Rule Change???

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Bearhugger

Rule Change???

Postby Bearhugger » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:54 pm

Can somebody share what the rule change for this upcoming season will be that pertains to table workers?

Thank you in advance.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

figure4match

Re: Rule Change???

Postby figure4match » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:11 am

My understanding, The top rated adult table workers during the State tournament will work the tables for the finals and ref's that aren't running a match will sit at the table and will be used as a side judge on only scoring in case of any discrepancy. The next match period will not continue until the head ref and table are in agreement if there is a protest on scoring... My understanding; cannot implement video because not federally sanctioned (what ever that means).

coach_williams

Postby coach_williams » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:25 am

I am unaware of the Federal government sanctioning any sporting event. Sounds like someone fed you a line of bull.

Video can be used in high school sporting events, WVSSAC just doesn't allow it. Two years ago Alabama started experimenting with coach's challenges and video replay in some of their exhibition games, but I don't know where it went. New Jersey started using video replay this year in regular season football games.

I wouldn't advocate video replay or coach's challenges in regular season, but having it for regionals and states in all sports would be justifiable.

------------------------------------------------------------

I would like clarification on some of the other rule changes coming down the pipe this year and hope that the refs are very clarified on these as well as I have a feeling that a few of these will become an issue of debate at some point.

From NFHS:

5-10: The definition of escape was modified.

5-15-1, 5-15-2, 5-15-3: A wrestler is now inbounds if two supporting points of either wrestler are inside or on the boundary line. This could be two supporting points of one wrestler or one supporting point of each wrestler.

5-22-1, 5-22-2: The definition of a reversal has been revised.

5-24-3e, f: Stalling in the neutral position also takes place when a wrestler is backing off the mat and out of bounds, as well as when the wrestler is pushing or pulling out of bounds.

5-25-1, 5-25-3: The definition of a takedown has been revised.

DWM

Postby DWM » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:01 pm

coach_williams wrote:I am unaware of the Federal government sanctioning any sporting event. Sounds like someone fed you a line of bull.

Video can be used in high school sporting events, WVSSAC just doesn't allow it. Two years ago Alabama started experimenting with coach's challenges and video replay in some of their exhibition games, but I don't know where it went. New Jersey started using video replay this year in regular season football games.

I wouldn't advocate video replay or coach's challenges in regular season, but having it for regionals and states in all sports would be justifiable.

------------------------------------------------------------

I would like clarification on some of the other rule changes coming down the pipe this year and hope that the refs are very clarified on these as well as I have a feeling that a few of these will become an issue of debate at some point.

From NFHS:

5-10: The definition of escape was modified.

5-15-1, 5-15-2, 5-15-3: A wrestler is now inbounds if two supporting points of either wrestler are inside or on the boundary line. This could be two supporting points of one wrestler or one supporting point of each wrestler.

5-22-1, 5-22-2: The definition of a reversal has been revised.

5-24-3e, f: Stalling in the neutral position also takes place when a wrestler is backing off the mat and out of bounds, as well as when the wrestler is pushing or pulling out of bounds.

5-25-1, 5-25-3: The definition of a takedown has been revised.

They did mention something about having the NFHS approve the use of video, but the request was denied and was going to be resubmitted again in an attempt to get it approved in the future.
The most interesting thing from the entire meeting was when Wayne Ryan said they messed up last year and awarded a state championship to the wrong kid.
I'm sure they only said that in the Beckley meeting.

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:04 pm

Where can one read or obtain these rule changes?

Return to “High School Wrestling”