BRAXTON - Rumor Has It

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Bearhugger

BRAXTON - Rumor Has It

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:20 pm

I heard that Braxton County is attending the Winner's Choice this upcoming season to enhance their competition. Their annual Braxton County Invitational is going to be shifted to another weekend in an effort to build it back up.

I repeat, this is just a rumor I heard.

Hopefully somebody can provide clarity.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

coach_williams

Re: BRAXTON - Rumor Has It

Postby coach_williams » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:23 pm

In the future you might want to get your info from a better source. Our home meet is the same weekend that it always is. We are making a few changes to our schedule this year, but that is not one of them.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:16 pm

coach_williams wrote:In the future you might want to get your info from a better source. Our home meet is the same weekend that it always is. We are making a few changes to our schedule this year, but that is not one of them.

Ok. That is why I said it was a rumor.

What is the schedule change? WSAZ???

coach_williams

Postby coach_williams » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:14 am

Bearhugger wrote:
coach_williams wrote:In the future you might want to get your info from a better source. Our home meet is the same weekend that it always is. We are making a few changes to our schedule this year, but that is not one of them.

Unfortunately I don't think WSAZ is in the plans. We usually start the season at Nicholas county, but this year we are going to Gary Bender in Roane, and our "open" weekend at the end of the year we will be at Shady (last year we did Bob Zide). There may be another change in there somewhere, but those are the only two I am sure of.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:54 pm

coach_williams wrote:
Bearhugger wrote:

Unfortunately I don't think WSAZ is in the plans. We usually start the season at Nicholas county, but this year we are going to Gary Bender in Roane, and our "open" weekend at the end of the year we will be at Shady (last year we did Bob Zide). There may be another change in there somewhere, but those are the only two I am sure of.

Shall I rank your son at 182 or 170?

coach_williams

Postby coach_williams » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:19 am

Bearhugger wrote:
coach_williams wrote:
Bearhugger wrote:

Shall I rank your son at 182 or 170?

Good question. I can't even predict it right now. The odds are 50/50 for either class.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:02 am

Now would we consider Braxton County High School as a rural or an urban school? It is placed right in the heart of Flatwoods and Flatwoods is the most urban area within 50 miles.

Let the debate begin. I would vote Braxton as Large Urban which would have them playing football against the likes of Cabell Midland, Capital and Martinsburg.

coach_williams

Postby coach_williams » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:36 pm

Bearhugger wrote:Now would we consider Braxton County High School as a rural or an urban school? It is placed right in the heart of Flatwoods and Flatwoods is the most urban area within 50 miles.

Let the debate begin. I would vote Braxton as Large Urban which would have them playing football against the likes of Cabell Midland, Capital and Martinsburg.

Yes, we are definitely a big city school. We even have a Starbucks, so clearly we are big time now. And in case you have missed our football games this season, CM, Cap and Martinsburg would be in for a lot of trouble when Big Green rolls into town :roll:

Return to “High School Wrestling”