Mr. Roberts, Mr. Best, Mr. Bradbury, and Mrs. Windland. They supported us throughout the week, ran errands, & made gatorade for the kids. It was truly appreciated by everyone. I couldn't have asked for better parents out here. Third, I'd like to thank the following individuals for helping with the training camps: Chris Way, Matt Littleton, Danny Irwin, Danny Felix, Rob Archer, Ken Maisel, and Mitchell Port. Your time was greatly appreciated to helping these young men. Lastly, I want to thank Coach Dempsey & Coach Symons. They have volunteered their time & energy to help make WV better. They were constantly helping the kids & always at their side when they needed them. From running the workouts to running across the FargoDome within minutes of matches ending. I couldn't have asked for better people to help coach.

Thanks,
Steve Riner

brad32bury

Re: Team WV Final Recap

Postby brad32bury » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:11 am

What a week. Thank you coaches for your time and efforts. I enjoyed watching the kids. Hopefully more kids will have the oppurtunity to go.

I will do my best to keep pushing FS/GR through the Panhandle or North. I know Coach Burlingame and Symons have dedicated a ton of time to promoting FS/GR. Will work closely with Coach Burlingame to have a 2nd Panhandle tournament, willing to bring a bunch of kids south or west for a Team WV clinic or maybe host the coaches up here. Will be in touch.

Thanks again for everything!

george

Re: Team WV Final Recap

Postby george » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:55 pm

Great showing! Congratulations to all the wrestlers, parents, and coaches!

Return to “High School Wrestling”