Mike Ellis Results

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Cummings

Mike Ellis Results

Postby Cummings » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:24 pm

More results will follow tomorrow.

1st Place
Cabell Midland

2nd Place
St. Albans

3rd Place
University JV

4th Place
Riverside

Most Outstanding Wrestler lower weights
Treven Taylor 138
Hurricane High School

Most Outstanding Wrestler upper weights
Nate Neal 160
Cabell Midland High School
[color=#FF0000]Lee Cummings

TrueSouthFanInPburg

Re: Mike Ellis Results

Postby TrueSouthFanInPburg » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:59 am

How about the individual results

Cummings

Postby Cummings » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:16 pm

I attempted to attach a PDF file of results but it says it's too large. I attached a word document of results and emailed Doc Miller results.

Thanks to everyone who helped out and attended the tournament. Good luck with your season.
Attachments
2018 Mike Ellis Results.docx
(13.44 KiB) Downloaded 487 times

TrueSouthFanInPburg

Postby TrueSouthFanInPburg » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:21 pm

Is there any way you could possible put the individual results on here ?

Truesouthfaninhunt

Postby Truesouthfaninhunt » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:54 pm

Save your energy TSFNPB.. my guess is that would involve too much effort, orginization and consideration for the kids efforts. My nephew went 7-0 on the day but good luck finding the individual results.

Cummings

Postby Cummings » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:52 pm

My name is Lee Cummings.
Please look no further and do not waste more energy deciding who to blame. I am to blame.
It is my lack of effort, organization, and consideration that all individual results are not posted.

aacoach126

Postby aacoach126 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:10 pm

From my point of view it is the coach's responsibility to get their individual results on here. There were 16 teams at the tournament and each team wrestled 5 matches. Not sure why anyone would put that much burden on a tournament director that already goes so far out of his way to make sure the tournament runs smoothly. Thanks for what you do Lee!

aacoach29

Postby aacoach29 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:02 pm

Correct aacoach126. Each individual coach needs to post their team scores. Also, I really don't think that a high school wrestler can go 7-0 in a one day duals tourney in the state of WV.

TrueSouthFanInPburg

Postby TrueSouthFanInPburg » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:03 pm

I would guess that at least 75% of the results are posted on here. It does not have to be the head coach that posts the results. It can be ANY of the assistant coaches, managers, score keepers, parents or anybody that wants to do it. In our case at Parkersburg we have had the same volunteer (Jenny Hannan) doing it for over 20 years and she does the best job of any school I've ever seen on here. So we are not only #1 in the rankings but #1 in posting results also. :D

TrueSouthFanInPburg

Postby TrueSouthFanInPburg » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:07 pm

That's Parkersburg South not Parkersburg. :?

Campion

Postby Campion » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:05 pm

aacoach29 wrote:Correct aacoach126. Each individual coach needs to post their team scores. Also, I really don't think that a high school wrestler can go 7-0 in a one day duals tourney in the state of WV.

You are correct. We had a few wrestlers officially go 5-0 at this tournament from Nitro but had an exhibition or two for more mat time. Those do not count for your official record. 7-0 must be accounting for exhibitions?

Truesouthfaninhunt

Postby Truesouthfaninhunt » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:29 am

You are correct he was 6-0. That makes no difference regarding why individual results cannot be posted. The reason why they are not posted my guess is that no one kept track of such things. Pitiful.

The rationale that tournament “ directors”
should simply be applauded for holding a match regardless of how the tournament is conducted is insane.
Wrestlers deserve better .. do it right.

mscoach90

Postby mscoach90 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:49 am

You did a very nice job Lee. The tourny ran smooth. Not sure how a wrestler was able to get six matches when you can only wrestle five in one day.

aacoach126

Postby aacoach126 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:46 am

Truesouthfaninhunt wrote:You are correct he was 6-0. That makes no difference regarding why individual results cannot be posted. The reason why they are not posted my guess is that no one kept track of such things. Pitiful.

The rationale that tournament “ directors”
should simply be applauded for holding a match regardless of how the tournament is conducted is insane.
Wrestlers deserve better .. do it right.

Couple things:
1. All matches were recorded by each coach. So when you say its "pitiful" you must be referring to the coaches efforts, not the tournament directors.
2. The director was not being applauded for "simply holding a match". He was being applauded for all the extra work that the WVMat Mafia doesn't see (i.e. working with teams to adjust pools, getting everyone's JV kids sent to another team so that they can get mat time, etc.)

The tournament ran extremely well and in my opinion .... was "done right"

Truesouthfaninhunt

Postby Truesouthfaninhunt » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:41 pm

The issue is not recording of matches, its posting them on WVmat.

Oh and I personally witnessed a Freshman from South beat a good kid who won two matches at States last year and was 3rd in his Region. Too bad that it doesnt count. :lol:

JustSomeone

Postby JustSomeone » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:50 pm

I was unaware that WV-Mat is the official website of high school wrestling. I was unaware that coaches in WV report directly to the people here on the mat. Should we be expecting the mat to fire some coaches over not posting stats?

Coaches, tournament directors, scorekeepers, principals, ADs, none of them are obligated to post ANYTHING on this site. It is nice to have a place to talk about wrestling and discuss it and to see scores, sure. But i can tell you first hand that most coaches, especially in high school, don't have the slightest care in the world about what is said here, or posted here. Most encourage their kids not to even get on WV-Mat. If the coaches want to know the score of a match, they will network and just ask other coaches. This site is not crucial for a coach to do his job, so is it any surprise that the coaches don't put as much effort into posting here or submitting results as you fans seem to want? If you think this site is crucial for a wrestler to be able to step on the mat and perform, you are delusional.

Truesouthfaninhunt, since you seem to take issue with coaches and tournament directors efforts, organization, and considerations, why don't you step up and run a tournament? Or coach? There are many teams at all levels that are looking for coaches. Let's see how you handle things.

TrueSouthFanInPburg

Postby TrueSouthFanInPburg » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:32 pm

How in the world do u know most coaches think and do ? You must be a mind reader. :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:

TrueSouthFanInPburg

Postby TrueSouthFanInPburg » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:42 pm

And I know for a fact that my first cousin truesouthfaninhunt has ran at least a dozen wrestling tournaments and ALWAYS posts the results on here. He also coached Pee Wee wreswtling for 3 years, Junior High for 3 years, Middle School for 3 years, High School for 5 years and College for 7 year. He is also currently coaching and training several wrestlers that will be wrestling in the Olympics. He has won at least 20 awards for his expertise. Don't be surprised if you see him on tv coaching our National Wrestling in the next Olympics.

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:16 am

I have been hesitant to even venture a response on this post due to its tone.... but, I just can no longer keep from pointing out that the results in question: PS JV vs Cabell Midland/Mingo/Sissionville/ Roane/ Nitro & SC have been on the Scores page now for quite some time. Am I missing something?

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:30 am

KDunbar wrote:I have been hesitant to even venture a response on this post due to its tone.... but, I just can no longer keep from pointing out that the results in question: PS JV vs Cabell Midland/Mingo/Sissionville/ Roane/ Nitro & SC have been on the Scores page now for quite some time. Am I missing something?

By the way, they've also been on the OVAeC.org site.

figure4match

Postby figure4match » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:21 am

This crazy banter is the reason people/ coaches/etc don't post on this site... Move on!!

Return to “High School Wrestling”